A guy was killed down my street

They've got markings, but they're those low visibility types.

View attachment 642538

That's not one of our guys. He's from a town over. The town picks up what cars they can, usually hand me downs from other departments. Our police force consists of two officers, each drives a car that is low visibility marked from two different towns. They haven't bothered to repaint or decal them.

My city has gone to those low visability marking on police vehicles just like those ones. The spotlight on the driver's side still gives them away.

Anyway, odds are your local area doesn't have a coroner. Ours get shipped off to one of the couple state medical examiners offices so it usually take about a week o get the remains back from a murder.

For whatever it is worth, there was a several hour hostage situation literally a few hundred feet from my property and I had no idea until the next day when it was the headline in the paper. I was home the entire time it was going down and was in and out of the house so you would think I would have noticed, but nope. LOL.

The towns of 300 population I have been around are lucky to have 1 part time officer/chief.

I just looked it up. We have about 377. We got two cops, and a volunteer fire dept. The fire dept. actually belongs to another town, but they let us use it. It's in our town after all. The two cops know everybody, and everyone knows them. There really isn't a need for them, the last time they got any action was in 2019, when a lady called because someones dog shit in her yard.

Like those assholes that need 100 round magazines because he needs to stop all those he thinks are assholes, wrong or out to get him.

If you have to shoot more than a few people, you are the problem!

Literally no one buys 100 round magazines for self defense. Those are for people who like shooting targets. They're expensive, and waste a lot of ammo, I don't know a single person who has one...

I just looked it up. We have about 377. We got two cops, and a volunteer fire dept. The fire dept. actually belongs to another town, but they let us use it. It's in our town after all. The two cops know everybody, and everyone knows them. There really isn't a need for them, the last time they got any action was in 2019, when a lady called because someones dog shit in her yard.
In rural Missouri small towns have a cop 20hrs a week & the volunteer fire dept is called "foundation savers" because the house foundation is all they usually save from fire.

You are clueless. I lived 25 years on a large farm near a small rural city of 336 people. There wasn't a month that went by without guns being drawn on someone. These things are kept off the books.
Yup. In the town I grew up in, population under 250, an Amish woman stabbed her son and husband to death while they slept. Never hit the news...

In rural Missouri small towns have a cop 20hrs a week & the volunteer fire dept is called "foundation savers" because the house foundation is all they usually save from fire.

Our fire dept. is all but useless. Ashland FD usually handles everything while ours offers morale support. Our officers go out onto the highway every now and then, and the rest of the time, play games and watch TV in their office.

Yup. In the town I grew up in, population under 250, an Amish woman stabbed her son and husband to death while they slept. Never hit the news...
Yup, if ever mention in the paper, it's an obituary that never says they were murdered.

We had guns in school every day, in class, lockers & vehicles displaying them in gun racks in the back window.

Last edited:
Our fire dept. is all but useless. Ashland FD usually handles everything while ours offers morale support. Our officers go out onto the highway every now and then, and the rest of the time, play games and watch TV in their office.
Ours was just rural people farming or working regular jobs. The on call one has the cell phone with him to answer any emergency call that might come in, then he sends a mass text to the other volunteers. There is no "office" or place they hang out, just barn with a fire truck in it to be driven by whoever gets there first.

Ours was just rural people farming or working regular jobs. The on call one has the cell phone with him to answer any emergency call that might come in, then he sends a mass text to the other volunteers. There is no "office" or place they hang out, just barn with a fire truck in it to be driven by whoever gets there first.

Our fire alarm goes off all the time, a couple guys show up, and drive our one truck to where ever, and usually it's nothing. If something actually bad happens, they always call in Ashland.

You are clueless. I lived 25 years on a large farm near a small rural city of 336 people. There wasn't a month that went by without guns being drawn on someone. These things are kept off the books.
Rural towns are usually safe because potential home invaders know that people are armed. Brandishing a firearm saves lives but these instances are usually kept off the books because liberals don't want people to know that guns save lives. The ironic thing about crazy people is that it seems that only left wingers think that court ordered psychiatric counseling is a private matter and should not interfere with a person's 2nd Amendment "right". That kind of thinking led to the most notorious school shooting in history in Va. Tech Blacksburg.

Forum List

Back