A sad comment on America in the 21st century....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
.... when foreign protestors don't burn our flag, but hold it up as a symbol of freedom from oppression.
And then they sing our national anthem.
Leftist must hate them.

Our citizens pretending to be oppressed burn the American flag, refuse to stand for it.
REAL oppressed people can only dream of a country like ours.
A sad comment indeed.

You know what they have in China? Compulsory patriotism. People are jailed or killed for refusing to comply with the many rules concerning flags, salutes, national symbols and rituals concerned with the ever present Chinese nationalism. Bet you think we should have that here.

The protesters in Hong Kong wave the U.S. flag symbolizing what the country is supposed to stand for.

Domestic protesters protest the toxic brew of hate and mendacity the country has, with your support, become under Trump.

Idiots and other Trump sycophants cannot tell the difference.

You know what they have in China? Compulsory patriotism. People are jailed or killed for refusing to comply with the many rules concerning flags, salutes, national symbols and rituals concerned with the ever present Chinese nationalism. Bet you think we should have that here.
No one is going to force you to love the United States. There have always been low lifes that reap the benefits paid for by Patriots. It's part of the price we pay for Liberty and freedom.

Strawman much?
Looks like it

Dems love burning flags
demsburningflagssdfidkdksdh.jpg

Lol
Only a fool thinks that we have any real freedom here....

HAhahaa.... looks like I hit a nerve.
REAL oppressed people DARING to look at America as something to hope for. THE HORROR!!
Really sets them off.

No one is going to force you to love the United States. There have always been low lifes that reap the benefits paid for by Patriots. It's part of the price we pay for Liberty and freedom.
More than one way to love your country. You salute flags while others fight for the rights of We The People against you people.

Lol
Only a fool thinks that we have any real freedom here....

Cut the crap!

What is it that you want to do but you can’t?
Lol
Constant drumbeat of frivolous gun control laws threatened on American citizens, Fucked up environmental regulations, taxation without representation, taxation by representatives that do not pay themselves, Political correctness being forced on law abiding citizens... Just to name a few.

Like I said only a fool thinks we have any real freedom here in America,

Careful.....any respectful display of an American flag anywhere; any time triggers unstable liberals. This thread alone could trigger some snowflake to run amok and try to hurt people.

HAhahaa.... looks like I hit a nerve.
REAL oppressed people DARING to look at America as something to hope for. THE HORROR!!
Really sets them off.

mmmmMaybe you did. Like the people in Southeast Asia, who fought on the allies side against the Japanese occupation, when they cited our founding documents in their cry for freedom and self governance. How dare they, so, we gave their land back to the French Colonialist. No freedom for thee!

Careful.....any respectful display of an American flag anywhere; any time triggers unstable liberals. This thread alone could trigger some snowflake to run amok and try to hurt people.
Practically no one has any problems with run-of the-mill patriotic displays. The problem occurs when patriotism is transmuted into nationalism and used as a weapon against your own countrymen.

Yeah if not that, those flags are in danger of gettin molested by and unstable orangeman at any time, anywhere.

More than one way to love your country. You salute flags while others fight for the rights of We The People against you people.
What "rights" are you fighting for?

Practically no one has any problems with run-of the-mill patriotic displays. The problem occurs when patriotism is transmuted into nationalism and used as a weapon against your own countrymen.
What is wrong with nationalism? You say it like it's a naughty word or something.

Who the fuck is using "patriotism" as a weapon against their own countrymen? It appears to me that our own countrymen are using foreign nationals as a weapon against us, their countrymen.

Does anybody give a single fuck about individual liberty anymore?

Since when did the pursuit of happiness become an evil act?

From a REAL Liberal:

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." —Thomas Jefferson

What is wrong with nationalism? You say it like it's a naughty word or something.

Who the fuck is using "patriotism" as a weapon against their own countrymen? It appears to me that our own countrymen are using foreign nationals as a weapon against us, their countrymen.

From a REAL Liberal:

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." —Thomas Jefferson

Just sitting here trying to envision a dictatorship where nationalism is not used to control the people and get the armies marching. I can't. Nationalism is a devotion to the state and especially it's leaders. Not my kind of thing. Patriotism is a devotion to the people. That should be everyone's kind of thing.

From a REAL Liberal:

Just sitting here trying to envision a dictatorship where nationalism is not used to control the people and get the armies marching. I can't. Nationalism is a devotion to the state and especially it's leaders. Not my kind of thing. Patriotism is a devotion to the people. That should be everyone's kind of thing.
Fine, but when did the pursuit of happiness become evil?

From a REAL Liberal:

Fine, but when did the pursuit of happiness become evil?

The pursuit of happiness is always evil when you are a sadist. Not sure what it is you feel prevented from pursuing that would make you happy but I'm pretty sure it involves fucking-up someone else.

Forum List

Back