A bit more of your merciful god.

Not true. We are all born ignorant. That is different from being born an atheist, and you know this. Being born ignorant what then matters is what we are taught.
There's a slight difference between ignorance and atheism.
But if fact, you were born a atheist, there's no need to be embarrassed about it.

Sadly, assuming ignorance at that point then being infected by religion, only emphasises your ignorance even further.
If you really believe there's a god and the other rubbish, you're as ignorant as a row of cats watching TV.

I have not once threatened anyone with hell--and nor have I ever been threatened with hell. In my entire life, I have only heard three homilies that referenced hell, and not one of those homilies were a threat to anyone.
I haven't bern threatened to eternal fire dozens of times and every one came from a godbotherer who couldn't convince me of the god shit.
You might consider that if you grew up being threatened with hell you may, indeed, have adopted ignorant habits as no one ever properly taught you scripture.
Here's a fact. As a child you were reminded of gods punishment if you sinned etc. Dont deny that or you are a liar. Its religions only defense.
Lesson One: Love God, love your fellow man. All the following lessons are commentary on the first.
Love your fellow man my arse. You rabid republican godbotberers hate atheist democrats with a passion unsurpassed.
Think about it. If the people who taught you truly loved God, would they portray Him as pushing children into hell?
No one taught me anything about your silly god shit. I can read a bible like you. It clearly mentions it.
If the people who taught you truly loved their fellow beings, would they be relating terrifying stories to children?
Yes. It is done all the time and in religious schools this very day and you know it. I don't understand why you are denying it.
If this is what happened to you, it is so terrible,
Not that terrible when it is a common weapon used by nuns, priests etc when brain washing kids.
I cannot even imagine if it had happened to me. Or my classmates. Or my students.
If you know about hell and sins etc, which you do, you know quite well it us used as a tool to indoctrinate kids. Dont be so silly to think I don't know you do.
I am truly sorry, Colin. It is horrifying to think of what your life must have been.
My life has been perfect. I have never lived under a celestial dictatorship, being watched 24/7 and forever concentrating to worshipping some ridiculous ghost anticipating eternity.
The alternative like yours is horrific to have that shit bashed into you as if it can save your life. Grow up.
It is like teaching a child to garden by whipping him with the thorns of roses.
Pretty similar.
You weren't even taught the first lesson. You were not taught love. You were taught fear.
I wasn't taught anything.
How could I love a god who mercilessly slaughtered thousands of innocent people for no reason. Who created diseases that take the lives of children like cancers and parasites that send them blind? How could you love that?
Wheres your merciful god when people are currently dying in Ukraine like flies?
If your all powerful gid existed he could see his very children were needlessly being slaughtered and stop it. But then again, it was a sport unique to him at one time also.

Don't lecture me with you mealy mouthed religious garbage. You don't even live on the same planet.
Youre life and that of millions of others has been destroyed by a hideous cruel joke on gullible fools and you fell for it.
Fuck you god and everything and person who promotes it

Logic itself is evidence for God. The abstract laws of logic are not man-made. They are objective, universal truths. I always chuckle when atheists bring up logic, because the atheist/materialist worldview cannot even account for logic. That puts them in a bind, they either have to deny logic itself (which is self-defeating, one must use logic in order to try to deny it) or they have to try to explain it in a way that fits with their worldview, which is impossible.

were the above true the consideration would include the mechanism for evolution the desert religions in retrospect try and repudiate for Earths biological origin and is a reason the above would not relate to those religions but would include the polytheistic spoken religion of antiquity passed down since the beginning of life and its heavenly metaphysical origin.

Daniel's prophecy pointed straight to Jesus. That's why the Magi showed up looking for the infant when they did, because almost 500 years before, Daniel told them where and when to look. He correctly identified the day Yeshua was to be revealed and nailed it. I'm sorry, but you're just going to have to deal with that reality. The prophecy is there, and Jesus is the fulfillment of that prophecy. The Jews wanted a warrior king, but God had a different plan, a plan to open the doors of access for the whole world to come to Him.

Let's say it this way. If you have someone different as the target of that prophecy, who was revealed to the world on Palm Sunday?

they spent nearly the entire 4th century writing the c bible ... those nuances as above and countless others were custom made for the purpose to enhance and legitimize their own particular narrative, the state religion of the roman empire - irregardless actual events.

there are no historical records of the 1st century religious itinerant even during the time of the events leading to their untimely departure it is beyond absurd to believe there is any timely knowledge or record of their birth or any circumstances that may have occurred relevant to their future endeavor.

