A report card on the Biden administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it suddenly occurred to me. What are today's Republicans for? What do they support? They only tell us what they are against.

They are against our President. They say he is senile. I am being polite. They have other characterizations of our President which I just as soon not repeat. They use vicious labels and name calling to show their feelings about President Biden.

For weeks, today's Republicans labored on the trivial matter of our vice-president going to the southern border. They acted as if Harris going to the southern border would solve the decades old problems, and her failure to do so was unconscionable. They have names and labels for our our vice-president, too, which I just as soon not mention.

When they aren't targeting Biden and Harris, they bring up the most trivial of matters. They enjoy talking about the past because, I suspect, the present and future are disagreeable ... as my thread attests.

They also enjoy discussing theoretical issues, but avoid reality. Theoretically, Trump was a great President for several reasons, they say, but they never mention the reasons. That's because the reasons would be reality, and, after all, Trump was a great President, theoretically.

That is, if they talk about Trump at all. Today's Republicans avoid Trump, just as they avoid their own party. They can't tell us what issues they support because Republican leaders in Congress do not tell us what they support. Their only objective is to stop our President from accomplishing anything. Don't believe me? Give a listen to Mitch McConnell.

The traditional Republican Party is gone, replaced by the Trump Republican Party which is completely negative and believes in fantasies. Several members of Congress believe Trump's "Big Lie" and over 50% of Republicans believe the election was stolen from Trump.

"On Jan. 6, right after the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, 147 Republican lawmakers voted to overturn [Trump's] election loss," (Reuters).

Today's Republicans do not want talk about what they support because they don't want to look like idiots.

The traditional Republican Party is gone, replaced by the Trump Republican Party which is completely negative and believes in fantasies. Several members of Congress believe Trump's "Big Lie" and over 50% of Republicans believe the election was stolen from Trump.
Donald Trump is the titular head of the Republican Party, and Republican members of Congress are reluctant to cross him. Millions of grassroots Republicans mysteriously believe in Trump, and a Republican nominee without Trump's endorsement will go nowhere in the primary.

In the last election, Trump received over 74 million votes. As this thread attests, the Republican Party is in the grips of silent, intelligence challenged, uninformed Trump followers, the vast majority of whom believe in the conspiracy that the election was stolen from Trump.

They know there is no evidence of this conspiracy -- which is one reason today's Republicans are largely silent about their party -- and their entire argument consists of various versions of "we'll see."

In addition, they support the opinion that Trump did not instigate the Jan. 6 insurrection. That opinion defies logic, common sense, and incomprehension of the English language.

Put a different way, against a preponderance of evidence showing clearly there was no significant election fraud and the fact that Trump urged the attack on our government on Jan. 6, today's Republicans' entire belief system is based on "we'll see."

Little wonder as to why they don't talk.

The more intelligent Republicans know there was no significant election fraud, but they profess the "Big Lie" anyway.

Why? Because professing the lie has become an end onto itself. Professing the lie is the accomplishment, not finding proof of non-existent election fraud.

Last edited:
Pelosi's select committee will have 13 House members, eight chosen by her, and she will have the luxury of dragging this out deep into 2022. The final report will most likely come out just in time for the November elections.
NBC reports, "The House voted Wednesday to establish a select committee to investigate the Jan. 6 attack at the U.S. Capitol, the only step needed to formalize the panel's creation.

"The House voted 222 to 190, with two Republicans joining all present Democrats in authorizing the committee.

"Reps. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois and Liz Cheney of Wyoming were the only Republicans to vote in favor of the committee.

"It's not my favored option," Kinzinger told Chicago-based television station Fox 32. "But the point is, we can't keep pretending like Jan. 6 didn't happen. We need full accounting for it and then we can move on."

Kinzinger added that he preferred the bipartisan commission, then he acknowledged that his own party killed the bipartisan option, leaving only the Democratic House version totally controlled by Speaker Pelosi.

NBC continued, "The select committee will have 13 House members, five of whom will be chosen by Pelosi in consultation with Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy. Pelosi will have the authority to select its chair. The committee will also have the power to subpoena witnesses and documents."

