7 States Sue Biden Over Loan Forgiveness Plan

Trump signed off on every penny of debt.

Yes he did, but at times with no choice. When the government shuts down, did the media ever blame Democrats for it? If it's a Republican President, they blame him. If it's a Democrat President and a Republican Congress, they blame the Republican Congress.

Struggling to understand how this makes Republicans look good, other than sticking it to the libz.

It isn't about doing what looks good. It's about doing what's right.

There in lies the problem. Democrats only care about looking good, Republicans care about what's best for the country as a whole.

I never did. I fully support any actions to shut it down.

All the same, you are arguing Trump was afraid to do something because the Democrats might get mad.

It has nothing to do with getting mad. Did you just move to this country or something?

I'm the President and I want Y. You are the Congress and want X and Z. If I don't sign off on your X and Z, you don't pass my Y. That's why spending is out of control. It's also why you can't blame a President alone with an opposing Congress for all the spending.

Trump and the Republicans are responsible for the spending in his first two years. Dementia and the Democrats are totally responsible for their spending up until January of next year.

It isn't about doing what looks good. It's about doing what's right.

There in lies the problem. Democrats only care about looking good, Republicans care about what's best for the country as a whole.

What good comes out of this? The government isn't printing money; it's just saying that certain people no longer have to pay a balance to the government. It's no different than a tax cut in that regard.

It has nothing to do with getting mad. Did you just move to this country or something?

I'm the President and I want Y. You are the Congress and want X and Z. If I don't sign off on your X and Z, you don't pass my Y. That's why spending is out of control. It's also why you can't blame a President alone with an opposing Congress for all the spending.

I didn't blame Trump alone. I countered those who refuse to condemn him also.

Trump and the Republicans are responsible for the spending in his first two years. Dementia and the Democrats are totally responsible for their spending up until January of next year.

Trump signed off on all of it.

I didn't blame Trump alone. I countered those who refuse to condemn him also.

Yes you did when you said "Trump spent."

This is the problem with the college loans. Dementia didn't get it passed by Congress. Instead he is trying to use Covid as an excuse to use a law that allows the President to forgive things like college debt. The problem is covid is long behind us so he can't use that law.

Yes you did when you said "Trump spent."

He is the president. Trump signed off on every penny.

This is the problem with the college loans. Dementia didn't get it passed by Congress. Instead he is trying to use Covid as an excuse to use a law that allows the President to forgive things like college debt. The problem is covid is long behind us so he can't use that law.

And there may very well be a legitimate argument there but it's not likely going to be the states that are able to bring the lawsuits.

I think the student debt forgiveness is warranted Dragon Lady, but I think we, at the same time... need to address the root causes of a college education rising annually greater than inflation and than average salaries, year after year for the past 30 years, at minimum.... If we don't, then we are just going to continue to have this unaffordable, without mega borrowing, out of control costs for a college education.... And future, post bailouts loom.

We can do this, if we all put our heads together, and address the issues that has caused the problem, in Congress.... and in State Legislatures... It affects the children of both sides of the aisle...

The only thing standing in the way, is the eleventh level of a vitriolic atmosphere in our government.... :( The do nothing republicans, can't let Biden get credit for another winable problem, they'd rather whine about it....which sadly, gets them more votes....

Paying off loans is not a win, it's a loss to taxpayers. There is nothing warranted about this. You took out the loan, you signed the papers agreeing to repay that loan, and now you must do as you promised. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
He is the president. Trump signed off on every penny.

Yes, but in most cases only because he had to. It's a shame we don't have an honest media but we don't. With very few exceptions the media is an extension of the Democrat party, and will cheat, lie and steal to support it.

And there may very well be a legitimate argument there but it's not likely going to be the states that are able to bring the lawsuits.

Then who should?

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Yes, but in most cases only because he had to. It's a shame we don't have an honest media but we don't. With very few exceptions the media is an extension of the Democrat party, and will cheat, lie and steal to support it.

True or not, he did not have to sign any of it.

Then who should?

I'd have to research that a bit. None of the states were directly harmed which is a requirement of a lawsuit. I don't really agree with the way we do this but it is what it is.

Correct. He could have vetoed it all, not get anything he wants, and get ripped to shreds by the lying media and chance losing the presidency. But you call that a choice.

He lost the presidency and along with Congress got us into $7.8 trillion in new debt.

Do you refuse to do the right thing just so you win?

Did you complain this vociferously about the billions of dollars in cash doled out to corporate America???? This never ceases to amaze me.

Conservatives have no problems with billions of dollars of tax cuts going to billionaires or corporations, but let Democrats give money to working people, who have been completely screwed over in the Republican economy of Ronald Reagan, and the wails of grievance by Republicans knows no bounds.

Yeah, Ronald Reagan, who left office 34 years ago. So if Reagan's policies were so bad, why didn't the Communists change them when they had total power like the first two years of DumBama, and now the first two years with Dementia? Remember Reagan presided with a Democrat led House.

Blame shifting (as commies always do) aside, your comparison is apples and oranges. There is a difference between government allowing somebody to keep THEIR OWN MONEY THEY CREATED and giving money away that somebody else created to buy votes.

He lost the presidency and along with Congress got us into $7.8 trillion in new debt.

Do you refuse to do the right thing just so you win?

Yes he did, but he didn't know (or expect) to lose the presidency when he signed off on those spending bills. So logic dictates sign the bills or almost guarantee a loss for re-election.

Forum List

Back