70% of conservatives would join a Tump-led third party.

Trump lost everything. The Presidency. The Senate. The House. Everything.

Democrats aren't scared of Trump.

They believe he has violated the COTUS and should be held accountable.

Too bad Republicans Trump cultists don't think the same.

Of course they are scared of Trump. Why do you think they impeached him for not only something he was not responsible for, but for actually exercising his constitutional rights? They are so desperate they used a long shot to try and stop him for 2024. Look how bad Biden screwed up our country in less than a month. After four years of this stupidity, Trump will be welcome with open arms by the voters, and they know it.
No one has a constitutional right to incite a seditious insurrection on the Capitol to hunt down the vice president and other assorted lawmakers.
It's amazing that you even have to say that.

But here we are.

I agree with all that, but you will never accomplish it with a secondary Republican party. It would only divide us.

In 2016, voters decided to have an all Republican federal government. Four years later, we are now an all Democrat federal government. In other words, winning elections for both parties is a 50/50 shot. Even if this Patriot party attracted 90% of members from the Republican party, it still guarantees Democrat election superiority. Neither Republicans nor Patriots could ever win an election again.

No, they didn't "Decide" that. Trump lost by 3 million votes. The GOP lost seats in the House and the Senate. If it weren't for undemocratic institutions like the Electoral College, the Senate giving seats to big empty squares of land and Gerrymandering, the GOP would be a minority party.

The best thing to happen to the GOP would be for Trump to peal off his support. Just like the best thing that happened to the Democrats was Thurmond and Wallace splitting off from the main Democratic party.

I agree with all that, but you will never accomplish it with a secondary Republican party. It would only divide us.

In 2016, voters decided to have an all Republican federal government. Four years later, we are now an all Democrat federal government. In other words, winning elections for both parties is a 50/50 shot. Even if this Patriot party attracted 90% of members from the Republican party, it still guarantees Democrat election superiority. Neither Republicans nor Patriots could ever win an election again.

No, they didn't "Decide" that. Trump lost by 3 million votes. The GOP lost seats in the House and the Senate. If it weren't for undemocratic institutions like the Electoral College, the Senate giving seats to big empty squares of land and Gerrymandering, the GOP would be a minority party.

The best thing to happen to the GOP would be for Trump to peal off his support. Just like the best thing that happened to the Democrats was Thurmond and Wallace splitting off from the main Democratic party.

The reason we have the “undemocratic” Electoral College is we don’t live in a true democracy.

1613735085475.jpeg

The reason we have the “undemocratic” Electoral College is we don’t live in a true democracy.

Because the Rich Slave Rapists who founded this country didn't want the poor people voting away their slaves?

There's really no excuse for the Electoral College. It disenfranchises most people in the country, which is why only 60% of us even bother to vote.

Yeah, 3 million votes all in one state. This is why we have an electoral college, so that one state doesn't get to pick the President for the rest of the country.

Naw, I'm not worried about that at all. Trump never won a majority and never will. And he's 74 years old, in bad health. I'm sure Limbaugh is saving him a seat in Hell right now.

Trump is in great health. He even beat Covid without a problem. If the commies weren't so worried about Trump winning, they wouldn't have held the second fake impeachment. But they are so scared of him, in desperation, they're willing to try anything because they know he will wipe the floor with Dementia Joe.

I told my grandsons to go out and learn a trade rather than go to college. Then if they want a degree, go to college after work. The college instructors will not find brainwashing my grandsons easy as they have been out in the world learning how it really works.

That's actually the solution to our higher education problems. There is no law that states you must go to college right out of high school. Live at home, work full-time for a couple of years, start college at the age of 20 or 21, and pay for it in cash. If possible while attending college, work part-time to keep the money coming in. When school is out for the year, work full-time.

By the time you graduate, you won't have any college debt. If you do, it will be very small compared to kids that go from high school directly to college. Plus a lot of kids don't know what they want to go to college for. When you work for a few years, you're older, wiser, and more experienced and can make a better choice for your life.

