8 Successful and Aspiring Black Communities Destroyed by White Neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't you [IM2] discuss racial issues in a for real manner?
From the outside it seems to me the reason is many US whites will not accept there is any legacy damage from centuries of oppression slavery followed by apartheid.

That a section of the populace can be deprived of the ability to build assets and education for centuries then be expected to match citizens whose ancestors have not faced those hardships is incredible to me.

It's the very expression of white privilege. Which is, of course, denied.
Bull shit. Nearly ALL whites know terrible wrongs were committed against blacks.

The whites here are always talking about black failure and how whites had It just as tough. To them blacks are just too dumb to make it. We have failed because it's our own fault. We haven't built anything because we are inferior. But the reason why I say the lot of you are mental cases suffering from psychosis because it's that, or your asses are simply naturally and inherently evil people due to the fact that you deny the truth. So I can excuse this with psychosis, but if you are purposefully doing this, the problem is far worse than that and it cannot be cured. Call me what the fuck you want for saying that, but this is what many of you are showing.

And fuck the excuses. Because not a penny was spent by the cities to rebuild these communities.

Look at what crybabies whites were when England treated them like second class citizens. We armed ourselves and revolted.

Now yheyre surprised doing it to blacks has turned a very small percent of them violent

And all England did was tax their tea.

P.s. England thought white Americans were uncivilized savages who didn’t fight by the rules. White Americans had to resort to dirty tactics just like ISIS does today

Not at all. Murdering women and children was NOT part of the Revolution. A very tenuous link at best; downright lie at worst.

So the colonials were vermin like Isis?? Really really hugely WRONG!!!!

Greg

The is no doubt wrongs were committed in the past. No one denies this, but living in the past does you no favors. It evidently fills you with hate and racism toward whites today, who had nothing to do those wrongs you carry so prominently on your shoulders.

When you stop celebrating the fourth of July you can tell me I need to stop talking about the past. In the meantime:

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after you’ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism you’ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.

Your opinion is not a peer reviewed study.
You are one sad individual.

We were told when Obama became the first black POTUS, that racial relations would improve. Like so much with Big Ears, the opposite is true.

The whites here are always talking about black failure and how whites had It just as tough. To them blacks are just too dumb to make it. We have failed because it's our own fault. We haven't built anything because we are inferior. But the reason why I say the lot of you are mental cases suffering from psychosis because it's that, or your asses are simply naturally and inherently evil people due to the fact that you deny the truth. So I can excuse this with psychosis, but if you are purposefully doing this, the problem is far worse than that and it cannot be cured. Call me what the fuck you want for saying that, but this is what many of you are showing.

And fuck the excuses. Because not a penny was spent by the cities to rebuild these communities.

Look at what crybabies whites were when England treated them like second class citizens. We armed ourselves and revolted.

Now yheyre surprised doing it to blacks has turned a very small percent of them violent

And all England did was tax their tea.

P.s. England thought white Americans were uncivilized savages who didn’t fight by the rules. White Americans had to resort to dirty tactics just like ISIS does today

Ahh, Guy Fauks Day when Engishmen run wild.

thanks for the history lesson

1919 was a shit year to be black near or in liberal cities.

Do you have any examples of something a bit more modern?

When you stop celebrating the fourth of July we'll talk about more modern things.

that's fucking idiotic.

just say you have nothing and ask to shut down your thread.

1919 is no excuse for the failure of black communities of today.

damn, I was really hoping to get some facts from you.

It is difficult to debate someone so full of hate and racism toward whites, based on an unreal view of reality.

When you stop celebrating the fourth of July we'll talk about more modern things.

that's fucking idiotic.

There is much wisdom to be gleaned from the past. Why whites chose to hide the Greenwood and Rosewood massacres from public scrutiny all these years is quite telling.
But although the massacre of hundreds of blacks is historically signficant, the cover up surrounding the wanton destruction and looting of .Black enclaves where they had set such shining examples of entrepreneurial success is even more important. Knowledge of the existence of those successful black towns was intentionally suppressed for almost 60 years or so.

The importance of mentioning those early 20th century examples here is that Greenwood , OK (Tulsa), Rosewood, Fla.and the other Black run towns is de facto PROOF that Blacks can not only govern themselves but did so in asuch a superior manner that made them the envy of the less affluent white farm towns around them. It seems whites resented rhe successof blacks just as much as they resent the success of JEWS. The. Historical message is clear.

