We need to start thinking ahead in case states go the wrong way and still allow abortion

JuvenalsCat

Gold Member
May 28, 2020
Take Texas as an example, that state may turn light blue at some point in the next five or ten years. What happens when they become like liberal commie California and allow my daughter to abort our baby? We need to make federal laws that prevent this from happening. We have control of the supreme court. Now is our chance to make it happen. Do you really want to leave this up to the electorate?

Take Texas as an example, that state may turn light blue at some point in the next five or ten years. What happens when they become like liberal commie California and allow my daughter to abort our baby? We need to make federal laws that prevent this from happening. We have control of the supreme court. Now is our chance to make it happen. Do you really want to leave this up to the electorate?
This isn't a winning issue for democrats so I'm not worried about it.

The only way it becomes a winning issue for them is if states go too far in limiting abortion.

The abortion laws that get passed by the states will largely reflect what the voters of the states want.

You hooked up with your daughter?

The lesson of the last 49 years is that there is NO NATIONAL CONSENSUS on the question of what to do about abortion. The Democrats constantly try to convince "people" that "everyone" supports the "right to abortion," but that is a lie. The poll results depend entirely on how the question is presented.

And since there is no national consensus, it will have to be dealt with state-by-state. We will have states where abortion providers will provide services door to door, and states where it is practically impossible to get an abortion.

No consensus. No Constitutional Amendment, no Federal Law. Ain't happening.

The lesson of the last 49 years is that there is NO NATIONAL CONSENSUS on the question of what to do about abortion. The Democrats constantly try to convince "people" that "everyone" supports the "right to abortion," but that is a lie. The poll results depend entirely on how the question is presented.

And since there is no national consensus, it will have to be dealt with state-by-state. We will have states where abortion providers will provide services door to door, and states where it is practically impossible to get an abortion.

No consensus. No Constitutional Amendment, no Federal Law. Ain't happening.
Abortion should have always been a state issue.

Forum List

Back