93% of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

I work for a major hospital system. I won't say the admins love Obamacare but what they do love is stablization. Once the dust settles and there are more insured, the mission of a healthier community will become easier.

The great misnomer (i.e. lie) is that emergency care is something the Hosptial makes a ton of money on. Hardly. What we make money on is procedures. More covered procedures will mean more money for the system, for sure. The great thing about Obamacare is that it will move people to get routine and periodic check-ups instead of waiting until they are sick to self-present to the ER.

The trend is to close the trauma centers and move to ambulatory care clinics. We've increased the number of campuses in the system and actually decreased the number of ERs.

I have no doubt that, from the perspective of executives of major health care firms, ACA will make health care 'better'. It certainly keeps them in the money.

Salvatore Aversa: "The Republican Party can yell and scream about Obamacare all they want, but there is something that is not being explained. If the hospitals want it because it will reduce their costs, insurance companies want it because it will increase their customer base, and the American public wants it so they no longer have to worry about medical emergencies, who exactly are they trying to protect from it? Or is it they are simply looking for something to attack President Obama on?"

Per the bolded, that my have been why they wanted it. But, alas, they're beginning to wake up to the truth that it's not that simple. And the true costs of the program, financial and otherwise, aren't worth it for many of them. They were sold a bill of goods and now they're angry about it.

That is what my daughter's father-in-law says, and he is a hospital administrator.
Curious Jake.
Care to tell me what city you live in?
I'll then tell you how much profit your largest hospital made in 2012.
PLUS I'll tell you how much that hospital OVERCHARGED sometimes 6,000% Medicare!

Then I'll explain how this happens and what the solution is.
But Please just tell me the city and let me PROVE to you your hospital has MESSED up BECAUSE of Congress act in 1986 Medicare dramatically and
the simple solution that would cost millionaires TAX money to reduce Medicare and health care costs in general.

For the record I'm probably the most knowledgeable person on this forum about Medicare for reasons I can't divulge as it might hurt my business!

So where do you stand on this? I too come out of the hospital industry.. although admittedly I am ten years out of it.

healthmyths blew his creditability a long time ago, and almost no one wishes to play his fantasy games.

healthmyths blew his creditability a long time ago, and almost no one wishes to play his fantasy games.

And the Washington Post is a mouth piece for the administration and blew their creditability long ago as well, but the far left still putts 99.9% stock in everything they post on their blog site.

I work for a major hospital system. I won't say the admins love Obamacare but what they do love is stablization. Once the dust settles and there are more insured, the mission of a healthier community will become easier.

The great misnomer (i.e. lie) is that emergency care is something the Hosptial makes a ton of money on. Hardly. What we make money on is procedures. More covered procedures will mean more money for the system, for sure. The great thing about Obamacare is that it will move people to get routine and periodic check-ups instead of waiting until they are sick to self-present to the ER.

The trend is to close the trauma centers and move to ambulatory care clinics. We've increased the number of campuses in the system and actually decreased the number of ERs.

Tell me what city you live in and I'll tell you how much the largest hospital OVERCHARGES Medicare sometimes by 6,000%!
All due to "padding and passing" of quote the "uninsured"

The simplest solution would have been to recognize FIRST THERE NEVER WERE 46 million uninsured when 10 million are illegal citizens, 14 million are ignorant their poverty
level qualifies for Medicaid and the most egregious FABRICATION.. 18 million that CAN afford but pay less then $1,000 out of pocket less then their employers' health plans!
These 42 million were included in the phony 46 million!

So take the truly 4 million and insure them by creating the "Uninsured Health Ins. Co.©" which is where any means tested patient would be registered and ALL claims
sent by the provider. Thus hospitals wouldn't be padding and passing on sometimes at 6,000% markup... and would be audited to prevent that!

