A clear reason why we need closed Primaries

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
They probably would have won anyways.

Probably isn't definitely, and this just is the biggest and clearest example of a problem that has been out there for a while.

If primaries aren't closed, Republicans need to start doing the exact same thing.

Get some tranny CRT furry idiots on the Dem ballot in a middling district.

One positive thing I see from the midterms is clear cut examples of why parties need closed primaries.

All the Extreme Republicans Boosted by Democrats in the Primaries Lost Their Midterm Races

And not "closed but you can switch your party registration the week before closed" but "closed by like 6 months closed".

Parties should be able to choose freely who they want running, not have a gamed candidate foisted on them by outsiders.
ok, I think i get it.. but can you give an example.. doesn't have to be a real-life one.. a hypothetical will do.. of gaming the system. Are u talking about people registering.. Oh.. yeh, i think i get it.. they register R but they are not R, just want to get a R candidate to go against what they think is a superior D candidate.. ?

??

ok, I think i get it.. but can you give an example.. doesn't have to be a real-life one.. a hypothetical will do.. of gaming the system. Are u talking about people registering.. Oh.. yeh, i think i get it.. they register R but they are not R, just want to get a R candidate to go against what they think is a superior D candidate.. ?

??

The link shows clearly where in this cycle people who weren't Republicans voted in the Republican primary either because it was open, or the ability to change parties was not limited by a large time point from the primary itself.

Probably isn't definitely, and this just is the biggest and clearest example of a problem that has been out there for a while.

If primaries aren't closed, Republicans need to start doing the exact same thing.

Get some tranny CRT furry idiots on the Dem ballot in a middling district.
I do agree they should be closed.

One positive thing I see from the midterms is clear cut examples of why parties need closed primaries.

All the Extreme Republicans Boosted by Democrats in the Primaries Lost Their Midterm Races

And not "closed but you can switch your party registration the week before closed" but "closed by like 6 months closed".

Parties should be able to choose freely who they want running, not have a gamed candidate foisted on them by outsiders.
Absolutely.
When is the last time a political party spent $40,000,000 supporting the candidate in THE OTHER PARTY??

It was a brilliant move.
And it shows the toxic effect Trump has nationally. Trumped backed anyone who praised him, no matter how ineffective or incompetent they were.
the Dems knew this and supported the loser candidates so they didn't have to run against more qualified candidates,

Last edited:
As a registered Independent you want to cut me out of the primaries.

No. It's about electing people for political office, not simply about your party.

The link shows clearly where in this cycle people who weren't Republicans voted in the Republican primary either because it was open, or the ability to change parties was not limited by a large time point from the primary itself.
Is there a site I can go to find irrefutable proof of this? (not that I doubt it happened.. it was actually a story on Fox News some time ago)

No. It's about electing people for political office, not simply about your party.
If therre are only 2 parties.. no Indep running

yeh.. OP is totally correct.

Funny...the Republicans are pushing for open primaries in NV.

excuse me folks----I just do not know---are votes in
primaries CHECKED for party registration of the voter?

Primaries are specifically for parties.
If you are indy, why should you have a say in a private corporations voting?
Answer is, you shouldnt.

The whole purpose of a partisan primary is for the PARTY to decide who they are going to put up in the general election.

You are not denied anything, you can join a party if you want a say in deciding what that party wants to present as their candidate.

The other option is a non partisan primary where the top 2-4 winners of that duke it out for the spot.

Primaries are specifically for parties.
If you are indy, why should you have a say in a private corporations voting?
Answer is, you shouldnt.

The government isn't a private corporation. Though it seems some of you seem to want to move in that direction.

Funny...the Republicans are pushing for open primaries in NV.

Open primaries, or non-partisan primaries?

I don't like non partisan primaries, but there is a difference between those and open ones.

Or ones where you can switch your party affiliation the same day so as to make them de facto open if not de jure.

Forum List

Back