A Simple Question About Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

What is insulting about wanting to give Trump credit for the record breaking improvements in black unemployment rates, that occurred since he took over?

Cause I'm really not seeing any insult.
The insult is that a black person would look at that chart and give Trump credit for it, when the trajectory of the unemployment rate that Trump inherited was CLEARLY headed down. Most people are smart enough to see that, and it's an insult that a person would not.

My goodness, this place blows my freakin' mind. It really does.

In my life, every single President has either personally, or at least though his partisans, has claimed credit for the good things that occur during his time in office.

I am, I am sure you will agree, one of the most sensitive to slights people on the Right there is. I enjoy watching videos of people even more rant-y than I, such as Gavin McGinnes, former head of the Proud BOys, reacting to the things liberals say.

I have never myself, nor heard any conservative claim INSULT from liberals, simply because a dem President or one of his partisans, claimed credit for something good that happened on his watch.

It is not enough for liberals today, to disagree with a conservative.

Because just disagreeing leads to questions of policy. No, the liberal in question, needs an excuse to marginalize the conservative so that such discussion of policy and issues, can be avoided.
There may be a point in there, among all the extra spaces in the typing, I don't know. But it does appear that it's all the other guy's fault.

You asked a question, I answered it. I wasn't expecting a miracle.

DO you see that without talking, all conflicts will eventually be decided by force and violence?
Uh yes, okay.

Honesty would be another required component.

Smaller amounts of blatant disrespect would be even better.

The insult is that a black person would look at that chart and give Trump credit for it, when the trajectory of the unemployment rate that Trump inherited was CLEARLY headed down. Most people are smart enough to see that, and it's an insult that a person would not.

My goodness, this place blows my freakin' mind. It really does.

In my life, every single President has either personally, or at least though his partisans, has claimed credit for the good things that occur during his time in office.

I am, I am sure you will agree, one of the most sensitive to slights people on the Right there is. I enjoy watching videos of people even more rant-y than I, such as Gavin McGinnes, former head of the Proud BOys, reacting to the things liberals say.

I have never myself, nor heard any conservative claim INSULT from liberals, simply because a dem President or one of his partisans, claimed credit for something good that happened on his watch.

Because just disagreeing leads to questions of policy. No, the liberal in question, needs an excuse to marginalize the conservative so that such discussion of policy and issues, can be avoided.
There may be a point in there, among all the extra spaces in the typing, I don't know. But it does appear that it's all the other guy's fault.

DO you see that without talking, all conflicts will eventually be decided by force and violence?
Uh yes, okay.

I have no idea what that means, but I'm sure you're right.

Uh yes, okay.

If all you have to offer in discussion, is smug condescension, then communication is not occurring.

Conflict then cannot be resolved peacefully.

By choosing to end communication, you are choosing force as the only other way to resolve conflicts.

Uh yes, okay.

If all you have to offer in discussion, is smug condescension, then communication is not occurring.

By choosing to end communication, you are choosing force as the only other way to resolve conflicts.
I don't know how to communicate with people like you, especially online.

One of my myriad character flaws.

Uh yes, okay.

I don't know how to communicate with people like you, especially online.

One of my myriad character flaws.

Sure you do. YOu just have chosen not to.

You, plural as a group. And thus, we have no way of communicating across partisan lines.

We are drifting further and further apart, and we are getting more and more bitter in our disagreements, with each successive conflict, as the conflicts are never resolved though anything but some type of force.

The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Was A Zionist.

3moatv-e1579544067669.jpg

More exact words were never said, and they were told by the great civil rights leader, The Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. the American hero whose life and dream we celebrate today. Dr. King was a great leader for civil rights and a Zionist. Unlike today’s “Civil Rights” leaders who seek divisiveness and handouts, Dr. King’s dream was a post-racial society where people were judged by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin.
Except those aren't his words.

