A poll for liberals, how much C02 in the air is to much?

A poll for liberals, how much C02 in the air is to much

• 2 times as much C02 as today?

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 3 times as much C02 as today?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 times as much C02 as today?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 times as much C02 as today?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Well, based on physics and our understanding of climate...Id say we're likely to see climate changes that could cause a negative on civilization...

Not that you care of course.
God conservatives are so dumb it's scary
Back 100 years ago the total amount of CO2 in the atmosphere was 0.03%. That is 3 1/100ths of 1 percent.
In 2000, when Al Gore went shrieking gloom and doom, the CO2 had increased a walloping 1/100th to 0.04% which is 4 1/100ths of 1 percent. Now water vapor which is about 70% of the total atmosphere is the real reason why the temperature goes up or down on a given day, just walk out in DC today where the temperature is 90 degrees(dog days of summer) but feels like over 100, because the humidity is high. So liberals TAX all the carbon products because they can, with the support of the establishment republicans, and if the liberals could, they would be taxing water vapor(Martin O'Malley put a rain tax in Maryland) and you would think after 7 2/3rd years of Obama and his energy taxes must necessarily skyrocket, the oceans would stop rising, and the planet would heal. How is that hope and change working out for you libtards?

The way liberals talk, that the increase in CO2 just sits there in the atmosphere eventually going to kill US, but since they are mind numbed, low information, useful idiots, they don't realize that there is also an increase in plant growth, which thrives with the increase of CO2.

View attachment 85228
Funny because it was 100 years ago science first figured out we were causing an increase in global warming.

Woa....

Wait a second...I will derail my own thread..

So in your own words How did the scientist know we were warming the planet?
Facts and evidence my friend. And you've been denying those facts ever since.

Well, based on physics and our understanding of climate...Id say we're likely to see climate changes that could cause a negative on civilization...

Back 100 years ago the total amount of CO2 in the atmosphere was 0.03%. That is 3 1/100ths of 1 percent.
In 2000, when Al Gore went shrieking gloom and doom, the CO2 had increased a walloping 1/100th to 0.04% which is 4 1/100ths of 1 percent. Now water vapor which is about 70% of the total atmosphere is the real reason why the temperature goes up or down on a given day, just walk out in DC today where the temperature is 90 degrees(dog days of summer) but feels like over 100, because the humidity is high. So liberals TAX all the carbon products because they can, with the support of the establishment republicans, and if the liberals could, they would be taxing water vapor(Martin O'Malley put a rain tax in Maryland) and you would think after 7 2/3rd years of Obama and his energy taxes must necessarily skyrocket, the oceans would stop rising, and the planet would heal. How is that hope and change working out for you libtards?

The way liberals talk, that the increase in CO2 just sits there in the atmosphere eventually going to kill US, but since they are mind numbed, low information, useful idiots, they don't realize that there is also an increase in plant growth, which thrives with the increase of CO2.

View attachment 85228
Funny because it was 100 years ago science first figured out we were causing an increase in global warming.

Woa....

Translation~ you have not a clue...

So please tell me how did the scientist know the planet was warming up 100 years ago?

Come on, I am dying to hear it from you.

What would you rather have a planet that is warmer or colder?

Or do you believe man can keep it at a constant temperature and C02 level in the atmosphere?

I would rather have a planet with it's natural processes in equilibrium.

So would I, so do you think through social economic justice and redistribution we can control the earthy climate?

I don't believe either of those are suggested solutions.

We can certainly work to mitigate future impacts from man made sources. The planet will take a long time to move back toward equilibrium.

How long ago was the planet back at equilibrium?

We all know we are still leaving the last ice age..

So how far back was that?

50,000 years ago?

100,000 years ago?

500,000 years ago?

5 million years ago?

Oh Gawd, please don't get the 'Safe Space' tards goin on the Globull Warming scam. The silly hysterical fear mongering will go on all day. It's better to just laugh at em and ignore em. That's how you marginalize them and their loony cult.

I put this here because I am real concerned about the fear mongering going on in this country after I read this post yesterday from a liberal poster...
He will remain anonymous..

Hey, dumbfuck. I'm sure the planet will still be here. It just won't be a place we can live on. Are you some kind of fucking retard.

I know many liberals never go down to the environment forum to educate themselves , so that's why I put this post here.

So take my poll and discuss if you think there will be a point when there is to much C02 in the atmosphere and the earth will be uninhabitable for humans.

For an added bonus tell me how many degrees do you think the earths temperature will rise if the C02 in the atmosphere gets to be five times as high as today

8 degrees?
12 degrees?
20 degrees?

