A “great” Democrat leader once said this:

Did you read your own link?
Evidently not

They don’t object to Lincoln in the statue but the way blacks are depicted

Critics say the Emancipation Memorial — which shows Lincoln holding a copy of the Emancipation Proclamation as an African American man in a loincloth kneels at his feet — is demeaning in its depiction of African Americans and suggests that they were not active contributors to the cause of their own freedom.
Yeah, it’s demeaning because Democrats say so. But what Byrd said and did wasn’t demeaning, that’s why his statue is still standing.

Last edited:
Democrat protesters. Who else. denial Isnt a river in Egypt. Your party has a bad history of racism. Face it.
Yep. Democrats have a bad history of racism. Can't deny that. Fortunately, the party realized the need for change and changed. The racist history of the Democratic party is just that ---------history.

Yep. Democrats have a bad history of racism. Can't deny that. Fortunately, the party realized the need for change and changed. The racist history of the Democratic party is just that ---------history.
They changed so much that after a 100 years they elevated a KKK leader to leadership in the senate? :lmao:

Senator Strom Thurmond gave the longest filibuster in US history in opposition to the 1957 Civil Rights Act. In order not to surrender the floor, he would piss into a bucket while keeping one foot in the Senate chamber.

True story.

The man was a segregationist through and through.

In 1957, each party was fairly evenly split with both liberal and conservative members in both.

From that point forward, the Democrats party began shifting leftward, and the Republicans began shifting rightward.

When liberal Democrat John F. Kennedy was nominated by the Democrats in 1960, he chose Texan Lyndon Baines Johnson as his running mate to win over the conservatives in the Democratic party.

In fact, the reason JFK was in Dallas on November 22, 1963 was to woo those same conservatives for his re-election campaign. That's why he had right wing Democrat governor John Connally riding in the limo with him in the front seat.

When LBJ suddenly unmasked himself as a civil rights defender after assuming the presidency, segregationist Strom Thurmond quit the Democrats in disgust and joined the Republicans.

And thus the Republican Southern Strategy was germinated.

Ah, yes. It's the monthly "KKK wuz Democrats" topic. :lol:

The part you tards have been lied to by omission from your propagandists is that that those old timey racists were FAR RIGHT CHRISTIAN EXTREMIST Democrats/Republicans.

The KKK was and is a FAR RIGHT CHRISTIAN TERRORIST organization.

At this point, tards like you then say, "Oh, look. You hate Christians."

Because that's just how stupid you are.
So what you’re saying is the Democrats enlisted a far right Christian terrorist KKK leader into their party?

Ah I see, so after being a vile racist pig of the worst kind, it all got washed away because he joined the Democrat party. It doesn’t matter he came from a family of racist pigs, and what else he said about Blacks. The NAACP, which is corrupt arm of the Democrat party (just as the KKK was, funny!) has endorsed said racist pig, so let’s all move along folks. :lmao: :cuckoo:
Byrd never changed parties.

Why is it that so few Republicans today can match Sen Byrds record on Civil Rights?

Anyone on else notice the deflection by the usual lefty suspects here? Lincon/Indians, Strom Thurmond? Byrd was a racist, the NAACP is racist. Seems Leftys haven't really learned anything and Democrats are still racist.

america-first-kkk.jpg

We demand free government healthcare, more taxes on the rich, gun control, equal rights for homosexuals, abortion on demand, and most especially REPARATIONS FOR SLAVERY!

Why is it that so few Republicans today can match Sen Byrds record on Civil Rights?
They don't have to , they have not persecuted people of a certain skin color like Byrd. In any case, Byrds 'conversion' was purely political.

I seriously wonder just how much more disconnected from reality the Trumptards can get.

Anyone on else notice the deflection by the usual lefty suspects here? Lincon/Indians, Strom Thurmond? Byrd was a racist, the NAACP is racist. Seems Leftys haven't really learned anything and Democrats are still racist.
Yes, deflection. Toward REALITY, dipshit.

america-first-kkk.jpg

We demand free government healthcare, more taxes on the rich, gun control, equal rights for homosexuals, abortion on demand, and most especially REPARATIONS FOR SLAVERY!
Spoken like a true Marxist hater of America. Trying to divide US by skin color and trying to tear US down so that can 'build back better' which is a lie.

Byrd was in the Klan for about five minutes, dipshit.
5 minutes! Ha ha ha. Ya gotta love the ignorance. How about racism was in his Democrat family from generation to generation. How about he became a great recruiter and supporter of the KKK. Maybe that’s why the Democrats asked him to join. He had great talent. Went from one racist organization to another. It was a natural progression.

In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan in Sophia, West Virginia.[11][15]

As a young boy, Byrd had witnessed his adoptive father walk in a Klan parade in Matoaka, West Virginia.[26] While growing up, Byrd had heard that "the Klan defended the American way of life against racemixers and communists".[27] He then wrote to Joel L. Baskin, Grand Dragon of the Realm of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware, who responded that he would come and organize a chapter when Byrd had recruited 150 people.[26]

It was Baskin who told Byrd, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "Suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[28] Byrd became a recruiter and leader of his chapter.[15] When it came time to elect the top officer (Exalted Cyclops) in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.[15][29]

In December 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore G. Bilbo:

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.
— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944[15][30]none
In 1946, Byrd wrote a letter to Samuel Green, the Ku Klux Klan's Grand Wizard, stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."[31] The same year, he was encouraged to run for the West Virginia House of Delegates by the Klan's grand dragon; Byrd won, and took his seat in January 1947.[32][33

Spoken like a true Marxist hater of America. Trying to divide US by skin color and trying to tear US down so that can 'build back better' which is a lie.
I guess your detachment from reality still has not yet reached bottom.

Sad.

Forum List

Back