A Biblical Marriage Lasts

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
upload_2019-9-20_20-7-0.png

Tahir Whitehead, who plays for the Oakland Raiders, his wife, Shann, prays with him, and for him, before every game...Get the picture?

#EquallYoked

I hope it does last for them, biblical or not.

But they are hardly an example of the title of the OP. They have been married for 6 years. I am twice divorced and both of my marriages lasted twice as long.

View attachment 280303

Tahir Whitehead, who plays for the Oakland Raiders, his wife, Shann, prays with him, and for him, before every game...Get the picture?

#EquallYoked
That's wonderful, Weatherman. :thup: Thanks for sharing the picture and the faith of two people, one of who risks his health in his profession, and the other whose faith places him in God's hands when she is helpless to protect him other than to care for him. It's all good.

But they are hardly an example of the title of the OP. They have been married for 6 years. I am twice divorced and both of my marriages lasted twice as long.
Your lack of Biblical principles support the title then.

Do they? While I may lack biblical principles, I was a very good husband. My first marriage lasted 15 years, and we are still friends. In fact, I gave my ex-wife away at her wedding a few months after same sex marriage was made legal. The second marriage was all on her.

But, the point I was making is that the couple you used as an example have only been together 6 years. Hardly anything to rave about. On average, the typical marriage in the US lasts 7 years. They haven't even made that mark yet.

Do they? While I may lack biblical principles, I was a very good husband. My first marriage lasted 15 years, and we are still friends. In fact, I gave my ex-wife away at her wedding a few months after same sex marriage was made legal. The second marriage was all on her.

But, the point I was making is that the couple you used as an example have only been together 6 years. Hardly anything to rave about. On average, the typical marriage in the US lasts 7 years. They haven't even made that mark yet.

The "typical" marriage in America does not last seven years--what are you talking about? People who get divorced often get divorced and divorced, skewing the divorce rate. You have two. Some have three, or four. So if you look at the length of FIRST marriages, it can be a lot longer than seven years. That's nowhere near the length of "typical" marriages.

That’s all nice, but the vow was for life. I’m coming up to 40 years and we are closer than we ever were.

The "typical" marriage in America does not last seven years--what are you talking about? People who get divorced often get divorced and divorced, skewing the divorce rate. You have two. Some have three, or four. So if you look at the length of FIRST marriages, it can be a lot longer than seven years. That's nowhere near the length of "typical" marriages.

Au contraire. How Long Does the Average Couple Stay Married?
"On average, the typical U.S. marriage that ends in divorce lasts just seven years."

That’s all nice, but the vow was for life. I’m coming up to 40 years and we are closer than we ever were.

Congrats. I am glad yours is lasting.

How wonderful for them. I hope they have a blessed life together.

We celebrated our 18th anniversary last March. Time sure does fly by...

"On average, the typical U.S. marriage that ends in divorce lasts just seven years."

THAT ENDS IN DIVORCE

That's not the "typical marriage"....just the ones that ends in divorce.

THAT ENDS IN DIVORCE

Easy to quit. Takes work and God to make it thru the valleys.

THAT ENDS IN DIVORCE

Half of all marriages end in divorce. But I see your point and concede the difference.

Care to share the survey statistics which support this claim? The ones I have seen show evangelical Christians having one of the highest divorce rates while atheists/agnostics with one of the lowest.

THAT ENDS IN DIVORCE

Half of all marriages end in divorce. But I see your point and concede the difference.

If you are entering a first time marriage your odds of STAYING married are 75%. As I said. Serial divorcees skew the statistics.

First, it isn't exactly correct. It used to be, but overall divorce rates have been falling for a few decades. The truth is, the average couple getting married today has more like a 75 percent chance of staying married. That means that only about 1 in 4 recent marriages are likely to end in divorce.

Second, the likelihood of divorce isn't the same for all couples. For some, the chance of a divorce is very slim, while for others, the chance of divorce is actually greater than 50 percent—for example, higher-order marriages have a higher divorce rates than we once attributed to all marriages. In other words, if you are entering into a second or third marriage, you face an approximately 75 percent chance of getting divorced, or possibly higher. Why is this? There are likely many possible reasons: If you have divorced before, you are statistically more likely to do it again. If your partner has also divorced before, then (as you might imagine) your joint risk of divorce is even higher. Studies show that those who consider divorce a viable option are more likely to choose it when times get tough. In addition, those who have previously divorced have ex-husbands and/or ex-wives, and often children from those earlier marriages in their circle. These additional people, and the issues they bring with them, can be "baggage" that puts a strain on a new relationship.

Do Half of All Marriages Really End in Divorce?

Marriage is really hard. You have to be with the same person every day, you have to have dinner together, you have to sleep in the same bed even. Then you have kids and things get even harder.

She is not 35 years old yet, girls go nuts at 35, if he can weather the storm that's coming...

Ha I have been married to my 2nd wife for 9 damn years now, I haven't seen her in 8 1/2 years, the perfect marriage :)

Ha I have been married to my 2nd wife for 9 damn years now, I haven't seen her in 8 1/2 years, the perfect marriage :)

Ummm......okay

Forum List

Back