9-0 Supreme court decision supports religious freedom......a good day for freedom in America....

It's not quite that simple. It might be as time goes on.

This man applied for a job he knew would give him Sundays off.

He was hired based upon that schedule and worked that schedule.

Amazon wanted their packages delivered and this man balked.

Now I imagine it gets a little more complicated if you are applying for a job you know that you have to work Sundays.

We will see.

But if you don't like this ruling, blame Amazon.
Oh I'm squarely in the Fuck Amazon camp as it regards what Bezo's sweetheart deal did to the USPS. That shit nearly gutted the small rural PO I deal with.

One guy showed-up on a Sunday morning to load his mail Jeep and saw that he would have to load it three more times and just said "no mas" and quit on the spot.

They lot all but one of their rural carriers over that shit.

Sheesh .. Is accommodating people of religious faith all that much of a burden on society, I don’t think so, if fact, most of the assholes I encounter have no faith.

Oh I'm squarely in the Fuck Amazon camp as it regards what Bezo's sweetheart deal did to the USPS. That shit nearly gutted the small rural PO I deal with.

One guy showed-up on a Sunday morning to load his mail Jeep and saw that he would have to load it three more times and just said "no mas" and quit on the spot.

They lot all but one of their rural carriers over that shit.

Ten years ago, the Postal Service was considering ending Saturday deliveries. It was universally acknowledged that email would kill the Post Office

Amazon and package delivery saved them

As a side benefit, the mail wasn't delivered on Sundays until Amazon wanted their packages delivered on Sundays.

Hopefully every employee takes advantage of this and refuses to do so.
all the years i worked there we always delivered certain types of mail on Sundays.....well the new guys did anyway....

You're in love with Mohammed, aren't you. Come on, you can admit it. No judgment here.

Well, okay, maybe just a little.

Nope, unlike you I do not need to participate in a religion to think it should be allowed.

So now a nurse can become a 7th Day Adventist and never have to work another Saturday!
/——/ Ellen G White groans and eye rolls.
1688079944469.jpeg

Ten years ago, the Postal Service was considering ending Saturday deliveries. It was universally acknowledged that email would kill the Post Office

Amazon and package delivery saved them
they were talking about Sat delivery for decades....they knew it would just create more of what they were trying to cut back on if they did that.....OT....

According to the article he didn't have to until Amazon.

I think a private company should be able to set the schedule they want......the USPS is a government agency and shouldn't be allowed to violate Rights...........

According to the article he didn't have to until Amazon.
well he was a rural carrier....different ballgame than a city carrier.....we (city carriers) were told until you make regular you may have to work 10 hours a day,maybe work your day off and if needed on sundays......

I think a private company should be able to set the schedule they want......the USPS is a government agency and shouldn't be allowed to violate Rights...........

Again. He was hired into a job that didn't violate his principles.

well he was a rural carrier....different ballgame than a city carrier.....we (city carriers) were told until you make regular you may have to work 10 hours a day,maybe work your day off and if needed on sundays......

But you were told that when hired.

When the Constitution was drafted, religion was synonymous with Christianity. Allowances for Judaism, of course.
Lefties tend to underestimate the intelligence of the Founding Fathers but they were ten times smarter than the average politician today. The 1st Amendment didn't specify Christians and Jews. The wording was intentionally vague to include all religious affiliations.

I guess I must be trying to say, you're a moron who doesn't respect foundational freedoms
Foundational freedoms like using religion to determine what days/times you can work? Sure, I don’t have a problem with that.

Just don’t be surprised when people make up wacky religions so that they can determine their own work schedule. You know, foundational freedoms and all.

Forum List

Back