7 stories Barack Obama doesn't want told

Nobody, except you, is talking about ancient history, bub. :rolleyes:

that is the problem in this country....anything over 4 or 5 years is ancient history....

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

George Santayana

I think the point is that people cannot keep excusing the failings of the current Administration on the past one. Like you, I think we need to learn the error of our ways - my personal view, as I have said before, is that American voters need to stop electing idiots - on both sides! It is the partisan whining and justifying that sickens me.

The Failings, Real or Percieved, of ANY other Person or Administration can't be a Permanent Shelter for a New Administration.

At some Point, the Buck's gotta Stop.

:)

peace...

"Economists and business leaders from across the ideological spectrum were urging the new president on last winter when he signed onto more than a trillion in stimulus spending and bank and auto bailouts during his first weeks in office. Many, though far from all, of these same people now agree that these actions helped avert an even worse financial catastrophe."

The bank bailouts were done by Bush.

So start yet another thread about it. This thread is about the 7 stories about Barack Obama. How hard is that?

Or, is it now that no thread can criticize Obama?

Why do you people insist on forgetting that the Bailout was done by Bush?

It was not Obama.

This is what happens when idiots call what happened just one year ago "ancient history".
The first bailout.

The second round of bailouts, the nearly $1 trillion succubus package, subsequent earmark-laden omnibus bill, takeover of GM & Chrysler, laughable clunker program and 10% unemployment rate --the aversion of which was one of the claimed reasons for the succubus bill-- all lie on Barry the Manchild's doorstep.

Work harder on your deflections next time.

Bush's TARP was pretty much 100% earmarks.

I think quite a few of those stories are true. The Obama "magic" is gone. "hope and change" were really just slogans. Hollering: It's BOOOOOOSH's FAULT !!! won't work next time. The 2010 midterms loom large.

Face it folks, whether you love him , hate him, or are someplace in the middle, we hired a man with no experience and now it is showing. I'd like to see him succeed. The only way to do that is by electing a Republican House and Senate.

I was replying to this post about a republican congress not working out too well,

Why did you not pick on this poster for changing the subject of the thread?

"Economists and business leaders from across the ideological spectrum were urging the new president on last winter when he signed onto more than a trillion in stimulus spending and bank and auto bailouts during his first weeks in office. Many, though far from all, of these same people now agree that these actions helped avert an even worse financial catastrophe."

The bank bailouts were done by Bush.

So start yet another thread about it. This thread is about the 7 stories about Barack Obama. How hard is that?

Or, is it now that no thread can criticize Obama?

Those are quotes from story one on the articles list.

Why do you people insist on forgetting that the Bailout was done by Bush?

It was not Obama.

This is what happens when idiots call what happened just one year ago "ancient history".
The first bailout.

The second round of bailouts, the nearly $1 trillion succubus package, subsequent earmark-laden omnibus bill, takeover of GM & Chrysler, laughable clunker program and 10% unemployment rate --the aversion of which was one of the claimed reasons for the succubus bill-- all lie on Barry the Manchild's doorstep.

Work harder on your deflections next time.

Bush's TARP was pretty much 100% earmarks.
This thread isn't about TARP or BOOOOOOOSH, Gomer.

vader-fail1.jpg

The bailout could have made this country money but NOOOOO Bush and Paulson set it up with NO responsibility for the corps to repay the people for thier use of the money.

ok kiddo, I made my point. You can learn or not.
Have fun living in and making your decisions based only on the now.

"Along the way, however, it is clear Obama underestimated the political consequences that flow from the perception that he is a profligate spender. He also misjudged the anger in middle America about bailouts with weak and sporadic public explanations of why he believed they were necessary. "

The bailout was Paulson under Bush

This is a quote from story one of the article.

America is pissed off about the fucking bailouts that gave them nothing in return.

The other programs gave the people something in return you fools

Last edited:
Umm we had a Republican house and senate for a while there. Did not seem to work out too well either.

For two whole years......check the record....and never the kind of majority the Dems have today.....and for some strange reason the Dems still can't get alot done.

Wonder why that is?

Ohh I am not pulling for or defending the Dem congress. I just know based on empirical evidence that a Republican controlled congress will not fix things either.

The bailout could have made this country money but NOOOOO Bush and Paulson set it up with NO responsibility for the corps to repay the people for thier use of the money.

The thread is about the 7 stories about Obama - not about the bailout, Bush or Paulson. It is about Obama and the 7 stories referred to in the article. What bit of that is overly complicated for you?

7 stories Barack Obama doesn't want told - John F. Harris - POLITICO.com

Presidential politics is about storytelling. Presented with a vivid storyline, voters naturally tend to fit every new event or piece of information into a picture that is already neatly framed in their minds.

No one understands this better than Barack Obama and his team, who won the 2008 election in part because they were better storytellers than the opposition. The pro-Obama narrative featured an almost mystically talented young idealist who stood for change in a disciplined and thoughtful way. This easily outpowered the anti-Obama narrative, featuring an opportunistic Chicago pol with dubious relationships who was more liberal than he was letting on.

A year into his presidency, however, Obama’s gift for controlling his image shows signs of faltering. As Washington returns to work from the Thanksgiving holiday, there are several anti-Obama storylines gaining momentum.

Good find, bones - and kudos to you (along with rep when I can... 'spread it around before...') for bringing it to our attention! It's nice that someone who leans left can find it tolerable to brook a little bad PR on the Messiah.

Umm we had a Republican house and senate for a while there. Did not seem to work out too well either.

For two whole years......check the record....and never the kind of majority the Dems have today.....and for some strange reason the Dems still can't get alot done.

Wonder why that is?

It's Boooooosh's Fault, get the Fuck back in Line, Peasant!

peace...

The thread is about the 7 stories about Obama - not about the bailout, Bush or Paulson. It is about Obama and the 7 stories referred to in the article. What bit of that is overly complicated for you?

And the quotes I used were straight from the article you asswink.

The people are angry about the bailouts that gave them nothing in return, those were done by Paulson against the democrats attempt to insist that the banks paid something for the use of the peoples money. Paulson insisted it be string free.

Wonder why that is?

It's Boooooosh's Fault, get the Fuck back in Line, Peasant!

peace...

And how many years did you guys scream Carter or Clinton?

Forum List

Back