A Radical Right-Wing Dream To Rewrite The Constitution Is Close To Coming True

And the Democrats are shaking as with the palsy.

I think if [Republicans] win the midterm elections, if they take the House and Senate, they will try to call an Article V convention immediately,” said David Super, a Georgetown University law professor who has closely followed the movement for a new convention. “It’s not a foregone conclusion that the simple Republican majority would get there, but if they get big majorities, I think they’ll try.”

I'm not sure even I favor a constitutional convention at this time, with our current crop of elected civil servants. But still, it would be nice to have the option on the table.

There isn't a single person or group today, left or right, that I would trust to have the foresight, intelligence, integrity or education to mess with the Constitution - which has stood strong for more than two centuries now.

What idiots.

I fully agree

So, why are you all trying to mess with it?

Who is "you all" and what are "you all" trying to do....pass amendments? Constitutional Convention?

I think if [Republicans] win the midterm elections, if they take the House and Senate, they will try to call an Article V convention immediately,” said David Super, a Georgetown University law professor who has closely followed the movement for a new convention. “It’s not a foregone conclusion that the simple Republican majority would get there, but if they get big majorities, I think they’ll try.”

I'm not sure even I favor a constitutional convention at this time, with our current crop of elected civil servants. But still, it would be nice to have the option on the table.

Unless the Republican civil war can be solved, winning the House and Senate next year is just a pipe dream and that concerns real Republicans like MD Gov. Hogan.

It's amusing the way Democrats pick out the "real Republicans".

Interestingly, it's always the ones who agree with them.

What amuses me is that they think anyone cares about their judgements of "real Republicans". They've been applauded for breathing and given participation trophies and encouraged to have and scream opinions about everything by the left for so long, they literally cannot fathom the notion that what they think actually doesn't matter.

You should be shaking with palsy.

There isn't a single person or group today, left or right, that I would trust to have the foresight, intelligence, integrity or education to mess with the Constitution - which has stood strong for more than two centuries now.

What idiots.

Coming from someone who eagerly runs out to make excuses for every reinterpretation of or end run around the Constitution that the Democrats order you to approve of, this post is absolutely hilarious.

It's possible that you believe you're magically concerned about the inviolable brilliance of the Founding Fathers, which should never, EVER be changed by lesser mortals - developed in the last five minutes by complete coincidence - but do you actually expect anyone else here to believe that this isn't just a cynical "Republicans should never get to exercise any political power whatsoever, they should just have to live with what my masters want!" rant?

Even your fellow shills know that you're an empty shill, so spare us the speechifying.

The GOP are a bunch of spooked horses. They wouldn't swat a mosquito sucking blood out of their arm if given the opportunity. It might make them angry.

Doesn't seem to have stopped them from ideological overreach for a long time now.

Sure it has. What it hasn't stopped is you bullshitting about their "ideological overreach" on the basis that you don't think they should be allowed to ever disagree with your beloved masters. We all know you consider Republicans to have "ideologically overreached" simply because they're breathing.

The GOP are a bunch of spooked horses. They wouldn't swat a mosquito sucking blood out of their arm if given the opportunity. It might make them angry.

Doesn't seem to have stopped them from ideological overreach for a long time now.

Sure it has. What it hasn't stopped is you bullshitting about their "ideological overreach" on the basis that you don't think they should be allowed to ever disagree with your beloved masters. We all know you consider Republicans to have "ideologically overreached" simply because they're breathing.
We all know when it comes to you and Republicans there is no such thing as overreach, corruption, abuse of power or any of the normal ethical constraints we used to hold in common. No reach is too far.

We'll add a new amendment...any member of congress or the executive branch caught lying to the people gets 10 years in Federal prison.

What idiots.

Coming from someone who eagerly runs out to make excuses for every reinterpretation of or end run around the Constitution that the Democrats order you to approve of, this post is absolutely hilarious.

It's possible that you believe you're magically concerned about the inviolable brilliance of the Founding Fathers, which should never, EVER be changed by lesser mortals - developed in the last five minutes by complete coincidence - but do you actually expect anyone else here to believe that this isn't just a cynical "Republicans should never get to exercise any political power whatsoever, they should just have to live with what my masters want!" rant?

Even your fellow shills know that you're an empty shill, so spare us the speechifying.
Tissue?

Glad you think so highly of yourself but USMB does not give out participatiin trophies.

Looking at Republicans and Democrats today, they shouldnt be allowed near the Constitution. I can see the slavoring Republican Trumpsters clutching their crayola crowns and drooling for a chance to impose their ideological crap.

So, what would they do?

remove Militia from the Second?

add cyberspace to the First?

Get rid of the Third?

Modify of a couple of others?

