A question of participation

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Over the Labor Day weekend the kids and I traveled to CA to visit my parents (50th wedding anniversary) and my sister. My brother, his wife and youngest child also went to CA.
As all good families do, we discussed current politics. I mentioned that I email and phone my representatives about federal, state and local issues and give them my opinion. Both my brother and sister were surprised that I took the time to do that. They weren't surprised that our parents do that.
I'm sure that many of the people that post here also contact their government representatives about issues they have opinions about. Hell, you post here because you have opinions about government. But do your family members contact their representatives? Do you know if they do?

Mine do because I started calling and reminding them to call Congress. Today I got a phone call from my Mom. The first words out of her mouth were, "You call that Congressman and tell him to leave my damn social security alone."

You would be surprised to know the number of people who don't even know who their Congressional representatives are, yet alone contact them about important issues.

Forum List

Back