A right to discriminate.

Sorry. I really am, I shouldn't be personal when it comes to this stuff. Minus towards politicians. Nothing beats the smell of mowing grass and smelling like gas, grass and beer. Wife hates it though.

I should not have been so rude. I agree with you about the smells. And the taste of an ice cold beer after working in the heat is one of life's great pleasures.

Someone should tell Sotomayor, Jackson and Kagan that you cannot defeat racism with racism. As for reparations--as soon as these potential recipients can point to the plantation that they were abused on and the owner of same. That is where reparations should come from. Not from the descendants of poor immigrants that arrived in the US after the Civil War.
They appear to believe that you can rape for virginity.

I have no idea how old you are but things have changed.

I'm 63. My kids graduated in 2000, 2002, and 2003.

They may have changed. But that does not mean you have no options. Hell, if worst comes to worst, home school them. That is what my step-daughter did when the public school would not stop forcing her children to memories and recipe a Xtian prayer and Bible verses.

I'm 63. My kids graduated in 2000, 2002, and 2003.

They may have changed. But that does not mean you have no options. Hell, if worst comes to worst, home school them. That is what my step-daughter did when the public school would not stop forcing her children to memories and recipe a Xtian prayer and Bible verses.
69. My kids graduated 2011 and 2013. I got a late start. Although I could still play football with the youngest.

No, you should not. If you own a bar, you serve beer to everyone behaving themselves. That's the American way.
I agree it's the American Way. Let the non-hackers show their hand. Let them put up discriminatory service guidelines and see how fast their bars, restaurants, etc. shit the bed and close.

That's if they're not burned to the ground by the queen's little brood.

qa.png

Racial discrimination on buses, diner counters, water fountains and all that from decades ago was just as much government as it was society. It wasn't a racist businessman that set up segregated public infrastructure, it was government. DEMOCRAT GOVERNMENT BTW.....

Once the dominant public opinion turned against segregation, the government acted and all of that went away pretty quickly, except for the race riots in "liberal" Boston when Biden's "racial jungle" came to town. It wasn't the government manipulating the change, it was the voices of more people who wanted the country to live in peace.

So raise your kids that way. I raised my children in a way that reflected my beliefs and my views. Teachers may have had different views. But I had more influence on my children than they did.

And there are options other than public schools. Or go to the school board meetings, PTA meetings and other places to voice your opposition.
only matter of time before they start serving queer beer for school lunches....and passing out crack pipes and syringes

I agree it's the American Way. Let the non-hackers show their hand. Let them put up discriminatory service guidelines and see how fast their bars, restaurants, etc. shit the bed and close.

That's if they're not burned to the ground by the queen's little brood.

Racial discrimination on buses, diner counters, water fountains and all that from decades ago was just as much government as it was society. It wasn't a racist businessman that set up segregated public infrastructure, it was government. DEMOCRAT GOVERNMENT BTW.....

Once the dominant public opinion turned against segregation, the government acted and all of that went away pretty quickly, except for the race riots in "liberal" Boston when Biden's "racial jungle" came to town. It wasn't the government manipulating the change, it was the voices of more people who wanted the country to live in peace.

goofy post

I disagree. It absolutely should be an option in a free society. As an Asian, I don't want to give my money to someone who may be bigoted towards Asians. Why would I? I'd rather know up front not to waste my time. Plus, in today's era, how long do you think a place would be in business if it became public that they openly discriminated against certain races? The vast majority of people aren't going to be caught dead patronizing a place that does that for the shame factor alone.
I don't know, it might work out just fine....I mean it used to.

White folks did not go black bars and vice-versa.

Maybe we all could compromise and just ban small kids from eateries and air flights. ;)

That is not a shield to refuse a public accommodation to all.
As every American conservative was told by Twitter. "It is a private enterprise and they can operate any way they wish. They do not receive any public aid in their operation and they pay their taxes." Not so great when the same issue you supported bites you in the ass is it?

A private enterprise can operate as it wants.

A minister acting on behalf his church congregation can marry who he wishes or not.

But a marriage chapel in LV open to the public will have to marry everyone who applies.

I found this ruling to be relief from some of the regressive tyranny we have faced in the modern era, but it doesn't go far enough. As an individual you should have an absolute right to avoid any contact with any sort of person you choose to keep away from you. You damn sure should not be forced to trade goods/services, provide employment, allow someone on your property or even communicate with them if you don't want to.

I don't care why either. It could be just because you're a racist jackass and don't want to do business with most people in the country who would be just as eager to not give you money or even be associated with you because of the embarrassment. The government has absolutely no authority to demand how you run a business. As long as you are not otherwise doing anyone else harm, then government can **** off. Discriminating against potential clients harms the business owner more than the person who has to seek their service elsewhere, and if NO ONE will provide it, maybe you need to live in a region where you're more accepted.
It was only against the law to discriminate against Leftists.

For example, you were not allowed to refuse to make a cake for a gay marriage, but you would be refused to make a cake with a confederate flag on it.

And we saw people refusing to serve conservatives at restaurants, but they could not refuse to serve blacks, who vote Leftist 99.9% of the time.

That is what the Left is most pissed about.

They will have to. They will have no choice.
Nope, if they are taking no public funds, they have no obligation to do any service that they do not want to. That is called--say it with me, S-L-A-V-E-R-Y. You cannot be forced to do work that you do not want to do. You are starting to sound like a democrat, the party of Jim Crow and KKK.

Read, CA, if your business offers itself to the public, you cannot bar protected classes of people, which includes race and origin, etc.

Read, CA, if your business offers itself to the public, you cannot bar protected classes of people, which includes race and origin, etc.
I cannot bar a protected class --- for that reason. I can refuse service to ANYONE for a myriad of other reasons---religious freedom, freedom of speech, sanitation (no shoe, no shirt), feeling threatened and on and on and on. You cannot force me to work, period. You democrats seem to think you can force people to do whatever you want. Fat chance.

Forum List

Back