A song for my mom who would have turned 76 this Mother's Day

I also listened to a Flying in a Blue Dream cassette 3 or 4 times driving
to the funeral in Kentucky and back. Drove through a blizzard the first week of December
1991 on the way there.

Last edited:
Her birthday was May 15th actually, always right around Mother's Day.
She was only 47 when she passed away back in 1991 of a rare case of pneumonia.
And this song always make me think of her like she's right here in the room listening.

Sorry to hear about your mother passing away at such a young age. That must've been tough. My mother passed away in October of 2013, and I miss her every day. Especially on holidays and on her birthday. She was 71 years of age.

And this song always make me think of her like she's right here in the room listening.

Sorry to hear about your mother passing away at such a young age. That must've been tough. My mother passed away in October of 2013, and I miss her every day. Especially on holidays and on her birthday. She was 71 years of age.

Thanks. Yeah they say the only thing harder is losing a child I guess.

My condoleances to both of you for the loss of your mothers:(. my mother is still alive and i dread, i'm afraid of losing her, i just adore her, she is the sun of my life and it is this song below that makes me think of her the most.

Angelo, you're right the worst is the loss of a child and I lost my brother-in-law and his mother said; there is a word for all dramas like being orphaned of a father or a mother but there is no word for the loss of a child, she is right.

My condoleances to both of you for the loss of your mothers:(. my mother is still alive and i dread, i'm afraid of losing her, i just adore her, she is the sun of my life and it is this song below that makes me think of her the most.

Angelo, you're right the worst is the loss of a child and I lost my brother-in-law and his mother said; there is a word for all dramas like being orphaned of a father or a mother but there is no word for the loss of a child, she is right.

Thank you, Dalia.

My mom passed ten years ago. We agreed on Mario Lanza.

My mom passed last year

and yeah , the world gets a little colder when one's mom isn't in it

~S~

Sorry. Mine passed away Jan. 12 at almost 92. Truth to tell, at that point it was probably a "good thing".

Yours was far too young.

how do yall deal with it...mothers day....i dont feel like much...and yet i feel its unfair to dampen it for everyone else...and yes being an orphan at any age is not fun

how do yall deal with it...mothers day....i dont feel like much...and yet i feel its unfair to dampen it for everyone else...and yes being an orphan at any age is not fun

The first Mothers day is the worst, it will get easier over time. My Dad died in 75 and my Mom in 85, they were young by todays standards.

Forum List

Back