A clear reason why we need closed Primaries

Write-in candidates who do not file the Certificate of Announcement will not have their name on the official list and votes will not be counted.

Then all they have to do is file the certificate, which I have a feeling they have to submit when they sign up for a primary.

Then all they have to do is file the certificate, which I have a feeling they have to submit when they sign up for a primary.

Parties aren't going to allow a candidate do that and remain a member of that party.

Maybe there is a candidate I really like. I shouldn't have to join a party to vote for them.

Voting is a right, not a privilege.
You do during the primaries as those are specifically for a private corporation.
Voting is a privilege. States can take that away from you like that. All they have to do is change their constitutions.

You do during the primaries as those are specifically for a private corporation.
Voting is a privilege. States can take that away from you like that. All they have to do is change their constitutions.

People like the system in WV. It's going nowhere.

Probably isn't definitely, and this just is the biggest and clearest example of a problem that has been out there for a while.

If primaries aren't closed, Republicans need to start doing the exact same thing.

Get some tranny CRT furry idiots on the Dem ballot in a middling district.
Unlike idiot Republicans, Democrats wouldn't nominate such a candidate.

One positive thing I see from the midterms is clear cut examples of why parties need closed primaries.

All the Extreme Republicans Boosted by Democrats in the Primaries Lost Their Midterm Races

And not "closed but you can switch your party registration the week before closed" but "closed by like 6 months closed".

Parties should be able to choose freely who they want running, not have a gamed candidate foisted on them by outsiders.
primaries are an election inside a private group and should be done by them without money or resources from the state,,

One positive thing I see from the midterms is clear cut examples of why parties need closed primaries.

All the Extreme Republicans Boosted by Democrats in the Primaries Lost Their Midterm Races

And not "closed but you can switch your party registration the week before closed" but "closed by like 6 months closed".

Parties should be able to choose freely who they want running, not have a gamed candidate foisted on them by outsiders.
The parties should be able to make whatever rules they want regarding how they nominate a candidate.

primaries are an election inside a private group and should be done by them without money or resources from the state,,

The thing is if the State mandates a procedure for a given primary, they should have to pay to run it. The process, not the campaigning.

The thing is if the State mandates a procedure for a given primary, they should have to pay to run it. The process, not the campaigning.
why is the state dictating rules to a private group???

they dont give my private group any money,, a lot of rules but no money

why is the state dictating rules to a private group???

they dont give my private group any money,, a lot of rules but no money

To simplify the process for the two major parties and to observe election laws that also dictate to primary voting.

They use Election Board machines because the government figures its the best way to keep the process observable.

To simplify the process for the two major parties and to observe election laws that also dictate to primary voting.

They use Election Board machines because the government figures its the best way to keep the process observable.
what a private group does is not the governments business and shouldnt be using my money,,,

I would take it a step further and declare both the major partys as terrorist organizations and ban them from elections and any other political activities,,

Forum List

Back