A Look at the Senate Democrats' JOBS & INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN FOR AMERICA’S WORKERS

The GOP will attack them mercilessly on this and position it as them piggybacking off of Trumps plan when they have never supported tax cuts. In fact, none of them even had the respect for the taxpayer to vote on the current cuts!

That's how I would go at them, on top of telling the public, "they now what some of YOUR money back to spend on their friends and pals on boondoggles. Not to mention increase the tax cuts to corporations who have given raises and bonues to their employees. All of that will be lost if you elect them"
Didn’t Obama propose cutting the corporate tax rate to 25%?

No! You far left drones will always remember things wrong!
I remember things wrong? Is that your whole arguement? How about you back it up with something more than dimwitted insults. Ya know, use reason, logic, an articulated argument or... wait for it... a link! What a novel idea!!! You know something like this that can factually show data that backs up your argument. Obama’s proposed tax plan lowered the corporate tax rate from 35% to 28% and the effective tax rate to 25%... so you were saying?
Analysis Of President Obama's Corporate Tax Reform Plan - Americans For Tax Fairness

He wants to fund those lower rates by eliminating loopholes, including ones that encourage sending jobs overseas.

There is no loophole that "encourages sending jobs overseas".

He also proposes a minimum tax on corporate foreign earnings – almost like a Buffett Rule for multinational corporations.

Oh, so his tax cut would raise taxes. DERP!
Is that how your small mind works? One fraction of high earners get a tax hike and the rest of the plan slashes taxes for corporations to manufacturers to wage workers and your translation is that his plan raises taxes?! Get real

and your translation is that his plan raises taxes?!

He also proposes a minimum tax on corporate foreign earnings – almost like a Buffett Rule for multinational corporations.

My translation? It was in your link.

Everyone has analyzed the loser’s tax plan.

Nobody gives a fuck about that traitor’s tax plan.

Obama Bin Lying has never had a good idea or original idea. He was nothing but a Marxist Puppet.

His Tax plan was a joke or it would have been voted on.

Quit trying to resurrect that piece of shit’s crappy legacy. It’s been eradicated. And if an honest investigation occurs in to his administration, the only legacy he’ll have is one of high crimes and misdemeanors.

No one gives a shit about the biggest con artist and Anti-American, Anti-Christian, Anti-Israel President, Loser And Liar ever elected, Obama Bin Lying, unless some brain-washed Lying asshole brings him up and we have to bitch slap him with reality.

Who the fuck thinks it’s ok to pay for Russian Propaganda and use the government as a weapon to spy on a rival campaign in order to subvert an election in favor of your chosen heir, a corrupt filthy lying skank whose only reason for being in government was to enrich herself?

Obama Bin Spying, that’s who!

Anyone that supports either of these pieces of shit is morally corrupt.

Take your KGB-Gestapo Administration and your love for those two pieces of shit and shove it up your ass.

Obama always LOVED legislation that is based entirely upon deceptive lies.

The Affordable Healthcare Act was the most expensive tax hike in US History and caused Healthcare costs to sky rocket.

The Tax Fairness Plan was just as Onerus.

Go fuck yourself Libtards! Quit backing this loser. Quit lying and start being honest and maybe you can win back some of the 1,000 offices you lost under Obama Bin Lying!

Worst president ever, and you wanted a criminal to replace him and carry on the worst legacy ever! What you have is a sickness, and truth is the only cure for it, only you refuse to even take a spoonful of it.
Why was Obama’s Tax plan just as Onerus? You type so many words and so little substance, how about you focus more of that energy on making an actual point using facts and explaination.
Haha, all that hot air and not one word explaining your ignorant statement about Obama’s tax plan. You’re a joke
I’m not reserecting anything. A comment was made that Dems don’t support tax cuts so I pointed to a tax proposal from a democrat that included tax cuts. Your bluster has added nothing to the conversation except for reenforcing the fact that you got nothing but hot air to blow at this. Talk about something specific and of substance or do us a favor and shut the fuck up

No, Obama opposed any cut in the corporate income tax rate. When Romney proposed cutting the corporate tax rate to 25% in the 2012 election, Obama demagogued the idea, as did most other Dems.

PredFan: How is it going to be an improvement? Increasing taxes on anyone is not an improvement. Essentially the government is taking money out of the economy. That cannot cause a better economy.