Wow, I can see you've given this a lot of thought, and spent a lot of time listening to people on the right on this subject. :rolleyes:

What actually got drawn up at such a convention would depend entirely on who the delegates were, but there would probably be discussions about term limits for Congressmembers, balanced federal budget requirements, and voter ID requirements. Some other suggestions from proponents of a Convention of the States have included some form of flat tax, cuts to or elimination of federal welfare spending, and addressing judicial activism.

In other words, a rightwing wet dream.

Sorry, are we supposed to feel ashamed or defensive for wanting the things we believe are best for the country, because the likes of you doesn't agree? I think you should know by now how little your disapproval means to me.

You're damned right it's a list of things conservatives most want, and I'm proud to support it wholeheartedly. Your anger that we would dare to exercise legitimate political power in opposition to your agenda just makes it that much better.

So, what would they do?

Get rid of the Third?

Wow, I can see you've given this a lot of thought, and spent a lot of time listening to people on the right on this subject. :rolleyes:

What actually got drawn up at such a convention would depend entirely on who the delegates were, but there would probably be discussions about term limits for Congressmembers, balanced federal budget requirements, and voter ID requirements. Some other suggestions from proponents of a Convention of the States have included some form of flat tax, cuts to or elimination of federal welfare spending, and addressing judicial activism.

Sorry, are we supposed to feel ashamed or defensive for wanting the things we believe are best for the country, because the likes of you doesn't agree? I think you should know by now how little your disapproval means to me.

You're damned right it's a list of things conservatives most want, and I'm proud to support it wholeheartedly. Your anger that we would dare to exercise legitimate political power in opposition to your agenda just makes it that much better.

"expand...Sorry, are we supposed to feel ashamed or defensive for wanting the things we believe are best for the country, because the likes of you doesn't agree"

What a strange reply since that is exactly what we want...yet you label us with slurs, accuse of being unAmerican, and try to shame us into silence.

Your glass is irreparably shattered, but I can give you some Gorilla Glue and duct tape if you want to have a go at it. :)

What a strange reply since that is exactly what we want...yet you label us with slurs, accuse of being unAmerican, and try to shame us into silence.

That is classic self-projection. I'm not saying that to insult you, I'm saying that because you support a party that does that exact same thing.

We call it 'cancel culture.' I would implore you not to insult my intelligence by denying it exists or that your party doesn't engage in it.

A Constitutional Convention would be a disaster. ALL of the Bill of Rights would be eliminated.

What idiots.

Tissue?

Glad you think so highly of yourself but USMB does not give out participatiin trophies.

Looking at Republicans and Democrats today, they shouldnt be allowed near the Constitution. I can see the slavoring Republican Trumpsters clutching their crayola crowns and drooling for a chance to impose their ideological crap.

Psych meds?

It's probably a good thing for leftists like you that you can delude yourself that contempt is actually a sign that people are heartbroken over your disagreement with them. God knows, it's the only chance you'll ever have to feel like you matter.

I stand by my statement that your sudden urgent desire to preserve the Constitution completely untouched and unaltered, in light of your steadfast approval and excusing of left-wing attacks on it, is as hilarious as it is dishonest.

A Constitutional Convention would be a disaster. ALL of the Bill of Rights would be eliminated.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to show your work on that conclusive leap.

We all know when it comes to you and Republicans there is no such thing as overreach, corruption, abuse of power or any of the normal ethical constraints we used to hold in common. No reach is too far.

No, that's just what you tell yourself to justify being a venal hypocrite.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to show your work on that conclusive leap.

I am hoping it was sarcasm.

So, what would they do?

Get rid of the Third?

"expand...Sorry, are we supposed to feel ashamed or defensive for wanting the things we believe are best for the country, because the likes of you doesn't agree"

Your glass is irreparably shattered, but I can give you some Gorilla Glue and duct tape if you want to have a go at it. :)

I don't try to shame you into silence. I try to shame you into morality. Admittedly, it's like sowing seeds in a gravel pit, but that's your fault, not mine. But I never try to silence leftists; to the contrary, I encourage you to reveal what you are as much as possible.

And you're damned right I label you with slurs and accuse you of being unAmerican. That's half because your methods frequently trample on the rule of law, not to mention common decency, and half because your goals are execrable, and trample on common decency, as well. I'm perfectly happy to stand by every description I've ever made of you as verifiable fact.

I will worry about my "glass being shattered" when it's judged that way by someone whose opinion actually matters.

Last edited:
Do y'all think you could break the chain, so I stop getting alerts?

Because the only reason for a CC is to rewrite the COTUS. Take a look at recent history, ALL politicians, with RARE exception has been leftist. Do you honestly think that the CC is going to be limited to conservatives?

Don't kid yourself.

Forum List

Back