You desperately want to be right, but you are not. It's just that simple, and leaves on the table the question as to why you're so angry about it and why you're so evangelical.

you are obsessed in denial of the uninterrupted historical records of all three desert religions - persecution and victimization of the innocent ...

1649553543840.png

... again the answer is provided - "It's just that simple".

you are obsessed in denial of the uninterrupted historical records of all three desert religions - persecution and victimization of the innocent ...

View attachment 628442

... again the answer is provided - "It's just that simple".
Wrong. As has already been said, Jesus taught peace and love, forgiveness and turning the other cheek. Some zealots over the ensuing centuries have performed hideous and violent acts in the name of His church. No sense it make.

But yeah: YOU stupidly, ignorantly and dishonestly seek to attribute all the crap to the actual church. Why? I don’t know why you’re an imbecile. I just see that you are.

Here's a fact. As a child you were reminded of gods punishment if you sinned etc. Dont deny that or you are a liar. Its religions only defense.
Not a fact, Colin. Have you even read Jesus' words in the New Testament? He was constantly saying, "Sins are forgiven." He didn't even make it future tense. "Your sins are forgiven."

Seriously. Who taught you the version of the New Testament you seem to think everyone else espouses?

The purpose of religion is to guide people through this life. Jesus has some great teachings about that. Have you given them a try?

Yes. It is done all the time and in religious schools this very day and you know it. I don't understand why you are denying it.
No, I don't know. Growing up, I attended Catholic school. It was not done at any time, never mind your "all the time". I know. I was there. Were you?

No, we don't. Everywhere I have lived, my life has been blessed by wonderful people.

Context matters. What, specifically, is the Bible addressing. Are you thinking of a particular verse?
Fuck off. You know I right. Why sidestep the issue?
The whole bloody thing is full of shit and lies. Go away you hypocrite godbotherer.

If you don't see how materialism is incompatible with absolute, transcendent meaningful truths, then you either haven't thought this through, or, I hate to say this, your mind is blind.

This thread is really beginning to show the truth of Psalm 14:1.
Yawn.

We have always used gods to explain things we are incapable of understanding.

And we do not understand more than 5% of the universe.

I have heard people say that ontological mathematics has reduced the entirety of the universe to nothing but a collection of sinusoidal waves and that all matter is nothing but thought. Or IOW a monist rather than a pluralistic view.

We cannot prove the god theory or the ontological mathematics theory.

I don't prescribe to the pluralistic view or the more common dualistic view of spirit/matter or mind/body

Matter, energy space and time are all the same thing and are completely interchangeable

Wrong. As has already been said, Jesus taught peace and love, forgiveness and turning the other cheek. Some zealots over the ensuing centuries have performed hideous and violent acts in the name of His church. No sense it make.

But yeah: YOU stupidly, ignorantly and dishonestly seek to attribute all the crap to the actual church. Why? I don’t know why you’re an imbecile. I just see that you are.

no, they taught liberation theology, self determination the religion of antiquity - transposed by the crucifiers and their nefarious 4th century c bible.

1649635505164.png

christians have been persecuting and victimizing the innocent ever since ...

- no one can keep you from sinning and their consequences but yourself.

hope that's helpful for answering your question ... unrepentant christian sinner, burn in hell for as long as it takes.

no, they taught liberation theology, self determination the religion of antiquity - transposed by the crucifiers and their nefarious 4th century c bible.

View attachment 628806

christians have been persecuting and victimizing the innocent ever since ...

- no one can keep you from sinning and their consequences but yourself.

hope that's helpful for answering your question ... unrepentant christian sinner, burn in hell for as long as it takes.
Ok so the answer is that you’re utterly unhinged.

if there is something you need, crucifier find a christian they've everything just for you.
I thought I mentioned already that you’re completely unhinged. Let me try to help out your tragically confused mind. I use that latter term very very loosely.

You’re an imbecile. You don’t know what the terms you are tossing around mean. You don’t know diddly shit about me. You don’t know what Christianity even means. And, last but not least, you’re an imbecile. Fuck off, now.

I thought I mentioned already that you’re completely unhinged. Let me try to help out your tragically confused mind. I use that latter term very very loosely.

You’re an imbecile. You don’t know what the terms you are tossing around mean. You don’t know diddly shit about me. You don’t know what Christianity even means. And, last but not least, you’re an imbecile. Fuck off, now.

nor to care too ...

you've yet to contribute anything of value - try a sober comment if possible. if you've ever had one.

Forum List

Back