Stop living in the past, it's making you upset and full of hate. You need some Positive Vibrations, mon.

that's fucking idiotic.

It is difficult to debate someone so full of hate and racism toward whites, based on an unreal view of reality.

she brought up history that predated my families arrival, so I wanted to see if she had anything post WW2.

she didn't have anything so she made up a conversation in her head and made accusations base on it.

It's pointless to converse with someone in their own fantasy.

that's fucking idiotic.

There is much wisdom to be gleaned from the past. Why whites chose to hide the Greenwood and Rosewood massacres from public scrutiny all these years is quite telling.
But although the massacre of hundreds of blacks is historically signficant, the cover up surrounding the wanton destruction and looting of .Black enclaves where they had set such shining examples of entrepreneurial success is even more important. Knowledge of the existence of those successful black towns was intentionally suppressed for almost 60 years or so.

The importance of mentioning those early 20th century examples here is that Greenwood , OK (Tulsa), Rosewood, Fla.and the other Black run towns is de facto PROOF that Blacks can not only govern themselves but did so in asuch a superior manner that made them the envy of the less affluent white farm towns around them. It seems whites resented rhe successof blacks just as much as they resent the success of JEWS. The. Historical message is clear.

ok, you basically repeated the video.

Do you have any proof that they were intentionally covered up and intentionally kept covered up for those 60 years?

and what's the modern excuse for not have examples of growing black communities? keep in mind you can't claim they knew white people would destroy it b/c it was all covered up.

The is no doubt wrongs were committed in the past. No one denies this, but living in the past does you no favors. It evidently fills you with hate and racism toward whites today, who had nothing to do those wrongs you carry so prominently on your shoulders.

When you stop celebrating the fourth of July you can tell me I need to stop talking about the past. In the meantime:

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after you’ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism you’ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.

I didn't do that.

I asked a very simple question, if you're to much of a fucking coward to respond directly, why even reply..

I never claimed that racism is dead.

I gave you an answer, You don't get to talk about living in the past and ancient history and celebrate it at the same time. You whites celebrate all kids of things you weren't around for or had nothing to do with, but when called out on these matters there are always excuses. You can cite how history impacts today in every situation but when it's shown that whites are the perps of wrongdoing. You are able to speak about long term damage of all kinds of things except white racism. According to those like you, white racism created only temporary damage, and even as the damage has never been addressed, you declare how things just suddenly disappeared. And even as you have benefitted from it all, you want to talk about how you aren't responsible.

You seem unable to deal with reality. Here we have threads in this forum with real people posting virulent white racist garbage. Some of these people own businesses. Some of them are in management. Some are loan officers, others work in real estate. You seem to miss the fact these are words spoken by real people and they are white racists. And for some odd reason you read the crap and actually think these people are out in the world practicing non discrimination against people of color. Yet you tell yourself a lie about how things are ancient when you read the racism right in front of your face.What people like you and many here prove is there are whites who have the same racist attitudes whites had 100, 150, and 200 years ago.

That's living in the past.

I didn't do that.

I asked a very simple question, if you're to much of a fucking coward to respond directly, why even reply..

I gave you an answer, You don't get to talk about living in the past and ancient history and celebrate it at the same time. You whites celebrate all kids of things you weren't around for or had nothing to do with, but when called out on these matters there are always excuses. You can cite how history impacts today in every situation but when it's shown that whites are the perps of wrongdoing. You are able to speak about long term damage of all kinds of things except white racism. According to those like you, white racism created only temporary damage, and even as the damage has never been addressed, you declare how things just suddenly disappeared. And even as you have benefitted from it all, you want to talk about how you aren't responsible.

You seem unable to deal with reality. Here we have threads in this forum with real people posting virulent white racist garbage. Some of these people own businesses. Some of them are in management. Some are loan officers, others work in real estate. You seem to miss the fact these are words spoken by real people and they are white racists. And for some odd reason you read the crap and actually think these people are out in the world practicing non discrimination against people of color. Yet you tell yourself a lie about how things are ancient when you read the racism right in front of your face.What people like you and many here prove is there are whites who have the same racist attitudes whites had 100, 150, and 200 years ago.

ok, I'll be reasonable with you one last time.

do you have any modern examples of these attacks happening?

don't read anything into the question, it's a yes/no. If yes please post a link b/c I'd like to read it.

please spare me your imaginational rants that have nothing to do with me or the question I asked.

any other answer other then yes or no is not an actual answer but just a response to avoid answering the question directly.

please be reasonable or don't respond.

