A Radical Right-Wing Dream To Rewrite The Constitution Is Close To Coming True

And the Democrats are shaking as with the palsy.

I think if [Republicans] win the midterm elections, if they take the House and Senate, they will try to call an Article V convention immediately,” said David Super, a Georgetown University law professor who has closely followed the movement for a new convention. “It’s not a foregone conclusion that the simple Republican majority would get there, but if they get big majorities, I think they’ll try.”

I'm not sure even I favor a constitutional convention at this time, with our current crop of elected civil servants. But still, it would be nice to have the option on the table.

A Constitutional Convention would be a disaster. ALL of the Bill of Rights would be eliminated.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to show your work on that conclusive leap.

I am hoping it was sarcasm.

No idea, but if it wasn't, I'm willing to hear an explanation of his concerns.

I think if [Republicans] win the midterm elections, if they take the House and Senate, they will try to call an Article V convention immediately,” said David Super, a Georgetown University law professor who has closely followed the movement for a new convention. “It’s not a foregone conclusion that the simple Republican majority would get there, but if they get big majorities, I think they’ll try.”

I'm not sure even I favor a constitutional convention at this time, with our current crop of elected civil servants. But still, it would be nice to have the option on the table.

A Constitutional Convention would be a disaster. ALL of the Bill of Rights would be eliminated.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to show your work on that conclusive leap.

Because the only reason for a CC is to rewrite the COTUS. Take a look at recent history, ALL politicians, with RARE exception has been leftist. Do you honestly think that the CC is going to be limited to conservatives?

Don't kid yourself.

Ah, I see where the disconnect is happening.

No one is suggesting a Constitutional Convention. A Convention of the States is different. It's not designed to completely rewrite the Constitution, nor is it even able to do so.

What we are suggesting is a convention to address specific legislative and amendment concerns that the elected officials refuse to address for their own personal and political agendas. The states that join the call for a Convention of the States also sign off on specific topics to be addressed, and any amendment proposals that are written up still have to be approved by the states. I think a complete and radical rewriting of the Constitution has no chance of ratification.

Because the only reason for a CC is to rewrite the COTUS. Take a look at recent history, ALL politicians, with RARE exception has been leftist. Do you honestly think that the CC is going to be limited to conservatives?

Don't kid yourself.

No one is suggesting a Constitutional Convention. A Convention of the States is different. It's not designed to completely rewrite the Constitution, nor is it even able to do so.

What we are suggesting is a convention to address specific legislative and amendment concerns that the elected officials refuse to address for their own personal and political agendas. The states that join the call for a Convention of the States also sign off on specific topics to be addressed, and any amendment proposals that are written up still have to be approved by the states. I think a complete and radical rewriting of the Constitution has no chance of ratification.

And yet, it has a chance. That's the problem. What one group thinks will happen, is never what the outcome actually is. That's what I am trying to get people to understand. The COTUS, as written, is fine. It needs to rewrite. What MUST be done is to force politicians and bureaucrats to FOLLOW it, as they are supposed to do. More and more I am saddened to believe that only violence is going to accomplish that goal. The corrupt elites are too embedded in the system, and are too confident of their power, look how they stole the election, to ever be brought back to reality.

As Mao said, "power comes from the barrel of a gun" the Dems have shown repeatedly now, that they will use the power of the gun on their political enemies. It's a very short step for them to turn that power on to the rest of us.

Don't kid yourself.

And yet, it has a chance. That's the problem. What one group thinks will happen, is never what the outcome actually is. That's what I am trying to get people to understand. The COTUS, as written, is fine. It needs to rewrite. What MUST be done is to force politicians and bureaucrats to FOLLOW it, as they are supposed to do. More and more I am saddened to believe that only violence is going to accomplish that goal. The corrupt elites are too embedded in the system, and are too confident of their power, look how they stole the election, to ever be brought back to reality.

As Mao said, "power comes from the barrel of a gun" the Dems have shown repeatedly now, that they will use the power of the gun on their political enemies. It's a very short step for them to turn that power on to the rest of us.

No, it doesn't have a chance. No one is going to completely rewrite the Constitution, and shivering in our booties, saying, "We can't possibly try to change things for the better, because it might go wrong" is arrant cowardice. I'm not even going to address seriously the idea of, "Proposing amendments is a bad and dangerous idea, so the only solution is violence."

Don't kid yourself.

No, it doesn't have a chance. No one is going to completely rewrite the Constitution, and shivering in our booties, saying, "We can't possibly try to change things for the better, because it might go wrong" is arrant cowardice. I'm not even going to address seriously the idea of, "Proposing amendments is a bad and dangerous idea, so the only solution is violence."

Be careful what you wish for is what I am saying. As we have seen with supposed conservative Supreme Court Justice after Supreme Court Justice, they never truly are.

Don't kid yourself.

Be careful what you wish for is what I am saying. As we have seen with supposed conservative Supreme Court Justice after Supreme Court Justice, they never truly are.

One always has to be careful what one wishes for. But wishing without doing anything is a waste of energy.

New Topics

Forum List

Back