McCarthy has remained totally silent on the issue. It's what Republicans do best.

Republicans, of course, will be critical of the House select committee even though they caused its formation.

“These investigations have been done and are ongoing," said Rep. Michelle Fishbach, R-Minn. “It appears that this select committee is being done for purely political purposes."

Fishbach expressed a common theme among Republicans. What she said is a half-truth. There has been no investigation into the causes and the underlying factors of this insurrection.

The conclusions of this report coming sometime late into 2022 will be based on the evidence. The summary will be based on testimony, documents, videos, and other forms of the evidence.

There are only facts. There is no such thing as Democratic facts or Republican facts, only fact facts, and they will become known to the American people just in time for the election, courtesy of Senate Republicans following Trump's lead.

It has been a rough couple of days for Trump and the Republican Party.

The good news -- it will only get worse.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday named members of the select committee that will investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, including Republican Rep. Liz Cheney.

The panel was created in a mostly party-line vote on Wednesday. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., will get to weigh in on the other five representatives on the committee.

Maybe.

McCarthy has a problem. House Republicans do not want to be on the committee. CNN reports, "House Republicans don't want to touch the select committee on January 6 with a 10-foot pole. As Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy mulls whom to tap for a congressional investigation into the deadly US Capitol riot -- and whether to appoint people at all -- Republicans from across the conference are racing to show they have no interest in taking on a politically fraught assignment, particularly lawmakers in difficult reelection races."

That holds true for the ten Republicans who voted to impeach Trump. The former President's role in provoking the insurrection based on his absurd claim that the election was stolen from him is a no-win situation for Republicans.

And Trump himself.

That is only the beginning of Trump's woes and that of Republicans. For the foreseeable future the media will be carrying these horrible stories concerning the fact that the Trump Organization and it 's CFO have been charged with felonies. Donald Trump is the CEO of the Trump Organization, and he pays attention to every dime spent.

NPR reports, "Former President Donald Trump's family business and its longtime chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, have been charged by the Manhattan district attorney's office in a case involving an array of alleged tax-related crimes.

"In an indictment unsealed Thursday, prosecutors allege that starting from as early as 2005 and up until last month, the Trump Organization and Weisselberg have committed tax fraud and falsified business records."

The media showed a handcuffed Weisselberg walking towards the courtroom -- not a good image for Republicans.

The media is filled with stories about the possibility of an indicted Weisselberg turning state's evidence against his boss, the CEO -- not a good image for Trump.

"The political Witch Hunt by the Radical Left Democrats, with New York now taking over the assignment, continues. It is dividing our Country like never before!" Trump said.

For the past eight months, without a shred of substance, Trump has been attacking the very basis of American democracy --free and unfettered elections. The transference of evil is palpable.

The Washington Examiner, an American conservative news website and weekly magazine, reported, "Former President Donald Trump is rejecting pleas from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to postpone a campaign-style rally this weekend some 200 miles from the Miami suburb where an international search-and-rescue mission is excavating bodies from the site of a collapsed seaside condominium.

"DeSantis’s office has "made a direct plea” to the former president’s team, calling on it to postpone the Saturday event in Sarasota. One Florida Republican bluntly said Trump and his team need to “read the room."

For now, the Trump camp is holding firm. “Nobody wants to cancel,” a source close to Trump told the Washington Examiner.

Florida is Trump country. They really like him there. My question is, in terms of this thread and others like it, where are they?

The Washington Examiner, an American conservative news website and weekly magazine, reported, "Former President Donald Trump is rejecting pleas from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to postpone a campaign-style rally this weekend some 200 miles from the Miami suburb where an international search-and-rescue mission is excavating bodies from the site of a collapsed seaside condominium.

"DeSantis’s office has "made a direct plea” to the former president’s team, calling on it to postpone the Saturday event in Sarasota. One Florida Republican bluntly said Trump and his team need to “read the room."

For now, the Trump camp is holding firm. “Nobody wants to cancel,” a source close to Trump told the Washington Examiner.