1,000 degrees?
Hot as Venus?

You buy this hoax. Gore said we had 10 years, times up....I guess you can relax now....

View attachment 85228

Woa....

What facts tool bag?

Globull Warming Boogeyman gon get us all! Man, aren't people tired of all the hysterical fear mongering over this scam? Humans can't control Mother Earth. If they attempt to, they'll only mess it all up.

The Planet warms, the Planet cools. It's been that way since the beginning. This wise ole dude summed it up best...

View attachment 85228

Woa....

So please tell me how did the scientist know the planet was warming up 100 years ago?

Then die.

Oh Gawd, please don't get the 'Safe Space' tards goin on the Globull Warming scam. The silly hysterical fear mongering will go on all day. It's better to just laugh at em and ignore em. That's how you marginalize them and their loony cult.

I am mostly curious what they know..

It seems to me they think the earth is uninhabitable for humans if we get higher then 800ppm C02 in the atmosphere according to one poster.

View attachment 85228

Woa....

Then die.

Why are you keeping this big secrete from all of us?

Again in your own words, how did they know 100 years ago the earth was warming up?

I am mostly curious what they know..

It seems to me they think the earth is uninhabitable for humans if we get higher then 800ppm C02 in the atmosphere according to one poster.

More CO2 will not be the end of us. In fact, many animal and plant species will thrive. There is no historical evidence proving that more CO2 = 'Armageddon.' Now if you wanna talk pollution? I'm willing to go there. We are contaminating the food and water we need to survive.

We are killing ourselves in that regard. If you're gonna worry about the end of us, that's something to worry about. But personally, i don't worry about such things. We're only here for a short time. I advise folks to enjoy that short time to the fullest. Don't live in fear.

Last edited:

Woa....

Then die.

Again in your own words, how did they know 100 years ago the earth was warming up?
I don't know. Scientists know. And you argue with them. So why should I argue with you?

Woa....

Then die.

I don't know. Scientists know. And you argue with them. So why should I argue with you?

Thank you for the honesty

So take my poll and discuss if you think there will be a point when there is to much C02 in the atmosphere and the earth will be uninhabitable for humans.

For an added bonus tell me how many degrees do you think the earths temperature will rise if the C02 in the atmosphere gets to be five times as high as today

I voted for 2 times.
5 times ? That would be roughly 2000 ppm. That would probably increase the temperature by 8 to 10 degrees ( not just because of co2 , but also because of the added methane)
And even if humans can stand 2000 ppm for a long time , it is just our civilization can't.
Above 2,500 the human physiology would have to be subject to a radical change.

I am sure some zones would actually improve with an 8 celcius increase, ( Alaska, Canada , siberia) even considering the poles tend to have temperature spikes, but the world as we know it would be completely different.

Interesting so you believe human civilation could only handle around 800ppm C02 and at 5 times the amount of C02 today you believe the temperature would only be 8 to 10 degrees warmer.

I did forget to indicate I was using celcius, not fahrenheit degrees.
Ten degrees would mean many temperate zones would become deserts and that all glaciers would disappear from the earth.
We haven't had such a temperature in the last 40 million years. Add to that that 2000 ppm would be very close to the threshold in which human body starts to have long term health effect due to high co2 concentration.
That is not a confortable thought ( on the bright side, I am sure the flora would thrive ) .

All_palaeotemps.svg

You have no understanding of climate and only an idiot would think man could control it.
Filling the ocean with acids is changing it.
Seeding clouds is changing it.
Smog covering major cities is changing it.

Change is a form of control.

Who doesn't know that?

What would you rather have a planet that is warmer or colder?

Or do you believe man can keep it at a constant temperature and C02 level in the atmosphere?

I would rather have a planet with it's natural processes in equilibrium.

So would I, so do you think through social economic justice and redistribution we can control the earthy climate?

I don't believe either of those are suggested solutions.

We can certainly work to mitigate future impacts from man made sources. The planet will take a long time to move back toward equilibrium.

How long ago was the planet back at equilibrium?

We all know we are still leaving the last ice age..

So how far back was that?

50,000 years ago?

100,000 years ago?

500,000 years ago?

5 million years ago?

Before man started artificially altering it. Barring any planetary wide catastrophe, the atmosphere will always find and keep it's equilibrium.

You have no understanding of climate and only an idiot would think man could control it.
Filling the ocean with acids is changing it.
Seeding clouds is changing it.
Smog covering major cities is changing it.

Change is a form of control.

Who doesn't know that?
Don't quit your day job.....:lol:

Forum List

Back