68 years ago today

I think the German soldier was by far the better soldier, but he did surrender, and the Japanese soldier did not.

About 50,000 did, despite heavy propaganda that led most to believe they would be tortured and killed by Allied forces if they did so.

I don't think Europeans believed they would be killed or tortured by allied forces.

That's what I implied in my post. Even so, giving up the fight was never considered laudable in 'the West' either. "Death before dishonor" is a 'Western' ethos as it is elsewhere.

Last edited:
They got pretty reckless with those things back then. Mark in on your calendar, March 11, 1958 the U.S. Air Force dropped an Atomic Bomb on Florence S.C. It left a big crater but apparently only a couple of chickens were killed. I guess they forgot to arm it.

Forcing the surrender with nuclear weapons unquestionably saved more lives than it cost.
Again, we can't know that. You just need a simple answer to a complex question because you are a simpleton.
All I see here is you continuing to avoid the task put to you because you know you are not up to it.
Fool.

I already answered your question and I already told you game time for you is over. You should go find something simpler to talk about; something more your speed.

Again, we can't know that. You just need a simple answer to a complex question because you are a simpleton.
All I see here is you continuing to avoid the task put to you because you know you are not up to it.
Fool.
I already answered your question...
This is a lie, as you know you have not presented any sound reason why, absent the droppings of the bombs, the Japanese would have sued for peace on 8/14/45.
Thank you for continuing to avoid the task put to you because you know you are not up to it.
Fool.

Fool.
This is a lie, as you know you have not presented any sound reason why, absent the droppings of the bombs, the Japanese would have sued for peace on 8/14/45.
Thank you for continuing to avoid the task put to you because you know you are not up to it.
Fool.

Again, yes I did answer your question, you dimwit.

I have told you several times now that game time is over for you. Now run along little boy, you've become tiresome.

Fool.
Again, yes I did answer your question, you dimwit.
Disagree?
Copy/paste your response to that effect.
Fool.

Forum List

Back