True, which is why I oppose the Dem plan. But, you have to keep in mind that the Trump tax cuts have only been in effect for barely three months. If we adopted the tax reform part of the Dem plan next month, the effect would still be good, but not as good as the Trump tax cuts.

ToddsterPatriot: They should have introduced this plan last year.

Yes, indeed. One wonders why Schumer did not introduce this plan when the Trump tax-cut bill was being debated in the Senate. It's a bit late to be presenting this plan now. Despite their public posturing, I suspect that Dems know that the Trump tax cuts are very, very popular with the middle class, and that the corporate tax cut and the special repatriation rate are causing hundreds of billions of American overseas dollars to come back to the U.S.

Yes, indeed. One wonders why Schumer did not introduce this plan when the Trump tax-cut bill was being debated

Because Dems never want to cut taxes.
Uhh, I just posted a link to Obama’s TAX CUT proposal that republicans wouldn’t even consider because they were in obstruction mode. Sound familiar?

Yeah, a tax cut that didn't actually cut taxes. Cool!
How does 35% to 28% not cut taxes? How does 35% to 25% not cut taxes? Turn your brain on for a second

I remember things wrong? Is that your whole arguement? How about you back it up with something more than dimwitted insults. Ya know, use reason, logic, an articulated argument or... wait for it... a link! What a novel idea!!! You know something like this that can factually show data that backs up your argument. Obama’s proposed tax plan lowered the corporate tax rate from 35% to 28% and the effective tax rate to 25%... so you were saying?
Analysis Of President Obama's Corporate Tax Reform Plan - Americans For Tax Fairness

He wants to fund those lower rates by eliminating loopholes, including ones that encourage sending jobs overseas.

Is that how your small mind works? One fraction of high earners get a tax hike and the rest of the plan slashes taxes for corporations to manufacturers to wage workers and your translation is that his plan raises taxes?! Get real

So what’s your point? Let’s make it simple, instead of defining the plan by cherry picking how about you tell us what the NET outcome of the bill would have produced... less taxes or more taxes?

No, Obama opposed any cut in the corporate income tax rate. When Romney proposed cutting the corporate tax rate to 25% in the 2012 election, Obama demagogued the idea, as did most other Dems.

PredFan: How is it going to be an improvement? Increasing taxes on anyone is not an improvement. Essentially the government is taking money out of the economy. That cannot cause a better economy.

True, which is why I oppose the Dem plan. But, you have to keep in mind that the Trump tax cuts have only been in effect for barely three months. If we adopted the tax reform part of the Dem plan next month, the effect would still be good, but not as good as the Trump tax cuts.

ToddsterPatriot: They should have introduced this plan last year.

Yes, indeed. One wonders why Schumer did not introduce this plan when the Trump tax-cut bill was being debated in the Senate. It's a bit late to be presenting this plan now. Despite their public posturing, I suspect that Dems know that the Trump tax cuts are very, very popular with the middle class, and that the corporate tax cut and the special repatriation rate are causing hundreds of billions of American overseas dollars to come back to the U.S.

Yes, indeed. One wonders why Schumer did not introduce this plan when the Trump tax-cut bill was being debated

Uhh, I just posted a link to Obama’s TAX CUT proposal that republicans wouldn’t even consider because they were in obstruction mode. Sound familiar?

How does 35% to 28% not cut taxes? How does 35% to 25% not cut taxes? Turn your brain on for a second

From your link.......

In the long-term, the plan is revenue-neutral – savings from closing some corporate tax loopholes will benefit corporations in the form of lower tax rates and increased tax subsidies.

So what’s your point? Let’s make it simple, instead of defining the plan by cherry picking how about you tell us what the NET outcome of the bill would have produced... less taxes or more taxes?

So what’s your point?

Obama was a lying liar.
He didn't want to cut corporate taxes, he wanted to posture.

Obama Bin Lying has never had a good idea or original idea. He was nothing but a Marxist Puppet.

Quit trying to resurrect that piece of shit’s crappy legacy. It’s been eradicated. And if an honest investigation occurs in to his administration, the only legacy he’ll have is one of high crimes and misdemeanors.

