A consideration of the Biden bid for another term

I start this thread in “politics” despite the fact that I might be expected to be setting something up for purposes only of snark. Obviously, I’m not a fan of our President. I rarely refer to him by his actual name. But in this thread (starting with the headline) I do. Why? Because I’m actually kind of serious about this question.

Even though I root against him, it does seem as though President Biden is running for re-election. Some wonder if he will prevail. Others wonder if he is, instead, just a kind of stalking horse at this juncture, because he is old and frail, etc., leading to the thinking that he is going to get pulled from the race. That is, he will drop out by his own choice or by the decision made by others (not necessarily the voters).

Consider this article:

That got me to thinking “I wonder what his fans and detractors imagine (now) is the likely outcome of his effort to win rhe renomination of his Party?”

My hunch is that he is going to be informed of “his” decision. He is going to be informed that he’s done. It’s over. Time to pass the torch.

I’m not asking for anybody to vote in a meaningless Board “poll.” I am only wondering what we all really think is likely.

I can’t imagine a Kamala Harris candidacy at this point. I dread a Newsome campaign. So, is Biden going to stay in the race, more or less by default? Or is he essentially just a figure-head of a candidate at this point?

Biden is a rite of passage for Democrats and a bulwark against Trump's second term.

Biden is old and getting older yet....but a president not headed for jail has a very nice ring to it.

The incumbent always is the nominee since Johnson. Deny that
Why would I deny it?

And what does that have to do with this situation where the President is so old and arguably senile or worse?

The fact, here, I believe, is that there is a very good chance he will be told that he is not running. But we will see.

Of course he's going to run again, and his supporters will be behind him 100%.

Don't underestimate the propensity of crazy people to do the same thing over and over, while expecting different results. That's just what they naturally do.

I keep getting something of a premonition. Not really fortune telling , and sounds unserious, however the longer this keeps popping into my head it seems more possible.
What if Biden runs for president again, against Trump or Desantis, take your pick that part doesn't really matter.
So it goes like this;
On the way to a campaign event somewhere, there is an airplane crash and Biden and his choice of VP are killed. It is too close to election day to reprint the ballots. The election goes on and Biden wins.
What would this 'Night Court senario' say about our voting electorate, and why do I keep thinking of this?
Seriously, as crazy as our world has become, this is possible, maybe. I think....

I honestly am not looking for such shallow, trite merely political banter.

Amazing. This is from a guy that can't even fathom Biden, the President of the United States, making his own decisions.

Biden will run, and if there is a Democrat that can step up and give the party confidence that he or she is ready to take on the mantle, ready to carry the burden, be more than ready to take on Tump then that Democrat will win. Democrats yearn for younger leader, but that someone has to put on a solid campaign, has to get through the rite of passage.

Last edited:
Biden wins big. Newsome wins by a historic landslide. Kamala wins a tight one. GOP is too crazy for independents and normies on the right.

An easy win.

Duh.

You're projecting. Your guy may be addled and senile, but our guy is sharp. That's why he keeps slapping you all around so easily.

Anyone saying Biden is senility clearly isn't all-there themselves. It might be senility, or substance abuse, or they might be a moron, or they may just be lyingforfascism.
Trump can speak more than a minute and still make sense. Something Biden cannot do.

Why would I deny it?

And what does that have to do with this situation where the President is so old and arguably senile or worse?

The fact, here, I believe, is that there is a very good chance he will be told that he is not running. But we will see.
They are going to give in secrecy, run again and Hunter and you go down. Or just step down.

Forum List

Back