Yes they are:

In 2002, the late Rep. John Lewis who worked closely with Martin Luther King Jr. wrote an op-ed confirming that the famous quote, latter used in an open letter, came from a speech made by Dr. King:

….During the recent U.N. Conference on Racism held in Durban, South Africa, we were all shocked by the attacks on Jews, Israel and Zionism. The United States of America stood up against these vicious attacks.​

Once again, the words of King ran through my memory, “I solemnly pledge to do my utmost to uphold the fair name of the Jews — because bigotry in any form is an affront to us all.”​

During an appearance at Harvard University shortly before his death, a student stood up and asked King to address himself to the issue of Zionism. The question was clearly hostile. King responded, “When people criticize Zionists they mean Jews, you are talking Antisemitism”.​

With great respect to Rep. John Lewis- who I am sure you agree with me is a great Congressman and civil rights leader- may believe that MLK said those exact words- but there is no indication that he was actually there at Harvard.

The 'letter' was a fake- there was no such letter. Did MLK actually say those exact words? Maybe- basically its the account of one person(Lipset) who said he was there and heard MLK say something like that. Another, Peretz agreed that MLK said something like that. Andrew Young who was also at the dinner never confirmed MLK said that.

Here is a verified quote of King that is clearly supportive of Israel- and Palestine.

“I think it is necessary to say that what is basic and what is needed in the Middle East is peace. Peace for Israel is one thing. Peace for the Arab side of that world is another thing,” said King.

“Peace for Israel means security, and we must stand with all of our might to protect its right to exist, its territorial integrity. I see Israel, and never mind saying it, as one of the great outposts of democracy in the world, and a marvelous example of what can be done, how desert land almost can be transformed into an oasis of brotherhood and democracy. Peace for Israel means security and that security must be a reality.

“On the other hand, we must see what peace for the Arabs means in a real sense of security on another level. Peace for the Arabs means the kind of economic security that they so desperately need. These nations, as you know, are part of that third world of hunger, of disease, of illiteracy. I think that as long as these conditions exist there will be tensions, there will be the endless quest to find scapegoats. So there is a need for a Marshall Plan for the Middle East, where we lift those who are at the bottom of the e

Fierce tugs in the war over Martin Luther King’s legacy on Israel
Well, it's not just Rep John Lewis.

King was also quite clear at a dinner that took place at the Cambridge home of Martin Peretz, then a professor at Harvard. As reported by Martin Kramer:

King’s words were first reported by Seymour Martin Lipset, at that time the George D. Markham Professor of Government and Sociology at Harvard, in an article he published in the magazine Encounter in December 1969—that is, in the year following King’s assassination. Lipset:

Shortly before he was assassinated, Martin Luther King, Jr. was in Boston on a fund-raising mission, and I had the good fortune to attend a dinner which was given for him in Cambridge. This was an experience which was at once fascinating and moving: one witnessed Dr. King in action in a way one never got to see in public. He wanted to find what the Negro students at Harvard and other parts of the Boston area were thinking about various issues, and he very subtly cross-examined them for well over an hour and a half. He asked questions, and said very little himself. One of the young men present happened to make some remark against the Zionists. Dr. King snapped at him and said, “Don’t talk like that! When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You’re talking Antisemitism!”​

7 Big Lies Conservatives Want You To Believe About Martin Luther King, Jr.

I got one question to ask on the day we celebrate the life and lessons of Dr. Martin Luther King - (or as the Democrats call him, Martin Luther Coon) -- and that question is -- what prominent conservatives were marching along side of King down in places like Selma, Birmingham, Jackson?? Notice, I didn't ask what prominent "republicans" were marching along side of King, I asked what prominent "conservatives" were marching along side of him....and whenever you break it down along ideological lines instead of party lines -- the closet racists of today get triggered.....

"When you look at American history from a straight progressive versus conservative viewpoint, there have not been too many universally agreed upon conservative victories. Primarily because conservatives are conservatives and want things to stay the same. And things have changed. When women wanted the vote, obviously, the people not wanting that to change would have been considered conservative. Those who wanted to keep Jim Crow would have been conservatives. Many of those who would have been considered heroes to the conservatives at the time would seem super backwards to almost anyone today. No one is going around wearing a Joseph McCarthy t-shirt, and cool kids on campus are not sitting around reading “The Bell Curve.”