Where would the funding come from??
Tax lawyers 10% like ACA taxes tanning salons! $270 billion in lawyers income would pay a $5,000 premium for each of the truly 4 million uninsured!
Then for good measure TIE the tax rate to reduce AS the $850 BILLION in defensive medicine that 90% of physicians say they practice!
90% of physicians say they order $850 billion a year in wasted duplicate tests, referrals all out of FEAR of being SUED!
Physicians estimate the cost of defensive medicine in US at $650 to $850 billion per year
Health News Observer ? Physicians Estimate The Cost Of Defensive Medicine In Us At 650 To 850 Bill Articles

As the $850 billion decreases and AS the hospitals audited won't be padding sometimes at 6,000% anymore.. HEALTH INSURANCE premiums will decline!
They will decline because state insurance regulators LOOK at the medical liability ratios and if they are too low.. PREMIUMS are adjusted by the states!

MY point is if it was good enough to tax tanning salons why not lawyers and use the $27 billion a year to pay the premiums for the truly 4 million uninsured!
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Here is a little bit about the author of this lame Obama administration piece:

Ezra Klein is a columnist at the Washington Post, as well as a contributor to MSNBC. His work focuses on domestic and economic policymaking, as well as the political system that’s constantly screwing it up. He’s appeared on The Rachel Maddow Show, Charlie Rose, Real Time with Bill Maher, The McLaughlin Report, the Colbert Report, and many more. He really likes graphs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/2011/02/24/ABifXwI_page.html

Here is a little bit about the author of this lame Obama administration piece:

Ezra Klein is a columnist at the Washington Post, as well as a contributor to MSNBC. His work focuses on domestic and economic policymaking, as well as the political system that’s constantly screwing it up. He’s appeared on The Rachel Maddow Show, Charlie Rose, Real Time with Bill Maher, The McLaughlin Report, the Colbert Report, and many more. He really likes graphs.

Ezra Klein - The Washington Post

Ezra, Oh bite me.

:lol:

Nuff said.

And the Washington Post is a mouth piece for the administration and blew their creditability long ago as well, but the far left still putts 99.9% stock in everything they post on their blog site.

All of that is overstated but if it floats your boat.

All of that is overstated but if it floats your boat.

Nope this thread proves it beyond a shadow of doubt that no matter what the far left media prints the far left (like you) will believe it without question or hesitation.

That is what my daughter's father-in-law says, and he is a hospital administrator.
Curious Jake.
Care to tell me what city you live in?
I'll then tell you how much profit your largest hospital made in 2012.
PLUS I'll tell you how much that hospital OVERCHARGED sometimes 6,000% Medicare!

Then I'll explain how this happens and what the solution is.
But Please just tell me the city and let me PROVE to you your hospital has MESSED up BECAUSE of Congress act in 1986 Medicare dramatically and
the simple solution that would cost millionaires TAX money to reduce Medicare and health care costs in general.

For the record I'm probably the most knowledgeable person on this forum about Medicare for reasons I can't divulge as it might hurt my business!

So where do you stand on this? I too come out of the hospital industry.. although admittedly I am ten years out of it.

First of THERE NEVER WAS A CRISIS requiring ACA!
Please explain to me why the biggest LIE told has yet to be agreed as a LIE by people like YOU... coming from the hospital industry?
There never were 46 million "uninsured" that were legal, that didn't know they were already eligible and WANTED insurance!
10 million per the census of the 46 million are not citizens!
14 million are people who told Census 'I'm uninsured" but didn't know at their poverty level.. ALL they need do is register with MEDICAID! It didn't take ACA to do that!
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
18 million people (later called Free-loaders by Pelosi,et.al.) make over $50,000 a year. Spend out of their own pocket less then the cost of their employers' health plans!
http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=18426
YET they are counted! To beef up the numbers to make it look like a CRISIS!
Subtract the above 42 million from 46 million and there are TRULY 4 million that want and need insurance...NOT 46 million!

Those people go to hospitals when needing medical care... you know that.
But the hospitals pad and pass sometimes by 6,000% to Medicare/insurance companies to recoup!
Read what a hospital CEO said:"How do hospitals deal with the cost of the uninsured? Like any business, we pass it on to the paying customers.”
From PAGE 1 of this document: http://www.ncmedicaljournal.com/wp-content/uploads/NCMJ/mar-apr-05/Yarbrough.pdf
"Pass it on"!!!