No one gives a shit about the biggest con artist and Anti-American, Anti-Christian, Anti-Israel President, Loser And Liar ever elected, Obama Bin Lying, unless some brain-washed Lying asshole brings him up and we have to bitch slap him with reality.

Who the fuck thinks it’s ok to pay for Russian Propaganda and use the government as a weapon to spy on a rival campaign in order to subvert an election in favor of your chosen heir, a corrupt filthy lying skank whose only reason for being in government was to enrich herself?

Take your KGB-Gestapo Administration and your love for those two pieces of shit and shove it up your ass.

Obama always LOVED legislation that is based entirely upon deceptive lies.

The Affordable Healthcare Act was the most expensive tax hike in US History and caused Healthcare costs to sky rocket.

The Tax Fairness Plan was just as Onerus.

Go fuck yourself Libtards! Quit backing this loser. Quit lying and start being honest and maybe you can win back some of the 1,000 offices you lost under Obama Bin Lying!

Worst president ever, and you wanted a criminal to replace him and carry on the worst legacy ever! What you have is a sickness, and truth is the only cure for it, only you refuse to even take a spoonful of it.
Why was Obama’s Tax plan just as Onerus? You type so many words and so little substance, how about you focus more of that energy on making an actual point using facts and explaination.
Haha, all that hot air and not one word explaining your ignorant statement about Obama’s tax plan. You’re a joke
I’m not reserecting anything. A comment was made that Dems don’t support tax cuts so I pointed to a tax proposal from a democrat that included tax cuts. Your bluster has added nothing to the conversation except for reenforcing the fact that you got nothing but hot air to blow at this. Talk about something specific and of substance or do us a favor and shut the fuck up

A comment was made that Dems don’t support tax cuts

True story.

When was the last Dem supported tax cut?

Kennedy was the last supported and actual tax cut. Everything else has been bullshit just like the “Affordable Health Cate Act”

A comment was made that Dems don’t support tax cuts

True story.

When was the last Dem supported tax cut?

Last edited:

So what’s your point?

Obama was a lying liar.
That’s why they called him Obam Bin Lying

I say, let the Dems run on raising taxes.

The Dem plan would be a big improvement over the 2017 tax rates, but it would not be as beneficial and pro-growth as the Trump tax cuts and Trump's infrastructure proposal. And, yes, Dems would have to run on imposing a modest tax hike on corporations and on people in the top marginal income tax bracket. But they could also say, "Look, we wanna cut the corporate income rate as well, but just not by quite as much, and we're not gonna touch the middle-class tax cuts."

That would be spin on their part.

Once they raise the Corp's taxes...they will lay-off the Middle Class
workers. They've reworked their profit margins. They'll adjust their
labor to meet those expectations.

If Congress touches the taxes of the corporations. The corporations will
lay-off or just terminate the middle class, and the Middle Class will be
back in a hole once again.

I agree with the Democrats on raising the corporate rate to 25%. Paul Ryan said he could only get the rate down to 25% based on the loopholes Republicans had removed. They got it down to 21% by taking away individual tax breaks and kicking Americans off of their healthcare. That 25% rate is still a nearly 30% cut in the corporate rate.

I disagree with the Democrat plan to raise the top rate. However I agree with getting rid of the carries interest deduction. I would also get rid of the pass through rate. The rate is too high for small businesses who would pay less filing as a individual. The rich have apparently figured out a way to exploit it. I also agree with the AMT as long a it is et higher and indexed to inflation.

A few days ago, Senator Chuck Schumer and other leading Senate Democrats held a press conference to present their infrastructure and tax reform plan. The full title of the bill is SENATE DEMOCRATS' JOBS & INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN FOR AMERICA’S WORKERS: RETURNING THE REPUBLICAN TAX GIVEAWAYS FOR THE WEALTHY TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

The Dem plan is actually pretty good. It is only a tax-hike measure compared to the new tax rates under the Trump tax cuts. Compared to the tax rates that existed until last year, it calls for huge tax cuts, even for corporations, in spite of the bill's unfortunately partisan subtitle. If Hillary had proposed this plan during the election, Bernie supporters and other Dems would have skewered her for wanting to "give away hundreds of billions of dollars to the rich." Consider:

* The Dem plan would set the corporate income tax rate at 25%. This is 4 percentage points higher than the Trump rate of 21%, but it's 10 percentage points lower than what the rate was last year and for decades before that. When Mitt Romney proposed cutting the corporate tax rate to 25% in 2012, Dems attacked the idea as a "tax cut for the rich."

