93% of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

I work for a major hospital system. I won't say the admins love Obamacare but what they do love is stablization. Once the dust settles and there are more insured, the mission of a healthier community will become easier.

The great misnomer (i.e. lie) is that emergency care is something the Hosptial makes a ton of money on. Hardly. What we make money on is procedures. More covered procedures will mean more money for the system, for sure. The great thing about Obamacare is that it will move people to get routine and periodic check-ups instead of waiting until they are sick to self-present to the ER.

The trend is to close the trauma centers and move to ambulatory care clinics. We've increased the number of campuses in the system and actually decreased the number of ERs.

Are you Serious? You would have to drage people like me kicking and screaming for periodic check ups. Going to a quack is like going to DOT forget it and how come woman now are turning against Obama care? Last I read it was a 6% drop.

Salvatore Aversa: "The Republican Party can yell and scream about Obamacare all they want, but there is something that is not being explained. If the hospitals want it because it will reduce their costs, insurance companies want it because it will increase their customer base, and the American public wants it so they no longer have to worry about medical emergencies, who exactly are they trying to protect from it? Or is it they are simply looking for something to attack President Obama on?"

93 percent of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

Hospital executives think health reform is going to make the health care they deliver a whole lot better -- and a bit cheaper:
Fully 65 percent indicated that by 2020, they believe the healthcare system as a whole will be somewhat or significantly better than it is today. And when they were asked about their own institutions, the optimism was even more dramatic. Fully 93 percent predicted that the quality of care provided by their own health system would improve. This is probably related to efforts to diminish hospital acquired conditions, medication errors, and unnecessary re-admissions, as encouraged by financial penalties in the ACA.
<snip>

"The survey wasn't scientific by any means"

Enough said. The "study" is bogus.

And to complete the sentence you started but for some reason chose not to complete...

The survey wasn't scientific by any means, but in a speculative conversation that's proceeding mostly by anecdote, these individuals have a better vantage point on the changes that health reform is making to actual health-care systems than virtually anyone else.

The rest of the sentence doesn't alter the fact that they admit their "poll" is not scientific. I can make it appear that any group of people agrees with virtually anything if I don't have to use accepted polling methods to do it

Salvatore Aversa: "The Republican Party can yell and scream about Obamacare all they want, but there is something that is not being explained. If the hospitals want it because it will reduce their costs, insurance companies want it because it will increase their customer base, and the American public wants it so they no longer have to worry about medical emergencies, who exactly are they trying to protect from it? Or is it they are simply looking for something to attack President Obama on?"

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

Hospital executives think health reform is going to make the health care they deliver a whole lot better -- and a bit cheaper:
Fully 65 percent indicated that by 2020, they believe the healthcare system as a whole will be somewhat or significantly better than it is today. And when they were asked about their own institutions, the optimism was even more dramatic. Fully 93 percent predicted that the quality of care provided by their own health system would improve. This is probably related to efforts to diminish hospital acquired conditions, medication errors, and unnecessary re-admissions, as encouraged by financial penalties in the ACA.
<snip>

"The survey wasn't scientific by any means"

Enough said. The "study" is bogus.

Gallup polls aren't "scientific" either. They are generated by consensus.

Wrong, Peanut Brain, they are not generated by "consensus." The purport to be scientific. Upon investigation, that may turn out to be untrue. However, until you can prove they are frauds, then we have to accept their claims at face value.

I'm sure hospital admins are gleeful, as Delta4 said above. Expanded insurance policies will mean the docs and hospitals can perform more procedures, which generates billing to the insurance companies and fattens their bottom line. No mystery or twist of logic there. [/B]

In other words, even if your poll was accurate, it's meaningless in terms of the benefits to consumers of Obamacare.

I work for a major hospital system. I won't say the admins love Obamacare but what they do love is stablization. Once the dust settles and there are more insured, the mission of a healthier community will become easier.

The great misnomer (i.e. lie) is that emergency care is something the Hosptial makes a ton of money on. Hardly. What we make money on is procedures. More covered procedures will mean more money for the system, for sure. The great thing about Obamacare is that it will move people to get routine and periodic check-ups instead of waiting until they are sick to self-present to the ER.

The trend is to close the trauma centers and move to ambulatory care clinics. We've increased the number of campuses in the system and actually decreased the number of ERs.

When trauma care centers are closed people die who might otherwise live. If an ambulatory care center closes people have to wait longer to be seen.

