A message about the reality of life after death

I had a Near Death (death?) experience when I was 7 years old.

Everything you have heard or read about that experience happened to me, too.

And it happened years before anybody ever talked about NDEs.

What does that mean?

Bets the crap outa me, I just know what I experienced.

can you describe it for us, plz?

In a nutshell?

drowning while reliving my entire life;
first breathe of water -agony followed by the most peaceful feeling I have ever had;
woke up in a gray place. My late Grandmother (a women I barely knew) came through a door and told me in broken English (she was an immigrant) that I did not belong there;
I woke floating in a tree about 20 feet over the crowd that was watching a girl give me mouth to mouth.
Woke up again, puking up water.

My only advise?

Death by drowning isn't so bad once you give up.

What does it all mean?

Bets me, man.

:cool:

It means you have something to accomplish in this life. What that might be, I don't know.

can you describe it for us, plz?

In a nutshell?

first breathe of water -agony followed by the most peaceful feeling I have ever had;
woke up in a gray place. My late Grandmother (a women I barely knew) came through a door and told me in broken English (she was an immigrant) that I did not belong there;
I woke floating in a tree about 20 feet over the crowd that was watching a girl give me mouth to mouth.

My only advise?

What does it all mean?

Bets me, man.

cool :thup:

thank you for sharing with us.

Testimonies - To Hell and Back

Dear Vox Editec and others:
Here are some more diverse testimonies from people who had NDE that led to visions of hell instead of heaven.

The common theme or message seemed to be gratefulness and thanks for having a chance at life otherwise taken for granted and wasted being selfish.

So it was still a positive inspirational message, not a negative one.

Another book/testimony about returning back to life after being dead for 90 minutes is Don Piper's "90 Minutes in Heaven" where he came to realize his purpose for living on earth was to help other people, and was not for himself or he would have wanted to stay dead. (Where he was in heavenly peace. Instead of returning to life on earth where 98% of his day is spent in constant pain, recovering from surgery to rebuild his body after his limbs were severed and bones had to be reconstructed. He came to accept how his story inspired other people to overcome painful suffering and use the gift of prayer.)

Last edited:
In a nutshell?

My only advise?

What does it all mean?

Bets me, man.

cool :thup:

thank you for sharing with us.

Testimonies - To Hell and Back

Dear Vox Editec and others:
Here are some more diverse testimonies from people who had NDE that led to visions of hell instead of heaven.

The common theme or message seemed to be gratefulness and thanks for having a chance at life otherwise taken for granted and wasted being selfish.

So it was still a positive inspirational message, not a negative one.

Another book/testimony about returning back to life after being dead for 90 minutes is Don Piper's "90 Minutes in Heaven" where he came to realize his purpose for living on earth was to help other people, and was not for himself or he would have wanted to stay dead. (Where he was in heavenly peace. Instead of returning to life on earth where 98% of his day is spent in constant pain, recovering from surgery to rebuild his body after his limbs were severed and bones had to be reconstructed. He came to accept how his story inspired other people to overcome painful suffering and use the gift of prayer.)

Thank you. The negative NDEs are much more rare and rarely reported because of the context.

there are hundreds if not thousands of experiences with verified occurences which could nothave been known to the NDErer at all. If you are interested on the issue - the information is widely available. Including the scientific research.
The Lancet: Near-death experience in survivors of cardiac arrest

just one of them. You can also check the case of Pamela Reynolds - it is actually the most pure clear cut, almost experimentally approved case where the person was dead and confirmed being dead by al physiological standards and monitoring.
there are also cases of the congenitally blind people.

check it out - it is amazing.

I'm not denying their being clinically dead, there just isn't verification of their experience beyond their location while they were in NDE.

Dear PT: When my friend Olivia was praying for a person undergoing surgery, the person saw her in the operating room when this was physically impossible.

Olivia also had dreams of seeing her son while she was "out of her body" and found out later he had seen her also at that same time.

I thought there were already numerous accounts similar to this, where patients report seeing themselves as if floating above the operating table looking down, and seeing and hearing things while they were unconscious on anesthesia. I took it for granted this is not uncommon.
l

Being above the events in an operating room isn't the same as being elsewhere. Olivia's experience, as you've described it, isn't an NDE. In any case, "seeing" someone in an operating room is very non-specific. Wanting to believe is not proof.

there are hundreds if not thousands of experiences with verified occurences which could nothave been known to the NDErer at all. If you are interested on the issue - the information is widely available. Including the scientific research.

just one of them. You can also check the case of Pamela Reynolds - it is actually the most pure clear cut, almost experimentally approved case where the person was dead and confirmed being dead by al physiological standards and monitoring.