* The Dem plan would leave intact all of the Trump tax cuts for personal income taxes, with the sole exception of the top marginal rate, which would go back to the previous rate of 39.6%, which would still be lower than it was for most of Reagan's presidency. Moreover, the Dem plan would maintain the Trump threshold of $600K for the top bracket.

* As mentioned, the Dem plan would keep *all* of the massive Trump tax cuts for the middle-income brackets. It would also maintain the Trump tax-cut provisions of capping SALT deductions at $10K and of capping mortgage-interest deductions.

* The Dem plan would return the death tax (the estate tax) to 2017 levels, which were an improvement over the rates for most of the previous four decades, and it would also return to the previous GOP-backed threshold of $5.49 million for exemption from the tax (vs. $11 million under the Trump tax cuts).

* The Dem plan would bring back the AMT, a very bad, baffling move. But, the AMT only affected people who made over 120K (single)/160K (married), and it did not really bite anyone until they started making over $300K, and even then the bite was not draconian.

* The Dem plan would close the carried-interest loophole, something that should have been done with the Trump tax cuts.

* The Dem plan would use the assumed savings vs. the Trump tax cuts to fund $1 trillion in infrastructure spending, and even most conservative think tanks agree that infrastructure spending usually largely pays for itself and sometimes gives us a large net gain. Trump has called for at least $1.6 trillion in infrastructure spending.

The Dem plan is not bad at all, but it is not as good as the Trump tax-cut bill and the Trump infrastructure-spending proposal. The Dem plan is a non-starter as long as the GOP controls the Senate, but it is really a pretty good plan.

Full text of the bill:
https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Senate Democrats' Jobs and Infrastructure Plan.pdf

Executive summary of the bill:
https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Senate Democrats' Jobs and Infrastructure Plan One Pager.pdf

The GOP will attack them mercilessly on this and position it as them piggybacking off of Trumps plan when they have never supported tax cuts. In fact, none of them even had the respect for the taxpayer to vote on the current cuts!

That's how I would go at them, on top of telling the public, "they now what some of YOUR money back to spend on their friends and pals on boondoggles. Not to mention increase the tax cuts to corporations who have given raises and bonues to their employees. All of that will be lost if you elect them"

Obama criticizes companies that leave U.S. for lower taxes

I agree with the Democrats on raising the corporate rate to 25%. Paul Ryan said he could only get the rate down to 25% based on the loopholes Republicans had removed. They got it down to 21% by taking away individual tax breaks and kicking Americans off of their healthcare. That 25% rate is still a nearly 30% cut in the corporate rate.

I disagree with the Democrat plan to raise the top rate. However I agree with getting rid of the carries interest deduction. I would also get rid of the pass through rate. The rate is too high for small businesses who would pay less filing as a individual. The rich have apparently figured out a way to exploit it. I also agree with the AMT as long a it is et higher and indexed to inflation.
Corporate tax rates and what corporations pay can be vastly different. Prior to the new tax law, large profitable US corporations paid and effective tax rate of 18%, a far cry from the top rate. With the top rate at 21%, the average effective rate will drop to at least 15% and could reach as low as 10%.

Although the low tax rates will certainly help the big multinationals, the biggest benefit will fall on small to medium sized corporations doing most of their business in the US. The big multi-nationals like GE pay practically nothing. They have rooms full of tax experts to assure the company pays the lowest possible overall tax amount by moving financial transactions between companies and countries to take advantage tax breaks in various places.

The rich will always figure a way to exploit changes in the tax code because they hire people that do nothing but study the tax laws and loopholes.

From your link.......

In the long-term, the plan is revenue-neutral – savings from closing some corporate tax loopholes will benefit corporations in the form of lower tax rates and increased tax subsidies.
Your point being?

Corporate tax rates and what corporations pay can be vastly different. Prior to the new tax law, large profitable US corporations paid and effective tax rate of 18%, a far cry from the top rate. With the top rate at 21%, the average effective rate will drop to at least 15% and could reach as low as 10%.

