Buy Foreign

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Using the index as a guide, I went through parts of the ACA at this website:

I wondered if the bill ordered Americans to buy a plan and keep it forever; so I specifically looked for a prohibition against an individual making one forced payment —— then cancelling the policy. I could not find anything that prohibits such a strategy to avoid paying the yearly fine forever after.

In addition, I could not find a prohibition against buying a policy from a foreign based insurance company. I know the government won’t allow foreign companies to sell healthcare insurance on American soil, but there is no prohibition ——THAT I COULD FIND —— that says hospitals and doctors cannot accept payment from a foreign-based company.

Prohibitions may be in the bill. I am saying I could not find them.

Finally, I am well-aware the possibility for massive rip-offs exists. I also see an opportunity for a conglomerate of reputable, foreign-based, insurance companies selling policies through the mail, or on-line, or over the telephone so long as first contact is made by the purchaser and not the seller. Instead of BUY AMERICAN, the slogan for healthcare insurance could become BUY FOREIGN.

Let me be clear on this. I AM NOT A LAWYER NOR DO I HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILL OR EXPERIENCE IN INTERPRETING LAWS.

Does anybody in Washington realize that the American insurance industry controlled by the government is the ultimate hardship? An exemption from their death grip is what Americans need. I’ll compromise. Instead of an exemption how about competition in that holiest of holies —— the global marketplace —— the public hears so much about.

images

Section 1411(c)(5)(A) of the Affordable Care Act grants Sebelius the power to grant a “hardship exemption,” but as Forbes Magazine’s Avik Roy explains, the Obama administration “has, in effect, declared that Obamacare’s regulations are themselves a ‘hardship’ worthy of mass exemption.” He further notes that this latest change has “thrown the individual insurance market into chaos.”

XXXXX

All of it will wreak havoc on the insurance companies, many of whom richly deserve such chaos for climbing into bed with Democrats and the Obama administration in the first place. And it happened only a week after Sebelius “urged” insurance companies to adopt additional measures. She “suggested” that they give consumers additional time to pay their premiums past today’s deadline for coverage beginning January 1, that they treat out-of-network providers as in-network, and refill prescriptions from previous plans.

If they don’t adhere to such urges and suggestions? “The regulatory fine print reveals that HHS intends to kick insurers off the exchanges if they don’t obey,” the Wall Street Journal reveals. “Having destroyed the old individual market, HHS will only certify the new ‘qualified health plans’ if insurers ‘adopt policies to prevent disruptions in treatment of episodes of care.’”

Obamacare Chaos Continues
By Arnold Ahlert Monday, December 23, 2013

ObamaCare Chaos Continues

Forum List

Back