I told my grandsons to go out and learn a trade rather than go to college. Then if they want a degree, go to college after work. The college instructors will not find brainwashing my grandsons easy as they have been out in the world learning how it really works.

That's actually the solution to our higher education problems. There is no law that states you must go to college right out of high school. Live at home, work full-time for a couple of years, start college at the age of 20 or 21, and pay for it in cash. If possible while attending college, work part-time to keep the money coming in. When school is out for the year, work full-time.

By the time you graduate, you won't have any college debt. If you do, it will be very small compared to kids that go from high school directly to college. Plus a lot of kids don't know what they want to go to college for. When you work for a few years, you're older, wiser, and more experienced and can make a better choice for your life.

The other thing you can do is sign up for a hitch in the military. Don't know what the current enlistment periods are, might be 3 or 4 years but you can use the GI bill to help with college expenses if that is your goal and I think also with technical schools. And you have some working experience, which makes you a more attractive hire.

I did it both ways, got a job out of high school and took a few evening college courses at the local JC and then enlisted.

Quite often if you get a job with a major company they will help pay your expenses for going to college.

The other thing you can do is sign up for a hitch in the military. Don't know what the current enlistment periods are, might be 3 or 4 years but you can use the GI bill to help with college expenses if that is your goal and I think also with technical schools. And you have some working experience, which makes you a more attractive hire.

I did it both ways, got a job out of high school and took a few evening college courses at the local JC and then enlisted.

Plus if you join the military you often learn a trade. I became an electronic technician while in the Air Force and used that education to launch a career with a major company. Of course you can often take college courses while in the military.

While this is just my opinion I feel you can learn a lot in the military much of which is more useful than the brainwashing you will likely get in college.

I was able to retire before I was 60 and haven’t worked a day since for the last 14 years.

Yes, if you want insights into someone, ask someone who truly hates them. Give me some examples of people who hate your guts and what you have learned from them about who you truly are before you waste your time telling me who Republicans really are, fascist

Actually, I don't believe anyone hates my guts outside of the snowflakes on USMB, and they don't really know me.

But frankly, over my close to 60 years on this planet, I've taken a lot of criticism to heart and tried to better myself....

That wasn't the question. The whole point was the difference between "critisism" and the sort of blind raging hatred people like you have for others. There's a world of difference between them.

I do believe though you're far more the source of hatred than the receiver of it. I don't know why anyone would find it worth hating you ... even though you do freely hate others. Still not worth the effort to hate you back

Not everybody is geared for military life, and some (if you have disabilities) can't get in. But if that's your cup of tea, it is a great route to take. A late friend of mine had a brother who did 20 years in the Navy. He retired at 38 years old, and to my knowledge, hasn't worked since. He bought a trailer out in Arizona somewhere and is living the life.

I'll bet most independents and quite a few Democrats would also be attracted to the America first party.

Don't you believe it. Independents perhaps, but they would never get any Democrats on board. Much like they do to the Republican party, the first thing they'd do is use every available way to silence them. Look at what happens in colleges to stop a Republican from speaking. Look at what their side-kicks at Twitter, FaceBook and Google do to keep the Republican message from people. All the major news networks and most of cable news networks are liberal.

They need to keep the Republicans quiet so they don't lose any sheep from the herd. They would do the exact same with a third party.
I never had sex with that woman...Ms Lewinsky...democrat hero clinton...lying lik hell

There is no such thing as "conservatism" anymore, if there ever was, so this would be hilarious. The people who insist on wearing this label are all over the map: big government when it suits them, small government when it suits them, "liberty" for them, but not for everybody, "conserving" customs of mistreating other people to revive a caste system, vices, not values, democracy when it suits them, dictatorship when it suits them. It would be interesting to watch them try to define themselves and what they stand for. The party's platform would be a laugh riot.
but flooding the nation with unskilled illiterate aliens who hav never had a shot in their lives is ok

I'll bet most independents and quite a few Democrats would also be attracted to the America first party.

Don't you believe it. Independents perhaps, but they would never get any Democrats on board. Much like they do to the Republican party, the first thing they'd do is use every available way to silence them. Look at what happens in colleges to stop a Republican from speaking. Look at what their side-kicks at Twitter, FaceBook and Google do to keep the Republican message from people. All the major news networks and most of cable news networks are liberal.

