A consideration of the Biden bid for another term

I did that a lot in undergrad. There were some really cool indices. One I think was called “facts in five.” There was also a CIA index. It used to burn me up if I finally dug up a good source and the volume was either already checked out or the library didn’t have it at all.

Work. Yuck.
Yup. Good we were young and could tolerate it.

And I just remembered: The Reader’s Guide to Periodical Literature.

Paywalls or other requirements.
In May 2018, Politico reported that Trump was using a White House cellphone without sophisticated security features and that he declined to swap out his Twitter phone on a monthly basis, citing convenience.

By October 2018, the Times reported that intelligence showed Chinese spies were often listening to Trump’s conversations on his iPhone, and even that aides warned Trump that Russian spies were eavesdropping. Aides failed to prevail upon Trump to use more secure landlines. “White House officials say they can only hope he refrains from discussing classified information when he is on them,” the Times noted.

Trump disputed the Times’s report. But by late 2019, phone logs obtained in his first impeachment inquiry appeared to substantiate key aspects of the reporting.

In May 2018, Politico reported that Trump was using a White House cellphone without sophisticated security features and that he declined to swap out his Twitter phone on a monthly basis, citing convenience.

By October 2018, the Times reported that intelligence showed Chinese spies were often listening to Trump’s conversations on his iPhone, and even that aides warned Trump that Russian spies were eavesdropping. Aides failed to prevail upon Trump to use more secure landlines. “White House officials say they can only hope he refrains from discussing classified information when he is on them,” the Times noted.

Trump disputed the Times’s report. But by late 2019, phone logs obtained in his first impeachment inquiry appeared to substantiate key aspects of the reporting.
Oh. Did they “appear” to substantiate key aspects?

🙄

I start this thread in “politics” despite the fact that I might be expected to be setting something up for purposes only of snark. Obviously, I’m not a fan of our President. I rarely refer to him by his actual name. But in this thread (starting with the headline) I do. Why? Because I’m actually kind of serious about this question.

Even though I root against him, it does seem as though President Biden is running for re-election. Some wonder if he will prevail. Others wonder if he is, instead, just a kind of stalking horse at this juncture, because he is old and frail, etc., leading to the thinking that he is going to get pulled from the race. That is, he will drop out by his own choice or by the decision made by others (not necessarily the voters).

Consider this article:

That got me to thinking “I wonder what his fans and detractors imagine (now) is the likely outcome of his effort to win rhe renomination of his Party?”

My hunch is that he is going to be informed of “his” decision. He is going to be informed that he’s done. It’s over. Time to pass the torch.

I’m not asking for anybody to vote in a meaningless Board “poll.” I am only wondering what we all really think is likely.

I can’t imagine a Kamala Harris candidacy at this point. I dread a Newsome campaign. So, is Biden going to stay in the race, more or less by default? Or is he essentially just a figure-head of a candidate at this point?

A consideration of the Biden bid for another term​

Thanks for an exceptionally good post.
One thought, way back at the last election, was that he was only really there to get Harris in. It isn't over yet.

A consideration of the Biden bid for another term​

Thanks for an exceptionally good post.
One thought, way back at the last election, was that he was only really there to get Harris in. It isn't over yet.
Even though she couldn’t even attract enough interest from Democrat primary voters to get to the first contest. She had something like 2%. Just shows you the contempt the Democrat Party has for their own constituency - they don’t care what Americans want. They have a plan.

Whether they can win or not, the election will be stolen as necessary.
Every election in the recent past has been "stolen", just as the U.S. government has been, by the combined forces of the dualistic political party set-up this country suffers under. The people selected to be presented for high office have been woefully wanting in competence. There are intelligent, eloquent people mixed in with the duopoly's numbers, but they never emerge from the all-enveloping miasma of the two so-called parties.

Forum List

Back