Florida is Trump country. They really like him there. My question is, in terms of this thread and others like it, where are they?
The Washington Examiner is a neo-Con publication and you are an emotionally disturbed dumbass.
Unless, of course, you are a globalist having sex with a trespasser.

President Joe R. Biden, how refreshing that sounds. What a refreshing day. Our divisive, erratic, foolish, conspiratorial, narcissistic President is gone, replaced by a President who deeply wants to unite us. Barring ill-advised preconceived notions about President Biden, his task should be easy. We are all Americans.

That said, although I voted for Biden for obvious reasons, not unlike 81 million Americans who did the same, I am a conservative Independent. That's official. In CA, we have to declare our political posture. Until I was driven out by Trump, for over a quarter of a century I was a declared Republican. I voted for Biden, but I have some reservations concerning him, mostly having to do with taxation and spending.

I said all that because I want to be honest with readers. I want them to know where I am coming from.

Whether or not Biden will be a good President is obviously an open question, but I think he is a good man. He will do his best to unite us and adopt policies that benefit all Americans, while removing those policies that do us harm. He wants the United States to rejoin the community of nations, and the days of isolation and making unitary decisions that involve other nations, in particular our traditional allies, are over.

The European Union's top politician, Ursula von der Leyen, said it best. "After four long years, Europe has a friend in the White House."

For the first time in four years, there is optimism in America created by a popular President. 59% of Americans approve of Biden.

On day one, Trump's approval rating was 40%, and, although it went lower than that, it never got much higher. Thus the reason for American optimism.
Report cards are for fucking kids in school.

Is that what your president is to you?

Just to set the record straight, in my state we have to declare our political persuasion. For 25 years I was a registered Republican and voted a straight Republican ticket. I voted for Reagan twice and both Bushes. I detested Clinton. Geez, I even voted for Bob Dole, knowing he would be defeated by a landslide. He was.

However, Trump is bad for the Republican Party. Republicans lost the House, Senate, and the Presidency on his watch. Since he lost the election he has proven untrustworthy by attacking the American election system and instigating an insurrection against our government. Trump has supporters like these:

A report card on the Biden administration​

F-
Sandy claims to be a "Conservative independent", but who's he fooling? He's a far Left Communist Democrat, period! He and other far Left Progressive scumbags would love nothing more than to establish permanent One Party Democrat rule!
Too dumb to deal with the issues, attacking the writer instead.

Trump was a horrible President. Although early for a proper assessment, he is considered the worst in our history. This seems logical based on his supporters, two of them shown here.

I could not in good conscience remain a Republican while disagreeing strongly with the leader of the Republican Party.

In 2020 I officially changed my status to Independent.

For those who mistakenly accuse me of being a liberal or worse, please note I never espouse liberal beliefs.

If you read post 538 you will learn how I feel about progressives.

Last edited:
Just to set the record straight, in my state we have to declare our political persuasion. For 25 years I was a registered Republican and voted a straight Republican ticket. I voted for Reagan twice and both Bushes. I detested Clinton. Geez, I even voted for Bob Dole, knowing he would be defeated by a landslide. He was.

However, Trump is bad for the Republican Party. Republicans lost the House, Senate, and the Presidency on his watch. Since he lost the election he has proven untrustworthy by attacking the American election system and instigating an insurrection against our government. Trump has supporters like these:

A report card on the Biden administration​

F-
Sandy claims to be a "Conservative independent", but who's he fooling? He's a far Left Communist Democrat, period! He and other far Left Progressive scumbags would love nothing more than to establish permanent One Party Democrat rule!
Too dumb to deal with the issues, attacking the writer instead.

Trump was a horrible President. Although early for a proper assessment, he is considered the worst in our history. This seems logical based on his supporters, two of them shown here.

I could not in good conscience remain a Republican while disagreeing strongly with the leader of the Republican Party.

In 2020 I officially changed my status to Independent.

For those who mistakenly accuse me of being a liberal or worse, please note I never espouse liberal beliefs.

If you read post 538 you will learn how I feel about progressives.
Thanks for admitting you're a neo-Con; no wonder you hate Trump.

That is a common excuse for those who follow Trump.