I'm not denying their being clinically dead, there just isn't verification of their experience beyond their location while they were in NDE.

there are pelnty of verified stories. Hundreds if not thousands.

If you are interested - there is ton of info online. Read yourself, instead of stubbornly denying it has been proven.

If you are interested - there is ton of info online. Read yourself, instead of stubbornly denying it has been proven.

Been there done that. And though I'm not denying the possibility of NDEs, I've never found a genuine investigation uncovering incontrovertible evidence for it--which for me must involve a simultaneous event happening elsewhere and verified by an independent source (i.e. one without a need to believe). If Truth is the objective, we need to avoid any possibility of bias.

Been there done that. And though I'm not denying the possibility of NDEs, I've never found a genuine investigation uncovering incontrovertible evidence for it--which for me must involve a simultaneous event happening elsewhere and verified by an independent source (i.e. one without a need to believe). If Truth is the objective, we need to avoid any possibility of bias.

boy, aren't you obtuse. It has been done already and proven. Hundreds of times if not thousands.

boy, aren't you obtuse. It has been done already and proven. Hundreds of times if not thousands.

Obtuse? I'm giving specific requirements. If you have one of those hundreds if not thousands you can give as an example of that does qualify (the OP doesn't), please do. The requirements for evidence are stringent, not "kinda fits". And if the final step is a leap of faith, then I think we should stop here.

Last edited:
Something I've always wondered about is if NDE happen so reliably (since there's supposedly an afterlife) why not test it scientificly by inducing death in a controlled manner ala "Flatliners." Can't be that hard, yet I've never heard of anyone anywhere doing it. Seems the obvious thing to be done if there's really something going on after our body's die. And if believers really believe they should be eagerly volunteering. Afterall, if they can't be revived not like that's bad right, afterlife and all that.

How do you test a soul? That is what lives on. That is what steps out of the bounds of the body. You, your knowledge, your memories, your likes and dislikes. Want to know what it is like to be absent from the body? Close your eyes for a minute. Do you still know who you are? Do you know your home address? Your family? Your most embarrassing moment? Your happiest moment? Still hate broccoli? That's you, all kept in your soul.

A woman blind from birth had to be operated on for a brain tumor. They had to induce "death" to prevent any brain activity during the operation. That woman watched the operation while she was outside of the clay form they were working on. She told the doctors what the instruments they used looked like. What color scrubs they were wearing, and the song the surgeon sang during the operation. All with 0 brain activity.

That is because your mind is a part of your soul, not your brain. Your "heart" is in your soul, not in the muscle pumping blood to clay organs. Your sight is 20/20 without eye balls. Your soul does not require clay to continue to function. You are made in your Father's image. He is eternal. You are eternal. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

There is a non believer here that can't explain it, but while he was an ocean away and experienced physical trauma to the body, he can tell you what was going on at his mom's house, thousands of miles away.

My heart stopped in an ambulance, but I watched my mother make the decision to step out of that speeding ambulance, and I know exactly where we were in route to the hospital when my heart stopped. I was out cold before the ambulance arrived and out cold when they wheeled me into the emergency room, but I knew the woman kneeling beside me with the stethoscope on my chest. It wasn't a medic, it was my grandmother's neighbor. She was a nurse, and ran over to the house when she saw the ambulance stop at my grandmother's. I knew all kinds of things I shouldn't have known on that trip.
The experience was a blessing because I know what it is like to be absent from the body.
We never cease. I know that. :eusa_angel:

Obtuse? I'm giving specific requirements. If you have one of those hundreds if not thousands you can give as an example of that does qualify (the OP doesn't), please do. The requirements for evidence are stringent, not "kinda fits". And if the final step is a leap of faith, then I think we should stop here.

it's a message board. If you are interested in reading on the NDE - there is a site called google.com - you type there - NDE experiences, NDE research or anything you want and click "go". And then enjoy reading and analyzing by yourself.

Sounds doable?

There is a non believer here that can't explain it, but while he was an ocean away and experienced physical trauma to the body, he can tell you what was going on at his mom's house, thousands of miles away.

My heart stopped in an ambulance, but I watched my mother make the decision to step out of that speeding ambulance, and I know exactly where we were in route to the hospital when my heart stopped. I was out cold before the ambulance arrived and out cold when they wheeled me into the emergency room, but I knew the woman kneeling beside me with the stethoscope on my chest. It wasn't a medic, it was my grandmother's neighbor. She was a nurse, and ran over to the house when she saw the ambulance stop at my grandmother's. I knew all kinds of things I shouldn't have known on that trip.
The experience was a blessing because I know what it is like to be absent from the body.