So why not just means test the "uninsured" that comes in. Determine if they are truly "uninsured".. Perform the services AND THEN bill the
"Uninsured Health Ins. Co.©" a company that contracts with HHS to pay the claims sent by hospitals for the TRULY uninsured!
Source of money?
ACA taxed tanning salons 10$ because they cause cancer! fine.
TAX lawyers 10% of their $270 billion a year and use the $27 billion to pay the $5,000 a year premium for each of the truly 4 million uninsured!
Tie the tax declining to the declining $850 billion a year physicians say they charge because they fear lawsuits!
So as the hospitals can't 'pad and pass" (due to audits ) Medicare/insurance companies costs decline!
As the $850 billion is reduced by fewer defensive testing claim submissions, insurance/medicare rates decline!
When they declines states will force insurance companies to lower premiums as the average ins. company pays out 80% of premiums in claims!

That's the solution... NOT THIS JUGGERNAUT that is destroying health care system and all for 4 million truly uninsured????

Last edited:
Leaving aside the huge and obvious errors in this survey, since we are more than one week away from the first Ocare patient being treated I wonder when and on what basis these answers were given? The answers were not based on factual knowledge since there is no hard data on how Ocare will operate in practice. Therefore other than puffery what is the point?

And 100% of hospital executives ar earning obscene amounts of wealth because of other people's misfortune. Of course they're for it. Any legal requirement to buy insurance lines their own pockets. And if they can bill an insurance company instead of swallowing costs themselves as often seen in emergency room visits by the uninsured they'll be all for it. It's why hospital expenses are so absurd. An asprin may cost 10's of dollars, but because they're billing an insurance company no one burns the hospital down.

Spot on, Delta4.

Yet you two liberal morons don't realize that more people are losing NOT gaining insurance. Most of the young and healthy people we were told would flock to Obaminationcare and sign up are getting sticker shock and staying away. Even sick people are finding out they still can't afford insurance. The poor will still go to the emergency room without coverage and of course illegals will still use the emergency room like a primary care physician.

Obaminationcare fixed nothing! It only added more problems!

Salvatore Aversa: "The Republican Party can yell and scream about Obamacare all they want, but there is something that is not being explained. If the hospitals want it because it will reduce their costs, insurance companies want it because it will increase their customer base, and the American public wants it so they no longer have to worry about medical emergencies, who exactly are they trying to protect from it? Or is it they are simply looking for something to attack President Obama on?"

93 percent of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

Hospital executives think health reform is going to make the health care they deliver a whole lot better -- and a bit cheaper:
Fully 65 percent indicated that by 2020, they believe the healthcare system as a whole will be somewhat or significantly better than it is today. And when they were asked about their own institutions, the optimism was even more dramatic. Fully 93 percent predicted that the quality of care provided by their own health system would improve. This is probably related to efforts to diminish hospital acquired conditions, medication errors, and unnecessary re-admissions, as encouraged by financial penalties in the ACA.
<snip>

"The survey wasn't scientific by any means"

Enough said. The "study" is bogus.

And to complete the sentence you started but for some reason chose not to complete...

Over at Health Affairs, Andrew Steinmetz, Ralph Muller, Steven Altschuler and Ezekiel Emanuel decided to see how health reform looked to hospital executives. They surveyed 74 C-Suite executives from institutions that, on average, employed 8,520 workers and saw annual revenues of $1.5 billion. The survey wasn't scientific by any means, but in a speculative conversation that's proceeding mostly by anecdote, these individuals have a better vantage point on the changes that health reform is making to actual health-care systems than virtually anyone else.

The Supreme Court only ruled on one small area of Obamacare. Whether it was a fee or a tax, Roberts legislated from the bench that it was a tax.
If it had remained a fee, they had voted 7-2 against it. :eusa_whistle:

lol, why didn't they make it 100% and stop playing with the poor people who falls for this article from the Washington Compost

my gawd, the propaganda just keeps a coming for this outrageous OScamCare

good ole Ezra still on his knees for Obama

Last edited:
93% of hospital administrators say ocare wii make health care better.

Then they go back to their hospitals and say their hospital will not accept ocare.

Forum List

Back