My leaving the Republican Party had nothing to do with hate. It had to do with Trump's performance as President.

This is borne by the fact that, while President, his party lost the House, Senate, and the Presidency within two years.

I'm a neocon? Where did that come from? Was it anything I said? If so, what?

Haven't you noticed? You are unable to defend Trump. Instead, you label the writer.

Isn't it about time you realize you are backing a proven loser?

That is a common excuse for those who follow Trump.

My leaving the Republican Party had nothing to do with hate. It had to do with Trump's performance as President.

This is borne by the fact that, while President, his party lost the House, Senate, and the Presidency within two years.

I'm a neocon? Where did that come from? Was it anything I said? If so, what?

Haven't you noticed? You are unable to defend Trump. Instead, you label the writer.

Isn't it about time you realize you are backing a proven loser?
You hated Trump before he won, liar.

USA Today reports, "American military troops have left Bagram Airfield and handed the base over to Afghan security forces, effectively ending the U.S. combat role after nearly 20 years of war.

"Pentagon press secretary John Kirby confirmed the handover on Friday and said the U.S. troops remaining in Afghanistan will focus on protecting American diplomats, securing the international airport in Kabul, advising Afghan forces and supporting counter-terrorism efforts.

"At the White House, spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the full U.S. withdrawal will not be complete until the end of August, though a senior U.S. official has said it will be largely done by July 4. As many as 650 U.S. troops will stay in Afghanistan indefinitely to protect the U.S. embassy in Kabul.

"NATO agreed to withdraw its roughly 7,000 forces from Afghanistan in April, after President Joe Biden’s announced his decision to pull all American troops from the country by Sept. 11 – the 20-year anniversary of the terrorist attacks that triggered America's longest war. Most European troops have pulled out of Afghanistan in recent days, quietly withdrawing months before the U.S.-led mission officially ended.

Biden's national security advisers have emphasized that U.S. will continue to support Afghanistan with humanitarian and economic assistance.

"We're going to stick with you," Biden said in a June 25 meeting with Afghanistan's President Ashraf Ghani and other officials.

The commander of the U.S.-led mission in Afghanistan, Gen. Austin Miller, recently offered a stark public assessment of Afghanistan's future.

“Civil war is certainly a path that can be visualized if it continues on the trajectory it’s on,” Miller told reporters during a June 29 news conference in Afghanistan. “That should be a concern for the world.”

The tradition continues. Afghanistan -- the graveyard of empires.

“Civil war is certainly a path that can be visualized if it continues on the trajectory it’s on,” Miller told reporters during a June 29 news conference in Afghanistan. “That should be a concern for the world.”
President Biden wanted to stress happy thoughts.

The White House press corps had other things in mind -- like Afghanistan.

“I want to talk about happy things, man,” Biden told reporters at an event ostensibly organized to celebrate Friday's buoyant monthly jobs report. “Look, it’s Fourth of July. I'm concerned that you're asking me questions that I will answer next week, but it's the holiday weekend. I'm going to celebrate it. There’s great things happening.”

At one point Biden said he’d answer journalists’ "negative questions" at a later point. He caught himself immediately and amended his characterization to “your legitimate questions.”

20 years of failure and the difficult problems associated with the 20,000 Afghans who helped the American military are a tough pill to swallow for our President.

"It does not depend on us. It is the responsibility of the Afghans to take care of their own security. We are leaving. We are leaving, period," Vice-president Joe Biden, 2012.

Afghans live in a different world. 20 years of frustration makes that fact self-evident. 20 years of American persuasion didn't change a thing.

USA Today reports, "American military troops have left Bagram Airfield and handed the base over to Afghan security forces, effectively ending the U.S. combat role after nearly 20 years of war.

"Pentagon press secretary John Kirby confirmed the handover on Friday and said the U.S. troops remaining in Afghanistan will focus on protecting American diplomats, securing the international airport in Kabul, advising Afghan forces and supporting counter-terrorism efforts.

"At the White House, spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the full U.S. withdrawal will not be complete until the end of August, though a senior U.S. official has said it will be largely done by July 4. As many as 650 U.S. troops will stay in Afghanistan indefinitely to protect the U.S. embassy in Kabul.