Although the low tax rates will certainly help the big multinationals, the biggest benefit will fall on small to medium sized corporations doing most of their business in the US. The big multi-nationals like GE pay practically nothing. They have rooms full of tax experts to assure the company pays the lowest possible overall tax amount by moving financial transactions between companies and countries to take advantage tax breaks in various places.

The rich will always figure a way to exploit changes in the tax code because they hire people that do nothing but study the tax laws and loopholes.

Corporate tax rates and what corporations pay can be vastly different.

Corporations pay the statutory tax rate on taxable income.
What's their secret method of dropping below that?

So what’s your point?

Obama was a lying liar.
Haha, Obama was a lying liar?! I heard he was also a mean meanie. Grow up man, both parties have strengths and weaknesses. Most politicians balance Good and bad. There is no absolute evil like you try and paint the left. Give it a rest. Obama wanted to cut taxes on the middle class and businesses. He wanted to offset the cuts and fund spending by taxing the top earners more. Deal with it, but at least try and deal with reality

A few days ago, Senator Chuck Schumer and other leading Senate Democrats held a press conference to present their infrastructure and tax reform plan. The full title of the bill is SENATE DEMOCRATS' JOBS & INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN FOR AMERICA’S WORKERS: RETURNING THE REPUBLICAN TAX GIVEAWAYS FOR THE WEALTHY TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

The Dem plan is actually pretty good. It is only a tax-hike measure compared to the new tax rates under the Trump tax cuts. Compared to the tax rates that existed until last year, it calls for huge tax cuts, even for corporations, in spite of the bill's unfortunately partisan subtitle. If Hillary had proposed this plan during the election, Bernie supporters and other Dems would have skewered her for wanting to "give away hundreds of billions of dollars to the rich." Consider:

* The Dem plan would set the corporate income tax rate at 25%. This is 4 percentage points higher than the Trump rate of 21%, but it's 10 percentage points lower than what the rate was last year and for decades before that. When Mitt Romney proposed cutting the corporate tax rate to 25% in 2012, Dems attacked the idea as a "tax cut for the rich."

* The Dem plan would leave intact all of the Trump tax cuts for personal income taxes, with the sole exception of the top marginal rate, which would go back to the previous rate of 39.6%, which would still be lower than it was for most of Reagan's presidency. Moreover, the Dem plan would maintain the Trump threshold of $600K for the top bracket.

* As mentioned, the Dem plan would keep *all* of the massive Trump tax cuts for the middle-income brackets. It would also maintain the Trump tax-cut provisions of capping SALT deductions at $10K and of capping mortgage-interest deductions.

* The Dem plan would return the death tax (the estate tax) to 2017 levels, which were an improvement over the rates for most of the previous four decades, and it would also return to the previous GOP-backed threshold of $5.49 million for exemption from the tax (vs. $11 million under the Trump tax cuts).

* The Dem plan would bring back the AMT, a very bad, baffling move. But, the AMT only affected people who made over 120K (single)/160K (married), and it did not really bite anyone until they started making over $300K, and even then the bite was not draconian.

* The Dem plan would leave intact Trump's special repatriation rate of 13.5% for American corporate money parked overseas that is brought back to the U.S.

* The Dem plan would close the carried-interest loophole, something that should have been done with the Trump tax cuts.

* The Dem plan would use the assumed savings vs. the Trump tax cuts to fund $1 trillion in infrastructure spending, and even most conservative think tanks agree that infrastructure spending usually largely pays for itself and sometimes gives us a large net gain. Trump has called for at least $1.6 trillion in infrastructure spending.

The Dem plan is not bad at all, but it is not as good as the Trump tax-cut bill and the Trump infrastructure-spending proposal. The Dem plan is a non-starter as long as the GOP controls the Senate, but it is really a pretty good plan.

Full text of the bill:
https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Senate Democrats' Jobs and Infrastructure Plan.pdf

https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Senate Democrats' Jobs and Infrastructure Plan One Pager.pdf
massive Trump tax cuts for the middle-income brackets?

Huh?

I wouldn't describe them as "massive".

From your link.......

Your point being?

A tax cut that didn't actually cut taxes.

Full text of the bill:

Obama criticizes companies that leave U.S. for lower taxes
Good article, calling out companies who take advantage of inversions and instituting regulations to make it harder for companies to take advantage of the loopholes. Thanks

Forum List

Back