7 States Sue Biden Over Loan Forgiveness Plan

Okay retard. Show me where in the Constitution the federal government is supposed to act like a charity.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794
Poof goes those farm subsidies then by that logic

And the government should not be guaranteeing market rate loans… but they do. Banks love that

They shouldn't be doing that either. But at least it benefits everybody, not a select group of people you know will vote for you or your party.

If they did, then the grocery store prices you see today would be nothing without those subsidies. Care to double or more your grocery bill each week?
So you can find excuses for things you want to fund that the Constitution doesn’t support but not others?

One might almost think you were being cynically political… at the expense of middle class folks

Sure it does. Why would you keep your money with a bank if they stand to lose it? It benefits banks and customers at the same time.

We have been forced to make the government responsible for bank losses. That's the only reason people still keep their money in a bank.

So you can find excuses for things you want to fund that the Constitution doesn’t support but not others?

One might almost think you were being cynically political… at the expense of middle class folks

No I don't, but I'm just telling you the outcome of not subsidizing farmers. Then of course we would have to greatly increase food stamp staples so that people could afford food. And guess who pays for that?

No I don't, but I'm just telling you the outcome of not subsidizing farmers. Then of course we would have to greatly increase food stamp staples so that people could afford food. And guess who pays for that?

Maybe we enact actual free markets where the farmers don't have to get permission from the government to sell their products?

And the massive give away was not to keep prices down. The actions that led to them would have actually flooded the markets here because the farmers couldn't sell to the countries they had been selling to.

Bit the Constitution doesn’t explicitly support that. You used that argument against forgiving these loans but not for farm subsidies.

You just “say shit” as the need arises to support your cynical politics

Maybe we enact actual free markets where the farmers don't have to get permission from the government to sell their products?

And the massive give away was not to keep prices down. The actions that led to them would have actually flooded the markets here because the farmers couldn't sell to the countries they had been selling to.

We were at a trade war with China so exports went down with the tariffs and it was merely compensation until all matters were settled. That aside, the government always subsidized farmers to keep prices lower and to sustain their business during adverse weather conditions.

Suuuuuuure it won't and Obamacare was supposed to save me money too
So you’re against forgiving loans because you think it MIGHT raise your taxes?

With a 30 trillion dollar debt, an additional 40 billion isn’t even a bump in the road and you know it.

This is political to you as well. It’s not political for tens of millions of middle class folks. It’s a “food on the table” issue

Bit the Constitution doesn’t explicitly support that. You used that argument against forgiving these loans but not for farm subsidies.

You just “say shit” as the need arises to support your cynical politics

The Constitution doesn't support much of our spending. How do you think we got to 30 trillion in debt and growing? Had we only adhered to Madison's words, we would have no debt.

We were at a trade war with China

No, Trump was in a trade war with China. One that he lost bigly.

so exports went down with the tariffs and it was merely compensation until all matters were settled. That aside, the government always subsidized farmers to keep prices lower and to sustain their business during adverse weather conditions.

And you are good with the taxpayers taking their money out of their pockets and giving it to others by force.

So you’re against forgiving loans because you think it MIGHT raise your taxes?

With a 30 trillion dollar debt, an additional 40 billion isn’t even a bump in the road and you know it.

This is political to you as well. It’s not political for tens of millions of middle class folks. It’s a “food on the table” issue
Don't care.

Why should people who voluntarily go into debt be bailed out by the rest of us?

Forum List

Back