Oh, I know that, too. :smiliehug:
Happy New Year, Irish!!!!

That 13 year-old girl in California got a week's reprieve to continue on life support. Keep hoping she comes back. Be interested in listening to what she has to say.

Oh, I know that, too. :smiliehug:
Happy New Year, Irish!!!!
YOU TOO VOX. May the Lord bless you and keep you. :eusa_angel:

My mom 'died' giving birth to my older brother (he was stillborn). She said she saw Jesus, she wanted to go home. He told her no. It's not your time yet. "Your girls needs you."

That was in 1955. My older sister was born in '57, me in '58, younger sister '63, youngest, '70.

I think that Mom and Dad need time before they can let go. If her death had been anticipated the parents would have had time to absorb the inevitable. When it hits you so abruptly, you grasp any glimmer of hope and hold on for dear life. To fight 2 battles when you're completely numb with fear and heartache is too much to bear. Her Mama will know when it's time. Lift her up in prayer until it is well with her soul.

I think that Mom and Dad need time before they can let go. If her death had been anticipated the parents would have had time to absorb the inevitable. When it hits you so abruptly, you grasp any glimmer of hope and hold on for dear life. To fight 2 battles when you're completely numb with fear and heartache is too much to bear. Her Mama will know when it's time. Lift her up in prayer until it is well with her soul.

that part I agree with. But that can not go indefinitely.

I had a Near Death (death?) experience when I was 7 years old.

Everything you have heard or read about that experience happened to me, too.

And it happened years before anybody ever talked about NDEs.

What does that mean?

Bets the crap outa me, I just know what I experienced.

I had a death experience in my dream but we all have something in common. We all know that there is life after death of the flesh. That's all we really need to know because we won't awaken in the New Heaven and Earth until this world has been destroyed. We saints get the knowledge to know how we'll live in the next age but only general information, not too much detail. I do know that our flesh will look alike so it's not used to deceive each other. I do know that man was created both male and female so man will have two bodies and be partners in Paradise ( New Earth ). I also know we won't understand death, decay, destruction, storms, earthquakes, accidents, disease, anger, sadness, jealousy, lust, etc.

My heart stopped in an ambulance, but I watched my mother make the decision to step out of that speeding ambulance, and I know exactly where we were in route to the hospital when my heart stopped.

Would you mind editing that, I don't understand.

I was out cold before the ambulance arrived and out cold when they wheeled me into the emergency room, but I knew the woman kneeling beside me with the stethoscope on my chest. It wasn't a medic, it was my grandmother's neighbor. She was a nurse, and ran over to the house when she saw the ambulance stop at my grandmother's. I knew all kinds of things I shouldn't have known on that trip.

I don't doubt your memories, just their meaning or cause. It's well known that our auditory sense is often the last one to go unconscious even as our sight and self-awareness are knocked out, if you will. What we hear we can often fill in with visuals. I'm not saying that's what happened, but you were there, so....

The example you gave above isn't that way, it happened concurrently far away. But we need more validated details.

it's a message board. If you are interested in reading on the NDE - there is a site called google.com - you type there - NDE experiences, NDE research or anything you want and click "go". And then enjoy reading and analyzing by yourself.

Sounds doable?

As I've said, been there doabled that. I've done a lot of research in the past on NDEs and never came across an example like I'm saying we need, except for a very few which, like Irish's example above, has few details and further information is unavailable. Like all such subjects as this, we need to be very discriminating. If we can't truly validate some information, we have to dismiss it or put it in a pigeonhole.

I had a death experience in my dream but we all have something in common. We all know that there is life after death of the flesh. That's all we really need to know because we won't awaken in the New Heaven and Earth until this world has been destroyed. We saints get the knowledge to know how we'll live in the next age but only general information, not too much detail. I do know that our flesh will look alike so it's not used to deceive each other. I do know that man was created both male and female so man will have two bodies and be partners in Paradise ( New Earth ). I also know we won't understand death, decay, destruction, storms, earthquakes, accidents, disease, anger, sadness, jealousy, lust, etc.

It sounds like you weren't that discriminating because it validates your religious beliefs, which I must assume you aren't very discriminating about either. Desire or need to believe without reasonable evidence (blind faith), is not a good justification.

Forum List

Back