A Question To Conservatives Who Believe In A Ban On Abortions

According to you.

In your mind, that's what it should be but isn't.
Yes, according to me it's settled. :)

Very few things reach their ideal or standard but that does not negate the ideal or the standard. ;)

It's late. You've had a long night. Get some sleep. You'll feel better when you wake up in the afternoon.

You are confusing subjectivity with logic. The difference between being objective and being subjective is bias. Bias is eliminated when there is no preference for an outcome. To eliminate a preference for an outcome one must have no thought of the consequences to one's self. If one does not practice this they will see subjective truth instead of objective truth. Subjective truth leads to moral relativism. Where consequences to self and preferences for an outcome leads to rationalizations of right and wrong.
Here are the definitions

1. a proper or reasonable way of thinking about or understanding something.
2. a particular way of thinking about something.
3. the science that studies the formal processes used in thinking and reasoning.

See post 478.

Here are the definitions

1. a proper or reasonable way of thinking about or understanding something.
2. a particular way of thinking about something.
3. the science that studies the formal processes used in thinking and reasoning.

See post 478.
Definitions of what?

You're tired. You've had a long night fighting for good and justice; battling evil.

Definitions of what?
Logic.
You're tired. You've had a long night fighting for good and justice; battling evil.
You must be.
'You are confusing subjectivity with logic'.

What comes up must come down.
2+2=4

That's logic.

Then you state it's logical for government to only do, what people can't do for themselves.
That's an opinion, not logic.

Logic.

You must be.
'You are confusing subjectivity with logic'.

What comes up must come down.
2+2=4

That's logic.

Then you state it's logical for government to only do, what people can't do for themselves.
That's an opinion, not logic.
Actually the conversation was about who gets to decide. That's when I said logic decides.

It's OK, you are sleepy. You've been up all night saving the world.

We've already covered this. Logic is.

For instance, should the government set wages, prices and profits? Or is that something the people can and should do for themselves.

Which one is logical?
Neither.
That is opinion, not logic.
Some people think the people should decide, some people think the government should decide on a wage.
Based on past instances and results, that's where some logic does come into play.
Depends on who's logic you believe.
Which turns out to be, in this case opinion anyway.

Henry Ford thought if he paid his workers $5 a day, they could buy his cars too.
Logical for him.

We've already covered this.

In 1990

Neither.
That is opinion, not logic.
Some people think the people should decide, some people think the government should decide on a wage.
Based on past instances and results, that's where some logic does come into play.
Depends on who's logic you believe.
Which turns out to be, in this case opinion anyway.

Henry Ford thought if he paid his workers $5 a day, they could buy his cars too.
Logical for him.

We've already covered this.

In 1990
Darling, what was opinion? The question I asked? Can you explain how that was an opinion?

As for Hank, wasn't it logic that led to him to paying his employees more money so that they COULD buy his cars?

lighten up.gif

Or maybe that was just Hank's opinion that if he paid them more money they could afford to buy his cares.

Darling, what was opinion? The question I asked? Can you explain how that was an opinion?
'For instance, should the government set wages, prices and profits? Or is that something the people can and should do for themselves'.

Employers had one opinion, workers had another.
The government sided with the workers, politicians majority opinion.
As for Hank, wasn't it logic that led to him to paying his employees more money so that they COULD buy his cars?

View attachment 574930
Correct.
Ford's logic was to improve his business, reduce turnover and present an image of helping working Americans, which relayed into Henry putting more $$$ in his bank account.

Logic based on previous employers performance, profits and turnover rate perhaps.

Just like Michael Jordan, logic.

Michael Jordan addressed one of the most famous quotes of his career -- "Republicans buy sneakers, too" -- in the fifth episode of ESPN's "The Last Dance" on Sunday.

Or maybe that was just Hank's opinion that if he paid them more money they could afford to buy his cares.
I'm sure it did.
Henry's opinion was based on logic, his logic.
'I want to sell my pencil's at 10 cents a piece, it's the going rate (like cable) but logically, I could sell more if I could sell pencils at 8 cent a piece and still profit.

'For instance, should the government set wages, prices and profits? Or is that something the people can and should do for themselves'.

Employers had one opinion, workers had another.
The government sided with the workers, politicians majority opinion.

Correct.
Ford's logic was to improve his business, reduce turnover and present an image of helping working Americans, which relayed into Henry putting more $$$ in his bank account.

Logic based on previous employers performance, profits and turnover rate perhaps.

Just like Michael Jordan, logic.

Michael Jordan addressed one of the most famous quotes of his career -- "Republicans buy sneakers, too" -- in the fifth episode of ESPN's "The Last Dance" on Sunday.
Darling, there was no discussion on logic. Just a question. Apparently you held that discussion in your head and labeled it an opinion. I merely laid out two diametrically opposite scenarios and asked which one was logical.

But Ford couldn't have logic according to you. He could only have an opinion. Same goes for MJ. I'm afraid your sleep deprived brain has painted you into a corner.

Last edited:
I'm sure it did.
Henry's opinion was based on logic, his logic.
'I want to sell my pencil's at 10 cents a piece, it's the going rate (like cable) but logically, I could sell more if I could sell pencils at 8 cent a piece and still profit.
So someone else's logic would have been different? Hmmmm.... what's that "logical"argument look like? Because until you can come up with an equally logical argument that arrives at a diametric answer to Hank's, you are just pissing in the wind, darling.

It's probably just a an opinion that human life begins at conception. :rolleyes:

Never mind all of that "fake" science that leads to the logical conclusion that life begins at conception.

After birth. It is in the Constitution.

I call.

Quote where the Constitution says a person must be "born" in order to have a right to the protections of our laws.

Not even Roe backs you up on that claim.

Neither do any of the nation's more than 30 State and Fetal HOMICIDE laws support your claim on that.

I would have no problem telling any pregnant child that SOMETIMES abortion has to be allowed. I’d say the same to any woman if she was carrying a rapist’s “baby.” Or if any female was carrying the product of incest. Or if any woman was honestly placed in risk of actual injury or death if the pregnancy isn’t terminated.

My own morality in these instances is absolutely not consistent with my beliefs. I don’t claim otherwise. And I don’t speak for other conservatives. I can only answer as to my own position

Last edited:
I would have no problem telling any pregnant child that SOMETIMES abortion has to be allowed. I’d say the same to any woman if she was carrying a rapist’s “baby.” Or if any female was carrying the product of incest. Or is any woman was honestly placed in risk of actual of injury or death if the pregnancy isn’t terminated.

My own morality in these instances is absolutely not consistent with my beliefs. I don’t claim otherwise. And I don’t speak for other conservatives. I can only answer as to my own position
I am about as anti-abortion as anyone else in these forums.

I have struggled with these issues for decades (Rape, life of the Mother, etc.) and I believe that I have a solid basis in the Constitution for anyone such as yourself to both support bans on abortions and for supporting exceptions to the ban for Rape and Life of the mother pregnancy situations.

If you are interested, I think a thread on the rape exception and the constitutionality of it might be productive.

Last edited:
Pub logic: Ban abortions and under powered electric cars.

Actually, you can go pretty fast in a Tesla Model S with a bigger battery.

Forum List

Back