A question for neocons on this board

A simplistic description of what one actually is is a big government Democrat without the compassion - updated with the realization that the USA should take over the world and has no issues with killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians and children and wasting trillions of tax dollars and borrowed money to do so when it is in the best interests of the military-industrial complex, oil companies, or the other wealthy corporate titans who pay for our campaigns

Fixed that for you.

It doesn't have anything to do with religion or social conservatism, that's true, that's just the demographic they've cynically pandered to to get elected because their ideas don't have much real support among the general populace. Instead it's all about a barbaric lack of decency or respect for human life that sees wars of choice as the solution to everything and places business interests above national interests.
I guess you didn't see this:
From this point forward, since some want to abuse it, and others want to whine all over my PM box about it, altering quotes from other members will no longer be allowed until further notice.

If you do so, you will be warned the first time. Each time thereafter will result in a 1 point infraction.

Once again, you can thank the minority for the majority not being able to have nice things, that in context can be fun.
And, neocons do not see wars as solutions. Only under special circumstances is that the case and that has already been posted in the thread.

Geez. They don't see Wars as solutions? Who do you think was behind invading and occupying two nations that never attacked us? They also spelled it out pretty clearly in their manifesto that was published oh........over

NINE YEARS AGO!

Fixed that for you.

It doesn't have anything to do with religion or social conservatism, that's true, that's just the demographic they've cynically pandered to to get elected because their ideas don't have much real support among the general populace. Instead it's all about a barbaric lack of decency or respect for human life that sees wars of choice as the solution to everything and places business interests above national interests.
From this point forward, since some want to abuse it, and others want to whine all over my PM box about it, altering quotes from other members will no longer be allowed until further notice.

If you do so, you will be warned the first time. Each time thereafter will result in a 1 point infraction.

Once again, you can thank the minority for the majority not being able to have nice things, that in context can be fun.
And, neocons do not see wars as solutions. Only under special circumstances is that the case and that has already been posted in the thread.

Geez. They don't see Wars as solutions? Who do you think was behind invading and occupying two nations that never attacked us? They also spelled it out pretty clearly in their manifesto that was published oh........over

NINE YEARS AGO!
What part of under certain circumstances is confusing you?

I guess you didn't see this: And, neocons do not see wars as solutions. Only under special circumstances is that the case and that has already been posted in the thread.

NINE YEARS AGO!
What part of under certain circumstances is confusing you?

What part of circular logic dances past you? You can arbitrarily assign "special circumstances" to every military action linked with neoconservatism.

If you had ever read their manifesto you would have seen the use of military force is one of the foundations of its ideology.

Fixed that for you.

NINE YEARS AGO!

Well, yes neoconservatives are very imperialistic. However, BHO is continuing the same policies as Bush. Leaving troops in Iraq for years to come, increasing troops in Afghanistan, and war-mongering Iran. Don't fall into the false right vs left paradigm. Neither party offers change, hope, freedom, and liberty.

A simplistic description of what one actually is is a Goldwater Republican without the isolationism - updated with the realization that the USA is no island in this smaller world and has no issues with using force when it is in our best interests security-wise and strategically.

The term Neoconservative was defined by Irving Kristol in this link: The Neoconservative Persuasion
For a less academic and more insightful perspective google PNAC and read the Statement of Principles. The Wikipedia article links to the principles, some letters and of particular interest the names of those who support the principles.

We're losing sight of the ball here. Republicans aren't "neocons". Conservatives aren't "neocons". Christians aren't "neocons".

Neocons are simply liberals in all except they are militant and vigilant in seeing that the errors of the past are not repeated (think extermination of the Jews).

Other than that, they're liberal.

So who here is a neocon and why do posters keep posting threads to these imaginary board members?

I guess you didn't see this: And, neocons do not see wars as solutions. Only under special circumstances is that the case and that has already been posted in the thread.

NINE YEARS AGO!

Well, yes neoconservatives are very imperialistic. However, BHO is continuing the same policies as Bush. Leaving troops in Iraq for years to come, increasing troops in Afghanistan, and war-mongering Iran. Don't fall into the false right vs left paradigm. Neither party offers change, hope, freedom, and liberty.

Why assume I believe in the false paradigm? I've already pointed out in a different thread how obushama has continued many neocon policies.

NINE YEARS AGO!

Why assume I believe in the false paradigm? I've already pointed out in a different thread how obushama has continued many neocon policies.
I did not direct that to you personally.

We're losing sight of the ball here. Republicans aren't "neocons". Conservatives aren't "neocons". Christians aren't "neocons".

Neocons are simply liberals in all except they are militant and vigilant in seeing that the errors of the past are not repeated (think extermination of the Jews).

Other than that, they're liberal.

So who here is a neocon and why do posters keep posting threads to these imaginary board members?

Some Repubs are neocons but most in the Christian right support their policies. Without that group the neocons would not have had access to the white house....which is why murdoch's media is being used to pump up Palin through the weekly standard, harper collins, fox, etc.

What I find amazing is the claim the neocons want to avoid the errors of the past. They are imperialists using the military to implement their ideas and while in said process there are untold numbers of innocent people who have been and are being killed. How is that different from any other empire using their military to invade and occupy?

I did not direct that to you personally.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Read all about them, from the Christian Science Montior. Who are the neocons: US News / Special: Empire Builders | Christian Science Monitor
Morons don't read threads so they post redundant information. You've been bested by Jake Starkey. Wow.
You gotta do more than give your opinion to discount the posting, si modo. You know that, and you know that you can't refute what I have posted.

Here is another for you from the Christian Science Monitor titled "Neocon 101 Some basic questions answered." This objective article is found at US News / Special: Empire Builders / Neocon 101 | Christian Science Monitor

Last edited:
A simplistic description of what one actually is is a Goldwater Republican without the isolationism - updated with the realization that the USA is no island in this smaller world and has no issues with using force when it is in our best interests security-wise and strategically.

The term Neoconservative was defined by Irving Kristol in this link: The Neoconservative Persuasion
For a less academic and more insightful perspective google PNAC and read the Statement of Principles. The Wikipedia article links to the principles, some letters and of particular interest the names of those who support the principles.
Do you have a point to make that already hasn't been made? Do you actually believe you are informative?

It's no wonder you've been banned from other message boards, you've zero social skills. Of course that's typical of 'your kind'.

Random thought, are you a second iteration of California girl?

Do you have a point to make that already hasn't been made? Do you actually believe you are informative?

Do you have anything to share that wouldn't be best served with a case of toilet paper? There's enough shittiness floating around that we don't need superfluous cheap shots.

Do you have anything to share that wouldn't be best served with a case of toilet paper? There's enough shittiness floating around that we don't need superfluous cheap shots.
I have standards for relevant, non-redundant information. You seem to have issues with that. But, don't worry, you are not alone in the irrelevance club.

Forum List

Back