Since this question is so hard for today's conservatives to answer -- they resort to just flat out making shit up -- and hoping if they just keep repeating the lie enough, it will be truth -- pay no attention to what MLK said himself, they tell you...Popular lies like "King was a Republican, believe me...his niece even said it...and we pay her a lot of money to keep telling us that!!"....Here is what King said about the 1964 Republican convention...."The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” [Barry Goldwater] at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade."

History and facts are a troublesome thing for those who seek to try to invent their own...and when those people really get triggered -- they finally let it slip out that "King cheated on his wives, he is a rapist!!" -- "King was paid to say those radical things by the Commies!!" -- funny, weren't you just claiming he was a conservative Republican??

Let's also remember what your former God, St. Reagan (replaced by your new God, Trump) said immediately after the assassination of MLK....he basically said he was a radical lawbreaker and he had it coming....Even when he had to change positions and sign MLK day as a federal holiday -- he wrote an apology letter to a member of the racist John Birch society (Meldrim Thomson, Jr) to explain to him that he was only using the MLK day as political pretext to silence the mounting criticism of his positions on civil rights.

So....I'll simply ask....can you name me the prominent republican conservatives who were along side of King, putting his or her life on the line for civil rights? People who died for what they believed in, people like Viola Luizzo, Andrew Goodman, William Lewis Moore, Jonathan Daniels -- by the way, all of those people I just named were white.....the ones who were attacked as being "liberal trouble makers" and "N-word lovers" -- they damn sure were not murdered for being "prominent conservatives"
Republicans mock mlk day then ask blacks to vote republican. Probably why mlk day is not held november 1st.

I got one question to ask on the day we celebrate the life and lessons of Dr. Martin Luther King - (or as the Democrats call him, Martin Luther Coon) -- and that question is -- what prominent conservatives were marching along side of King down in places like Selma, Birmingham, Jackson?? Notice, I didn't ask what prominent "republicans" were marching along side of King, I asked what prominent "conservatives" were marching along side of him....and whenever you break it down along ideological lines instead of party lines -- the closet racists of today get triggered.....

"When you look at American history from a straight progressive versus conservative viewpoint, there have not been too many universally agreed upon conservative victories. Primarily because conservatives are conservatives and want things to stay the same. And things have changed. When women wanted the vote, obviously, the people not wanting that to change would have been considered conservative. Those who wanted to keep Jim Crow would have been conservatives. Many of those who would have been considered heroes to the conservatives at the time would seem super backwards to almost anyone today. No one is going around wearing a Joseph McCarthy t-shirt, and cool kids on campus are not sitting around reading “The Bell Curve.”

Since this question is so hard for today's conservatives to answer -- they resort to just flat out making shit up -- and hoping if they just keep repeating the lie enough, it will be truth -- pay no attention to what MLK said himself, they tell you...Popular lies like "King was a Republican, believe me...his niece even said it...and we pay her a lot of money to keep telling us that!!"....Here is what King said about the 1964 Republican convention...."The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” [Barry Goldwater] at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade."

History and facts are a troublesome thing for those who seek to try to invent their own...and when those people really get triggered -- they finally let it slip out that "King cheated on his wives, he is a rapist!!" -- "King was paid to say those radical things by the Commies!!" -- funny, weren't you just claiming he was a conservative Republican??

Let's also remember what your former God, St. Reagan (replaced by your new God, Trump) said immediately after the assassination of MLK....he basically said he was a radical lawbreaker and he had it coming....Even when he had to change positions and sign MLK day as a federal holiday -- he wrote an apology letter to a member of the racist John Birch society (Meldrim Thomson, Jr) to explain to him that he was only using the MLK day as political pretext to silence the mounting criticism of his positions on civil rights.

