A Question To Conservatives Who Believe In A Ban On Abortions

I stand with you against that,,

now back to the topic at hand,,
did they force you to get prego??
This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Government isn’t ‘forcing’ anyone to be vaccinated.

The topic is government violating a woman’s right to privacy by interfering with her decision whether to have a child or not, forcing a woman to have a child against her will.

Women who don’t wish to be pregnant will seek an abortion when a given birth control method fails.

Doesn’t mean it can’t be both. If it isn’t part of my body then you should have no problem with my removing it so it can reside elsewhere.
if it doent kill it you are free to do as you please,,

until then you created it so its on you to protect it,,

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Government isn’t ‘forcing’ anyone to be vaccinated.

The topic is government violating a woman’s right to privacy by interfering with her decision whether to have a child or not, forcing a woman to have a child against her will.

Women who don’t wish to be pregnant will seek an abortion when a given birth control method fails.
if she need an abortion the decision has already been made by her to have a child since she is already prego,,

and the government sure is trying hard to force vaccines on people and if they could force it they would,,

so once again your premise is a lie,,

I'm not a conservative,,

but what about the individual rights of the baby being killed??
Justice Stevens addressed that question in Casey:

‘…an abortion is not "the termination of life entitled to Fourteenth Amendment protection." Id., at 159. From this holding, there was no dissent, see id., at 173; indeed, no member of the Court has ever questioned this fundamental proposition. Thus, as a matter of federal constitutional law, a developing organism that is not yet a "person" does not have what is sometimes described as a "right to life." [n.2] This has been and, by the Court's holding today, remains a fundamental premise of our constitutional law governing reproductive autonomy.’

No one said it was. Point is, what is inside my body is a part of my body and unless you think women shouldn’t have the same rights and protections you enjoy, the decisions are between me and my doctor.
Correct.

A woman’s protected liberties are paramount, immune from attack by the state:

“It is an inescapable biological fact that state regulation with respect to the child a woman is carrying will have a far greater impact on the mother's liberty than on the father's. The effect of state regulation on a woman's protected liberty is doubly deserving of scrutiny in such a case, as the State has touched not only upon the private sphere of the family but upon the very bodily integrity of the pregnant woman.” Casey, supra

progressive hunter (if he didn't put me on ignore.

As far as a tax deduction for a fetus, I was serious.
If you want to use the word murder which is a real tragedy for a sentient human victim, and apply it to a group of cells, then that same legal elevation to personhood should legally apply to a fetus as a tax deduction.

It is similar to the Supreme Court decision that a corporation is a person in the case of Citizens United.

If abortion becomes a legal matter, it should be applied consistently.

Correct.

A woman’s protected liberties are paramount, immune from attack by the state:

“It is an inescapable biological fact that state regulation with respect to the child a woman is carrying will have a far greater impact on the mother's liberty than on the father's. The effect of state regulation on a woman's protected liberty is doubly deserving of scrutiny in such a case, as the State has touched not only upon the private sphere of the family but upon the very bodily integrity of the pregnant woman.” Casey, supra
doesnt give her a right to kill another human being

If pro-lifers provide living wages during late pregnancy; child care for working mothers; hospital costs for the uninsured; a program similar to SNAP; and to AFDC; and if they provide this as needed with no time limit, then I commend them.

However the government attitude is that those people are welfare queens and they would like to diminish those programs. At least Biden supports paid pregnancy leave.

I can see you're still having that whole "I can't see any sort of compassion beyond voting for someone else to do everything, and someone else to pay for it" issue.

I am hard-hearted about this myself. Why should the State/my employer have to take care of me when I am having a baby?
Your right.
Why should employers have to limit your work hours to 40?
Why should they let you take a vacation?
Why should they let you take holidays off?
Does the State pay the non-working mother a stipend for "maternity leave"? Why does Government talk so many into the horrible idea they cannot take care of themselves, let alone a family?
They don't.
It is bad enough with "free lunch/breakfast" programs Government pushes the idea on children that their parents can't even take care of them; it is so much worse when Government then pushes the idea on adults they cannot take care of themselves.
Sure, let them starve.
No welfare.
No social security.
No medicare.

Shame on all of us. Our ancestors gave their lives that we might be free/independent--not dependent.
So, you can provide your own water when your house catches fire?
You're on your own when someone burglarizes your house?
What about when the bank get robbed, then they inform you 'Everything is fine, they only took your money'.
Your kid has gone missing, find the kid yourself.
If the Government thinks we need Government money to make it through, that is a pretty good indication we are being taxed too much. What would we think of a thief that took our money and then expected gratitude when they returned part of it? There is a better way.
Yes, there is for people like you.

Bir Tawil
There is an area of land between Egypt and Sudan that nobody wants and has been unclaimed by either nation. The 795 square miles of land in the shape of a trapezoid called Bir Tawil is the only piece of unclaimed land in the world outside of Antarctica.

There you go, no government and best of all, no taxes.

Forum List

Back