There absolutely is no real discussion.
Because many of the participants cannot accept there is any legacy damage, or that they are liable in any way for the excesses and errors of previous governments. It's called white conservative innocence. How can there be any real discussion in those circumstances?

The present generation of posters were alive in the Jim Crow era, their parents permitted, enabled or encouraged it. There's gonna be a period of denial, etc etc before acceptance comes.

Oh bullshit! My ancestor lost an arm leading black troops in the Civil War. Does that mean I'm due "reparations" because of "legacy damage"?

The thing that's holding back black communities in the US today isn't "white conservative innocence"...it's the failure of sixty years of "naive liberal policies"! People on the left have to blame white conservatives for the plight of the black community in cities that have been run by Democrats for decades because their only other choice is to admit that what they did FOR the black community ended up HURTING the black community!

that's fucking idiotic.

she brought up history that predated my families arrival, so I wanted to see if she had anything post WW2.

she didn't have anything so she made up a conversation in her head and made accusations base on it.

My ancestors fought to free the slaves, one died at 18 years of age outside Atlanta. They were devout Christians and ardent abolitionists. I told this to the OP, but it meant nothing to a intolerant racist full of hate.

I didn't do that.

My ancestors were Irish. They were terribly treated by the Limeys...many died of starvation during the Potato Famine. Do I cry about it like a cry baby, as you do every day on this forum?

Get over yourself.

75 Years Later, Tulsa Confronts Its Race Riot

The Tulsa of 1921 was awash in oil money, so much so that even the poorer,predominantly black Greenwood section enjoyed a measure of prosperity that earned it a reputation as "the Negro Wall Street of America."

All that changed in the span of a few hours on June 1 of that year, when Greenwood burned in one of the worst incidents of racial violence in the nation's history, one that left scores of people dead and 40 city blocks looted, then leveled. Twenty-three churches and 1,000 homes and businesses were ruined.

But as the years and then decades passed, Tulsa seemed determined to forget the riot. No memorial was erected; no citywide commemoration was held; not a single person was ever charged with the deaths or the fires. In the city library, articles about the riot and the formation of white lynch mobs were simply cut out of that day's issue of The Tulsa Tribune.

And when the 50th anniversary arrived, "as bitter as the wounds were, nobody really wanted to talk about it," recalled the Rev. G. Calvin McCutchen Sr., pastor of Mount Zion Baptist Church. "It's almost as if it never occurred."

75 Years Later, Tulsa Confronts Its Race Riot

and what's the modern excuse for not have examples of growing black communities?

The are growing black communities

10 of the Richest Black Communities in America
10 of the Richest Black Communities in America

There would be more if not for white racism..

How the U.S. Government Locked Black Americans Out of Attaining the American Dream

Let’s start at the beginning. What is the genesis of the racial wealth gap?

It all starts with slavery. When we fought over slavery and, as an institution, it dissolved, we never confronted the justifications around it. Those things lingered, and so did this desire, this need—especially in the South—to use blacks as labor and not capital. Black bodies were capital, but blacks themselves could not control capital. They had to be labor. That lingered well after slavery.

In order to create wealth, you need capital. And if you are capital, and if you’re only subscribed to labor based on Jim Crow laws—which is exactly the purpose for Jim Crow in the southern economy, post-slavery—then you can’t build wealth. So that’s the genesis of the wealth gap. What I show in the book is that it doesn’t resolve itself. From the Civil War until today, the wealth gap has barely budged. In fact, the total amount of wealth owned by the black population has not grown at all appreciably—not noticeably—in the last 150 years.

More.

OK, let’s talk about the flip side of that: racial inclusion. How historically, middle-class white people were included in these sweeping government programs that helped them get a business loan, get a college education, get a house. I feel like that’s something that gets left out of the conversation, is delineating how many sweeping government programs there have been with the express purpose of building up white wealth.