The huge influx of mexicans crushing the California health care system has closed many trauma centers. Accident victims and shooting victims now have to go very long distances to get trauma care. They go by the cost killing helicopter medivac flights.

Clinics are better for immigrants who don't make doctor appointments and fail to use primary care doctors for that reason.

The mission of a healthier community?

When did that become the federals government JOB? and then to FORCE IT on us or they will FINE YOU?

what the hell country do we live in?

Are you Serious? You would have to drage people like me kicking and screaming for periodic check ups. Going to a quack is like going to DOT forget it and how come woman now are turning against Obama care? Last I read it was a 6% drop.

Many adults bypass seing a doctor; true. Most of the same adults take their kids to the doctor quite often though. Now they'll be insured with good insurance.

Obamacare is going to be fine; more people sign up every day.

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

<snip>
Sounds good, I'll take the word of the experts, thanks.

93% of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

That is what my daughter's father-in-law says, and he is a hospital administrator.

Poor Jake he just cant come to terms with the fact that his boy Obama, and his bullshit health insurance reform, which he supported is hurting millions of Americans and screwing up the entire Health care system....admit you were wrong and move on.

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

<snip>
Sounds good, I'll take the word of the experts, thanks.

Only if it agrees with your agenda. :eusa_whistle:

healthmyths blew his creditability a long time ago, and almost no one wishes to play his fantasy games.

You are a chicken shit LIAR!
How can I blow creditability when I provide LINKS to prove NOT my statements but the links!
HOW complicated Jake is it to answer these three questions...
Is is acceptable to use the number 10 million in the "uninsured" category WHEN THEY ARE NOT CITIZENS?
Subtract then from 46 million 10 million...leaves 36 million!
Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

Is it acceptable to count 14 million people THAT didn't know THEY need ONLY register with Medicaid and they are "insured"!
Subtract from 36 million the above 14 million and you get 22 million.. not 46, not 36 but 22 million!
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf

Finally you idiots don't understand that 18 million people who can afford their employers' health plan but spend less then an average of $1,000/year so
why would they need to be part of what ...POOL???
CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

That leaves after subtracting 18 million 4 F...king MILLION!
THAT's IT not 46 million but 4 million!

By the way the problem with the 14 million is totally exemplified by two people I personally know!
They qualify for Medicaid right now... but they are like MANY of those 14 million procrastinators! They don't fill out the forms!

I really don't understand why it is so complicated to understand that:
1) 10 million are not citizens!
2) 14 million need ONLY register with medicaid they are covered!
3) 18 million that don't NEED, Don't WANT and should NOT BE FORCED to buy to do what "increase what f...king POOL"???

4 million uninsured that need it can be simply covered by requiring ALL providers that see the "uninsured" send their claims to a set up insurance company
that pays all the eligible claims... forcing hospitals NOT to pad and pass on the "uninsured" costs AS THIS former hospital CEO said when asked:
"How do hospitals deal with the cost of the uninsured? Like any business, we pass it on to the paying customers.[/U][/I][/B]”
From PAGE 1 of this document: http://www.ncmedicaljournal.com/wp-content/uploads/NCMJ/mar-apr-05/Yarbrough.pdf

Unfortunately for people who think they are insured will find out when they go to the doctor that they are either actually uninsured or effectively uninsured.

For ordinary people a $6,000 deductible ( and up) means they are effectively uninsured. What they will get is an annual wellness exam.

The obvious problem with that is that executives-including insurance and hospital-know something about money and business; not healthcare. And the people are not assured that they will be able to afford O'care. At least folks who cannot afford insurance aren't presently being fined because of it.

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

<snip>

And its been reported for some months now that costs are indeed going down.

True that insurance companies won't be making the obscene profits but I think they'll survive somehow.

Hospitals won't be struggling to continue to afford expensive services like trauma and burn units. And, doctors can treat their patients instead of trying to figure out how to treat without treating.

Yes - Care has suffered on all levels except those with good insurance. Another lie from the right is that people in the US don't die for lack of health care. They do.

The whole system is geared to be profitable to insurance companies and drug companies.

Watergate - Nixon
Hostages - Carter
Contra Scandal - Reagan
Lewinsky - Clinton
Iraq - Bush II
Obamacare - who else?

Two of these will enter the lexicon as presidential screw-ups. Watergate and...?

comparing to this catastrophe, Watergate was not even a screw up.

A misunderstanding, probably :D

Forum List

Back