They need to keep the Republicans quiet so they don't lose any sheep from the herd. They would do the exact same with a third party.
but if you disagree with libs, they go after your family or job
Yeah and then we invade state capitals threatening to kill hang kidnap ?
antifa and blm riots will end soon as biden pays them off

McConnell Said Trump Is Responsible For The Deadly Capitol Insurrection Minutes After Voting Not Guilty
You don't understand what he was saying then. He voted the way he did because it made zero sense to even have the thing. If Trump would have won the election then it would have made sense to impeach him. He's not in power anymore... Impeachment did nothing.

I agree with him, even though I pretty much detest the man.
But you do understand McConnell was the reason they waited until after trump was a civilian
mcConnel is almost as old and senile as that poor old ex klansman biden

Dependending on his health in 3 years, Trump could likely buy the Libertarian nomination with far greater ease than Hillary bought hers in 2016. Given the thought I'd have to wonder if (1) he could be that pissed off at the GOP if the party doesn't get solidly behind him and (2) if he'd really get conservatives to cross over to a Libertarian ticket which so far they've avoided?

I'm a conservative Republican, and I'd vote Libertarian if not for their stance on drugs and weak defense of our country. These are two issues Trump is strongly against. They are also pro-choice because they are for less regulations and pretty much have the stance to let people do whatever the hell they want. Trump would never join that party.

My big problem with the Libertarian Party is that they conduct themselves like a disorganized joke, instead of a serious group of people trying to accomplish something politically.

70% of conservatives would join a Tump-led third party.

Real conservatives do not support the animal know as Trump. Neither do real Republicans.

And who, exactly, accepts you as a "real" Republican, let alone a "real" conservative? Did you really imagine that you could just prance in here and declare yourself to be the standard-bearer of either, to which everyone else must grovel for approval?

Your name continues to be remarkably accurate.

To say Trump’s new party couldn’t win is a lot like saying back in 2016 Trump could never beat Hillary.

I suspect the amount of enthusiasm a Trump led third party could generate would be simply amazing.

Of course the media would say it was full to the brim with white supremacists, gun nuts and people who cling to their God and Bibles. That might help Trump’s party grow and grow.

Imagine a party that would fight for Americans and put the USA first not last.

A party who believed. in ONE RULE OF LAW FOR ALL.

A party that would be for legal immigration but not illegal immigration.

A party who supported the cops not the criminals.

A party that was for the Second Amendment and opposed gun registration, confiscation or high license fees.

A party that was for free speech everywhere.

A party that was not politically correct or woke.

A party that felt female sports should involve and be won by biological women. Transgender women could compete in their own category.

A party that was not beholden to Wall Street, the military industrial complex, the pharmaceutical industry or the BIg Money donors.

A party that was for improving education for minorities in the big urban wastelands by promoting charter schools.

A party that provided opportunity and jobs for minorities and tried to develop minority owned businesses.

A party where “pay for play” wasn’t an accepted way of using your political influence to become wealthy.

A party that wasn’t wimpy, wimpy, wimpy like the current establishment Republican Party but instead encouraged candidates to be willing to put up the good fight for American citizens and fight harder than its opponents.

A party whose members didn’t sell their souls to the Chinese Communists like so many Democrats have.

A party whose candidates didn’t make empty promises while campaigning they never intend to keep.

I would say if such a party started organizing today it could gain seats in the midterms and win the Oval Office in a landslide in 2024.

People are SICK and TIRED of both establishment Democrats and Republicans. They suck big time.

If we want a conservative party, it has to happen from within. That means people need to pay attention to the primary races to insure another RINO doesn't enter the party. Whether that can be accomplished or not nobody knows. But we need to promote it publicly as much as possible. Unfortunately, to beat the Democrats, we need those RINO's and establishment people to do it. If we leave them behind, we are sunk.

Although we COULD just work to vote a lot of them out and replace them with non-RINOs.

Forum List

Back