To the extent that white Americans became middle class, it is through the credit infrastructure that was bolstered and sponsored by the federal government. Starting in 1934, there are all of these agencies and programs—the Home Owners Loan Corporation, the Federal Housing Administration, the FDIC insurance program—that loosened up credit and capital. All of a sudden, mortgage credit was abundant. Anyone could get mortgage credit. Blue-collar workers could afford a mortgage. A mortgage became much more affordable than renting in the city. So they all moved out to the suburbs.

The most important distinction for who could get these mortgages or not was race. They mapped out the country through racial zones. This was explicit, through government programs. This created the white suburbs, and created generational prosperity. It also created the black ghetto. The wealth gap existed before then, because of Jim Crow and segregation, but in the 20th century, these government credit facilities cemented the wealth gap for our generation.

Even as we have the Civil Rights Era, and the Civil Rights Act outlaws de jure Jim Crow, all of these economic cycles and processes remain intact. Banks are the engines of the economy. And when you dissect these engines—and I do it through looking at their loans and their deposits—you see exactly how white banks create wealth, and you see exactly how black banks are stuck in this trap of segregation, of concentrated poverty.

More.

https://splinternews.com/how-the-u-s-government-locked-black-americans-out-of-a-1819221197

The bottom line is that many are not going to let wrongs done against blacks ruin their narrative that blacks are inherently inferior. Maintaining the belief in black inherent inferiority requires the discrediting and dismissing of any history/evidence that would explain away blacks inferior outcomes and behaviors relative to whites. Notwithstanding the fact that everything evolved into its current reality, over time, via actions begetting reactions, the impact of racist actions and the reactions upon blacks are to be narrated out of the explanation of our current condition.....all so that we can be seen as inferior.

No one is going to be educated out of being a racist. Racism is rooted in an emotion and education is rooted in information, reasoning and understanding, which often falls victim to emotions. What information does is expose people as racist when they fight against the truth. It exposes them wicked/evil people at heart.

that's fucking idiotic.

My ancestors fought to free the slaves, one died at 18 years of age outside Atlanta. They were devout Christians and ardent abolitionists. I told this to the OP, but it meant nothing to a intolerant racist full of hate.

"Soon thereafter, the Union finally agreed to arm and train Black soldiers. Large numbers of Black men poured into the Union Army, more than half of them former slaves. Their sacrifices were enormous. Blacks suffered a casualty rate 40 percent higher than white soldiers (of the 38,000 who died, only 2,870 were actually killed in combat, reflecting the horrific living conditions for these soldiers.)

Black troops fought in nearly every major campaign. As a result of one battle alone in Virginia, 14 African Americans received the Medal of Honor. Yet these soldiers faced discrimination at every turn--racist treatment at the hands of all-white officers, disparity in pay, the worst assignments, outdated equipment."

Who freed the slaves?

I notice no mention of modern times when the blacks burn their own neighborhood to the ground and loot the local black-owned stores.

I didn't do that.

My ancestors were Irish. They were terribly treated by the Limeys...many died of starvation during the Potato Famine. Do I cry about it like a cry baby, as you do every day on this forum?

Get over yourself.

The Irish are white and they dropped being Irish to be white upon coming to America. The potato famine? Really?

The Irish Potato Famine, also known as the Great Hunger, began in 1845 when a fungus-like organism called Phytophthora infestans (or P. infestans) spread rapidly throughout Ireland. The infestation ruined up to one-half of the potato crop that year, and about three-quarters of the crop over the next seven years. Because the tenant farmers of Ireland—then ruled as a colony of Great Britain—relied heavily on the potato as a source of food, the infestation had a catastrophic impact on Ireland and its population. Before it ended in 1852, the Potato Famine resulted in the death of roughly one million Irish from starvation and related causes, with at least another million forced to leave their homeland as refugees.

Was that famine legislated to starve Irish on purpose? Was the fungus made legal by the British to deny the Irish of food?

Irish Potato Famine - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

I notice no mention of modern times when the blacks burn their own neighborhood to the ground and loot the local black-owned stores.

I see no mention of how whites do the same thing for no real reason while blacks seem to riot after an injustice happens not because they win a football game or run out of pumpkins. No excuses accepted here maid Marion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back