A good argument for a living wage.

A wage that allows you to be able to pay an affordable rate for housing that isn't crappy and a minimal amount of food, and doesn't require you to hold two and three jobs while having to room with two or three people..just to make ends meet.
Now, that's a discussion that brings in the topics of affordable housing and cost of living. Which are quickly coming to having to be discussed, accelerated by the pandemic.
In other words.

No one knows exactly what/how much a living wage is, it just sounds good.

Not really. A living wage can be calculated for a local based upon standard valuations. \

But the progressives contend any job should pay a living wage.
Notice that the calculator defines a living wage based on the employee's life situation, something an employer doesn't have the right to even ask about. IOW, it's not the same thing for everyone and thus should not be set by government fiat. Going by that calculator, people would get paid different amounts based on things that have nothing to do with job performance, and that basically makes businesses into welfare distribution centers.

Notice that the calculator defines a living wage based on the employee's life situation, something an employer doesn't have the right to even ask about. IOW, it's not the same thing for everyone and thus should not be set by government fiat. Going by that calculator, people would get paid different amounts based on things that have nothing to do with job performance, and that basically makes businesses into welfare distribution centers.
I'm not supporting paying a living wage for every job. In fact, I'm really against it, and it's an issue right now in where I live and a mayor trying to raise taxes.

Here is a novel idea. Don't live where you can't afford it. Many professionals making good money work in Manhatten and live in the suburbs because they can't afford to live where they work. I guess they aren't making a "living wage" and should be paid more.

The idea of a "living wage" is ridonkulous.

Here is a novel idea. Don't live where you can't afford it. Many professionals making good money work in Manhatten and live in the suburbs because they can't afford to live where they work. I guess they aren't making a "living wage" and should be paid more.

The idea of a "living wage" is ridonkulous.
Or do as many do and find some roommates until you gain the kind of income it takes to live independently.

People owe me stuff cuz I'm a defenseless & useless PROG. Someone give me a living wage already, I'll even work some of that off.

Because a business needs workers doesn't mean someone should be there filling the job. Perhaps all the places that can't find workers aren't worth working for. Want to grow your business grow it yourself without hiring.

Because a business needs workers doesn't mean someone should be there filling the job. Perhaps all the places that can't find workers aren't worth working for. Want to grow your business grow it yourself without hiring.
I Think the left hates the fact the govt is not involved in the salary...it's the employer and employee who agree on it.......the govt has no role and it fucking pisses the left off to no end.

Look here at this ignorant human. Lookie lookie, feed bad will at every corner

There's no bad will to be found. Do you really believe a business is entitled to workers? Lookie lookie. A labor hater.

Is this masked idiot making a living wage doing this?

1632268700373.png

You support it.

March 3, 2018
U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely.

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida.
“And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

Trump praises a communist.
Trump's cult praises communism.

Fucking retard.

That has nothing to do with the subject.

Forum List

Back