A Radical Right-Wing Dream To Rewrite The Constitution Is Close To Coming True

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
And the Democrats are shaking as with the palsy.

I think if [Republicans] win the midterm elections, if they take the House and Senate, they will try to call an Article V convention immediately,” said David Super, a Georgetown University law professor who has closely followed the movement for a new convention. “It’s not a foregone conclusion that the simple Republican majority would get there, but if they get big majorities, I think they’ll try.”

I'm not sure even I favor a constitutional convention at this time, with our current crop of elected civil servants. But still, it would be nice to have the option on the table.

I think if [Republicans] win the midterm elections, if they take the House and Senate, they will try to call an Article V convention immediately,” said David Super, a Georgetown University law professor who has closely followed the movement for a new convention.

Uh-huh...... sure they will......

I think if [Republicans] win the midterm elections, if they take the House and Senate, they will try to call an Article V convention immediately,” said David Super, a Georgetown University law professor who has closely followed the movement for a new convention.

Uh-huh...... sure they will......

Eh. Democrats seem to think so. Perhaps that will be enough.

So, what would they do?

remove Militia from the Second?

add cyberspace to the First?

Get rid of the Third?

Modify of a couple of others?

I think if [Republicans] win the midterm elections, if they take the House and Senate, they will try to call an Article V convention immediately,” said David Super, a Georgetown University law professor who has closely followed the movement for a new convention. “It’s not a foregone conclusion that the simple Republican majority would get there, but if they get big majorities, I think they’ll try.”

I'm not sure even I favor a constitutional convention at this time, with our current crop of elected civil servants. But still, it would be nice to have the option on the table.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.[3]
Any amendment has to be approved by 3/4 of the states, so there's little chance that Washington can impose a bunch of Stalinist crap on us.

The author of the article is just fear-mongering

The problem is that the Article V Convention of States leadership does not know how to organize the convention; and neither does the Republican Congress.

The founders, the composers of Article V., realized that the organization of a "convention of states" would be the successor federal government.

If you can organize the states to convene representatives of the states to compile amendments to the constitution - what do you have???

He writes all this shit and forgets to tell you that it has to then be ratified by a district-wide referendum! He makes it sound like anything the convention does becomes law by some automatic
Riestenberg fears another potential outcome of that scenario: a compromise amendment ostensibly meant to walk the country back from the sort of crisis the convention could potentially create. To stave off disaster, the convention delegates might agree to bar corporate election funding but also force the government to balance its budget each year. Comity, at the price of crippling the federal government’s most basic functions.
It's just a fear-mongering article that the author wrote because he cannot organize a convention.

Last edited:
So, what would they do?

Get rid of the Third?

Wow, I can see you've given this a lot of thought, and spent a lot of time listening to people on the right on this subject. :rolleyes:

What actually got drawn up at such a convention would depend entirely on who the delegates were, but there would probably be discussions about term limits for Congressmembers, balanced federal budget requirements, and voter ID requirements. Some other suggestions from proponents of a Convention of the States have included some form of flat tax, cuts to or elimination of federal welfare spending, and addressing judicial activism.

After democrats used fake documents and bogus "evidence" to impeach Trump...twice, the left has the gall to imagine a legitimate investigation into the current mental state is an example of "rewriting the Constitution". No wonder the fools are trying to stack the Court with idiots like themselves.

So, what would they do?

Get rid of the Third?

Wow, I can see you've given this a lot of thought, and spent a lot of time listening to people on the right on this subject. :rolleyes:

What actually got drawn up at such a convention would depend entirely on who the delegates were, but there would probably be discussions about term limits for Congressmembers, balanced federal budget requirements, and voter ID requirements. Some other suggestions from proponents of a Convention of the States have included some form of flat tax, cuts to or elimination of federal welfare spending, and addressing judicial activism.

You seriously believe that they wouldn't try to rewrite existing Amendments, in an attempt to bring them into the 20th, possibly 21st, centuries, and to fit political agendas?

Unless the Republican civil war can be solved, winning the House and Senate next year is just a pipe dream and that concerns real Republicans like MD Gov. Hogan.

HuffPo ....

LMAO at the gullible shit you Leftist are easily dupped into believing.

Leftists believe that re-writing the Constitution would be vulgar. Easier to just anoint Leftist judges who will interpret it to death, like they have always done.

Unless the Republican civil war can be solved, winning the House and Senate next year is just a pipe dream and that concerns real Republicans like MD Gov. Hogan.

More asinine delusions.

Elections ALWAYS come down to what's hot in the news in the couple months preceeding an election. ALWAYS. Also most of the time voters seem to get a tinge of regret and elect the opposition party to oppose the latest morons they voted for in the previous election.

Claiming one party or the other is on the verge of collapsing or is collapsing is the only pipe dream. And it's the pipe dream of COMPLETE FUCKING RETARDS who can't see past their own ridiculous bubble.

More asinine delusions.

Elections ALWAYS come down to what's hot in the news in the couple months preceeding an election. ALWAYS. Also most of the time voters seem to get a tinge of regret and elect the opposition party to oppose the latest morons they voted for in the previous election.

Claiming one party or the other is on the verge of collapsing or is collapsing is the only pipe dream. And it's the pipe dream of COMPLETE FUCKING RETARDS who can't see past their own ridiculous bubble.

Exactly. Democrats built supermajorities in both chambers of Congress as well as the presidency in the 60s. The Republicans lost 50 seats in the House and 11 in the Senate in the '58 election resulting in Democrat supermajorities, and appeared to be on the verge of collapse. The pendulum always swings back the other way eventually.

So, what would they do?

Get rid of the Third?

You seriously believe that they wouldn't try to rewrite existing Amendments, in an attempt to bring them into the 20th, possibly 21st, centuries, and to fit political agendas?

I seriously believe that the right wing doesn't have a problem with the Bill of Rights; they have a problem with the way the left deliberately misinterprets them, but that doesn't require playing their game and monkeying with the wording.

I also seriously believe that I've read the websites and mission statements for the biggest groups pushing for a Convention of States, and my post came directly from their own words. So unless you have similar proof that your post has anything to do with their goals other than being your personal biased opinion projected onto them, please don't waste my time with it.

Forum List

Back