Do YOU support an ideology or specific individuals?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
We all love to lump politicians of their respective stripes in one basket or another regardless of their personal viewpoints just based on the party they belong to.
Is this all that matters at this point? Are blue dog Democrats extinct? Are real conservatives extinct? Is party or hatred of party all that matters now?
Can you name a single person from the party that you loathe as a respectable person? How bout a person from the party you mostly identify with as a terrible person?
Obviously many here love to play in the middle of the street and pretend that they are die hard rebels but deep down one side or the other mostly aligns with you regardless of your ability to admit it. So name a few from the side you despise as respectable and a few from the other side you think should be run out of town.

For me.
Democrats I respect despite mostly disagreeing with.
Joe Manchin
Tulsi Gabbord
Krystal Ball

Republicans I can't stand.
Hannity
GWBush (yes I voted for him)
Colin Powel
John Roberts (I assume he's gop)
Bill Crystal

Talking about politicians is the lowest form of political discourse. Amazed at the people who profess to be interested in politics that cannot manage the simplest policy discussion.

I will support any politician who has proven they will respect and follow the Constitution as an originalist. That leaves me with VERY few prospects but I've had enough of the DC shuffle. In reality, I believe our nation has already fallen to a globalist coup, and short of armed revolution, there will be no recovery of freedom. The only real choice left is to decide when and where to stand.

Democrats I cannot stand:
“The squad”
Bernie Sanders
Elizabeth Warren

Republicans I respect:
Adam Kinzinger
Ben Sasse
Larry Hogan
Joe Walsh

It's party or nothing. I think the better description from my POV is both parties represent the elite squad.

I like Tulsi Gabbard's stances on the military and much of her foreign policy. I don't think that her positions in other areas are as fully developed. I hate the Democratic Party.

I have spent most of my life hating the Republican Party. I like Paul Rand, Lindsey Graham.

I support the Republic, and all upon which it is based. I support those who remain true to that.

"America first" is the common denominator.

It was so long before Trump came along. He simply articulated it for a change.

I am a libertarian. I am not overly fond of democrats today because they have turned batshit crazy. There are a few republicans I like but I am not overly impressed with the party.

I liked Trump better than most of the other presidents in my lifetime. Perhaps that is because some claim he is a libertarian.

We all love to lump politicians of their respective stripes in one basket or another regardless of their personal viewpoints just based on the party they belong to.
Is this all that matters at this point? Are blue dog Democrats extinct? Are real conservatives extinct? Is party or hatred of party all that matters now?
Can you name a single person from the party that you loathe as a respectable person? How bout a person from the party you mostly identify with as a terrible person?
Obviously many here love to play in the middle of the street and pretend that they are die hard rebels but deep down one side or the other mostly aligns with you regardless of your ability to admit it. So name a few from the side you despise as respectable and a few from the other side you think should be run out of town.

For me.
Joe Manchin
Tulsi Gabbord
Krystal Ball

Hannity
Colin Powel
Bill Crystal
I'm a liberal, and a Democrat. A fairly moderate one everywhere but here.

I adhere to and vote for those people who are closest to My personal value and belief system.

No one individual will perfectly match My beliefs so I try to find those who are close.

I would never vote for a Progressive/Nazi or Liberal.

If you don't love this country, get the fuck out.

For me.
Joe Manchin
Tulsi Gabbord
Krystal Ball

Hannity
Colin Powel
Bill Crystal
I'm a liberal, and a Democrat. A fairly moderate one

That ship has long sailed. There are no "moderate Democrats". The very nature of the Party line precludes that.

What you have at best is the rare Democrat who suddenly gets smacked in the face by common sense, then butchered by his own party for expressing it.

Talking about politicians is the lowest form of political discourse. Amazed at the people who profess to be interested in politics that cannot manage the simplest policy discussion.
Ground control to Major Tom.....the topic is ------> way.

Try again
Might as well be talking about your favorite pro wrasslers for all the thought it involves.

So what is the ideological foundation of respect?

Not many to like, tend to dislike the pot stirrers, loud screamers. Not voting for the best person for the job, and just voting for everything that is promoted by party of choice is done in anger or just lazy. Did it once, knew it was wrong.

For me.
Joe Manchin
Tulsi Gabbord
Krystal Ball

Hannity
Colin Powel
Bill Crystal
3. I support Individual Ideas and Individual People on a case-by-case basis

I support my family. Over everything else except for god. Everything else is inconsequential. Not my concern.

Ground control to Major Tom.....the topic is ------> way.

Try again
Might as well be talking about your favorite pro wrasslers for all the thought it involves.
Well, so much for a related "intellectual" discourse.

Forum List

Back