So....I'll simply ask....can you name me the prominent republican conservatives who were along side of King, putting his or her life on the line for civil rights? People who died for what they believed in, people like Viola Luizzo, Andrew Goodman, William Lewis Moore, Jonathan Daniels -- by the way, all of those people I just named were white.....the ones who were attacked as being "liberal trouble makers" and "N-word lovers" -- they damn sure were not murdered for being "prominent conservatives"
Republicans mock mlk day then ask blacks to vote republican. Probably why mlk day is not held november 1st.

What Republican "mocks" MLK Day?

None that I know of.

Actually, it the libs who mock Columbus Day which is set aside to celebrate the achievements of Italian Americans.

None that I know of.

Actually, it the libs who mock Columbus Day which is set aside to celebrate the achievements of Italian Americans.
Columbus day is not to celebrate Italian Americans. It's to celebrate when we first discovered America.

If it was made a holiday to celebrate Italians that's because white non Italian Americans were treating Italians like shit as if they weren't real Americans.

Do a search for MLK Day and you'll see USMB Republicans mock MLK day. They don't think it should be a holiday. Do you think it should be a holiday?

None that I know of.

It was Republicans who opposed making it a National Holiday

Try reading posts on this board to see what Republicans think of MLK

It was LIBERAL HERO John McCain who was opposed to making it a national holiday, a RINO Supreme.

In any event, there is no national holiday for the Polish People, or the Lithuanian, Slovenian or Slovak people either.

And they want to get rid of the Italian holiday. The Irish holiday is celebrated, but banks stay open on St. Paddy's day.

None that I know of.

He will keep playing stupid because that is what conservatives must do whenever they have to talk about the Civil Rights movement

None that I know of.

It was LIBERAL HERO John McCain who was opposed to making it a national holiday, a RINO Supreme.

In any event, there is no national holiday for the Polish People, or the Lithuanian, Slovenian or Slovak people either.

And they want to get rid of the Italian holiday. The Irish holiday is celebrated, but banks stay open on St. Paddy's day.
The same John McCain that Republicans nominated to be president not that long ago??

The same McCain that helped paved the way for a Trump by putting Palin on his ticket and thus opening the door to the complete intellectual rot of Republican presidential candidates??

Remember how you folks were even willing to make this guy a Senator just because he asked that black guy you hated a question? A stupid question at that..
z_gop.0066 (35).jpg

Last edited:

None that I know of.

Columbus day is not to celebrate Italian Americans. It's to celebrate when we first discovered America.

If it was made a holiday to celebrate Italians that's because white non Italian Americans were treating Italians like shit as if they weren't real Americans.

Do a search for MLK Day and you'll see USMB Republicans mock MLK day. They don't think it should be a holiday. Do you think it should be a holiday?

Libs are still treating Italians like shit. Look at the way Giuliani and Santorum and Alito are all treated. Libs danced in the streets after Scalia was clipped.

I have just noticed that this thread is one year old.

But since it's open, I guess that I can respond.

I think that the OP's comments are accurate: conservatives/Republicans generally refrained from joining the call to dismantle segregation in the South.

I am 83 and have lived my whole life here in California. For a long time, it was a conservative/Republican state, but if I remember correctly, as early as the 1950s, conservatives/Republicans did join Democrats in dismantling de facto segregation. For example, a law opening up public accommodations to everyone was passed.

None that I know of.

Libs are still treating Italians like shit. Look at the way Giuliani and Santorum and Alito are all treated. Libs danced in the streets after Scalia was clipped.
How about Cuomo and Pelosi?

None that I know of.

Fredo and Nancy are "Italians in Name Only". A real Italian wouldn't trash talk Columbus.

None that I know of.

Fredo and Nancy are "Italians in Name Only". A real Italian wouldn't trash talk Columbus.

So in other words they are Sellouts, you just don't want to call them that because it would show the hypocrisy.

None that I know of.

You still mad Mussolini ain't celebrated enough in this country -- shut yo goofy ass up

Forum List

Back