"NATO agreed to withdraw its roughly 7,000 forces from Afghanistan in April, after President Joe Biden’s announced his decision to pull all American troops from the country by Sept. 11 – the 20-year anniversary of the terrorist attacks that triggered America's longest war. Most European troops have pulled out of Afghanistan in recent days, quietly withdrawing months before the U.S.-led mission officially ended.

Biden's national security advisers have emphasized that U.S. will continue to support Afghanistan with humanitarian and economic assistance.

"We're going to stick with you," Biden said in a June 25 meeting with Afghanistan's President Ashraf Ghani and other officials.

The commander of the U.S.-led mission in Afghanistan, Gen. Austin Miller, recently offered a stark public assessment of Afghanistan's future.

I'm so happy that yet another Arab country is too in competent to maintain it's own existence without being supplied with US money to buy food.

Are we withdrawing from the embassy, too?

CNN reports, "US officials are actively updating emergency evacuation plans for the US embassy in Kabul, as concerns grow about the potential for escalating violence in the country while US troops near a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan, according to a US official.

"In addition to bolstering the physical embassy security with US marines and contractors on the ground, there are now assets and troops in the region -- including at the airport in Kabul and in nearby countries like Qatar -- that are ready to assist if there is a need for an evacuation, the sources said."

The Wall Street Journal first reported on the stepped up evacuation planning.

Yes, the State Department is talking about planning. However, it is significant that this report is being released to the media. Why tell us about the possible evacuation of our embassy in Kabul?

Preparing the American public as well as others?

Turkey is awaiting a decision from the U.S. and NATO to take control of Afghanistan's airport in its capital Kabul.

Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar said Friday negotiations were taking place with the U.S. over the country's proposal to secure Kabul's Hamid Karzai International Airport following the total departure of U.S. troops and NATO forces from Afghanistan, according to the Associated Press.

Trump can sure pick 'em.

Former President Donald Trump is holding a campaign-style Fourth of July rally – his second political rally following his departure from the White House – in Sarasota, Florida, across the state from emergency crews still searching for survivors in the wake of a building collapse north of Miami.

Governor Ron DeSantis – a staunch Trump ally – is not attending the rally, and aides have allegedly asked the former president to postpone the event as the tragedy unfolds. At least 24 people are dead and crews are searching for at at least 121 people at the site of the Champlain Towers South condominium in Surfside.

Tropical Storm Elsa is bearing down on Florida and will make landfall in a day or two.

On Wednesday the House approved a select committee to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection in which Trump played a part.

On Thursday Speaker Pelosi announced her eight picks for the committee. One of the eight is a Republican. Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has not made up his mind yet as to what he is going to do.

Also on Thursday the Trump Organization, Trump being the CEO, and it 's CFO were charged with felonies. The longtime CFO, Allen Weisselberg, evaded paying taxes on nearly two million dollars for 15 years. The sweeping 25-page document charged the defendants with 15 felonies including scheme to defraud, conspiracy, grand larceny, tax fraud, and falsifying business records.

Obviously, the case includes some potentially dangerous legal implications for the former President.

In this environment Trump holds a political rally. Thousands of his admirers will be in attendance.

Go figure!

The Biden administration has officially missed its target of getting 70% of all adults at least one shot of a COVID-19 vaccine.

The lead White House COVID-19 response coordinator acknowledged Sunday that younger Americans feel less vulnerable to COVID-19, making them less likely to get vaccinated.

"Younger people, particularly those in their 20s, have felt less vulnerable to the disease and, therefore, less eager to get shots," Jeff Zients told ABC "This Week" Co-anchor Martha Raddatz.

The Republican governor of West Virginia agrees. He, too, conveniently blames younger Americans.

"At the end of the day, the young people -- we're having a hard time getting them across the finish line and getting them vaccinated," West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice said,

Both Justice and Zients are overlooking the elephant in the room, a rather obvious fact.

Take a close look at this image. The states with the lightest color depict under-performing states.

1625443234192.png

Please note: Every one of the under-performing states are run by Republicans, every single one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back