57 Stars was too much anyways

Do you have the link?

Why is it that rw's can't do anything for themselves?

The links were ALL right in front of you when you clicked to quote my post.

there is no link attached to your post try again.

Wrong.

When you click on my post to quote it, EVERY link is right in front of you. Some are to teepot sites, some are to GObP sites. Indeed, look at the photos and you'll see the GObp logo.

Do it yourself or admit you're one of Mitten's 49% who has to have everything done for them.

I'll log on later to see if you've been able to find the quote button on my posts but even so, my point still stands - you hypocrite rw's bitch about Obama doing what ever president and every party has done since the beginning of our country. Deal with it.

Obama never said there were 57 states

Obama: "I've now been in 57 states...I think one left to go"

So, I'd agree with you, but you're wrong.

You just posted a quote proving that Obama didn't say there was 57 states and then you say I'm wrong????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Going by your just your own quote, or partial quote, he says there are 58 states, not 57. If you give the full quote he says there are 60 states

Why is it that rw's can't do anything for themselves?

The links were ALL right in front of you when you clicked to quote my post.

there is no link attached to your post try again.

Wrong.

When you click on my post to quote it, EVERY link is right in front of you. Some are to teepot sites, some are to GObP sites. Indeed, look at the photos and you'll see the GObp logo.

Do it yourself or admit you're one of Mitten's 49% who has to have everything done for them.

I'll log on later to see if you've been able to find the quote button on my posts but even so, my point still stands - you hypocrite rw's bitch about Obama doing what ever president and every party has done since the beginning of our country. Deal with it.

Where's the link show it. I am not searching for it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrsBKGpwi58]Obama 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

That's right. You just proved my point. He never said we have 57 states.

He said he'd been to 57 states. Then he said he had one more to go, that's 58. Then he said that that wasn't counting Alaska and Hawaii because his staff wouldn't let him go there, that's 60, not 57

Saying "I've been too" would imply we have them.

r620-7e8728027ad23d0184d600719195d7ea.jpg

Another bullseye for the Obama Campaign.

Obama: "I've now been in 57 states...I think one left to go"

So, I'd agree with you, but you're wrong.

You just posted a quote proving that Obama didn't say there was 57 states and then you say I'm wrong????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Going by your just your own quote, or partial quote, he says there are 58 states, not 57. If you give the full quote he says there are 60 states

I stand corrected...:cool:

I already posted ALL the links and will not be posting them again. If you are not smart enough to copy and paste them to a new window, that's your problem.

Damn dumb rw's ...

This "57 states" thing is definitely one of the sillier memes I've seen in the last few years. I knew precisely what he meant when he said it, and I have no doubt those who keep pushing it did too.

At least I hope they do. It would be troubling if they didn't.

Intellectual dishonesty has no constructive value.

This "57 states" thing is definitely one of the sillier memes I've seen in the last few years. I knew precisely what he meant when he said it, and I have no doubt those who keep pushing it did too.

Well enlighten us what exactly did he mean?

Midway Islands, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Virgin Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Palua, Guam.

I want to get those cool coffee mugs with his long form birth certificate on them.

Okay...

Just for the record, and before I respond, I'd like to clarify: Are you saying that, based on what he says in that quote, you are convinced that Barack Obama believes that the United States of America consists of 57 states? That it could not be anything else?

I don't want to put words in your mouth, I don't like it when it's done to me. Is this what you are saying?

Last edited:

Okay...

Just for the record, and before I respond, I'd like to clarify: Are you saying that, based on what he says in that quote, you are convinced that Barack Obama believes that the United States of America consists of 57 states? That it could not be anything else?

I don't want to put words in your mouth, I don't like it when it's done to me. Is this what you are saying?

You said you knew precisely what he meant. I'm waiting.

Okay...

Okie dokie!

Now that we have established that you are convinced that Barack Obama believes that the United States of America consists of 57 states - I don't want to be accused of lying, which is why I did that confirmation thing - I'll be happy to lay out another possibility for you. As I mentioned in my original post, I do find this a little troubling, but it is what it is.

Okay, I'll lay this out absolutely as clearly and simply as possible. I'll put a number in parenthesis for each time he has flown into a "new state" so we can all keep track. I'll also explain what's going on as we go in case anyone gets a little lost.

Obama's plane flies into Alabama. (1)

Obama's plane then flies from Alabama to Georgia. (2)

Obama's plane then flies from Georgia back to Alabama. (3)

Holy crap, look what happened! He has flown into a state three times, but he has only been in two states! Is that even possible? Sure! See, what he's doing here is saying that he flew into a different state three times. So, after a few weeks or months of flying around, there has been a few times in which he has flown into a state more than once!

I hope everyone is with me. Now, I'm going to make this a little more complicated, so let me know if I lose anyone:

It's even possible that he had not visited all 50 states and 7 of them twice. Maybe he just flew into, say, 38 states, and 19 of them twice! See? 38+19 = 57! Or, if everyone has a calculator, maybe he even visited some states three or four times, holy crap! How cool is that!

So (and please feel free to refer back to the above example), what he is saying is that he flew from state A into state B 57 times. Yes, I admit that such a statement ("57 states") does require a little intellectual elasticity, but I was really under the impression that a vast, vast majority of people would "get it". I was wrong. Not the first time, no shit.

I hope this helps. So, now that we have covered this, I am confident that more people understand that it is possible that Barack Obama does not think that the United States of America does not consist of 57 states, and that I won't have to cover this again. And please feel free to share this information with any friends or family who have been laboring under the same misconception, I have no doubt they will appreciate it!

Questions?

Last edited:
Okay...

Okie dokie!

Now that we have established that you are convinced that Barack Obama believes that the United States of America consists of 57 states - I don't want to be accused of lying, which is why I did that confirmation thing - I'll be happy to lay out another possibility for you. As I mentioned in my original post, I do find this a little troubling, but it is what it is.

Okay, I'll lay this out absolutely as clearly and simply as possible. I'll put a number in parenthesis for each time he has flown into a "new state" so we can all keep track. I'll also explain what's going on as we go in case anyone gets a little lost.

Obama's plane flies into Alabama. (1)

Obama's plane then flies from Alabama to Georgia. (2)

Obama's plane then flies from Georgia back to Alabama. (3)

Holy crap, look what happened! He has flown into a state three times, but he has only been in two states! Is that even possible? Sure! See, what he's doing here is saying that he flew into a different state three times. So, after a few weeks or months of flying around, there has been a few times in which he has flown into a state more than once!

I hope everyone is with me. Now, I'm going to make this a little more complicated, so let me know if I lose anyone:

It's even possible that he had not visited all 50 states and 7 of them twice. Maybe he just flew into, say, 38 states, and 19 of them twice! See? 38+19 = 57! Or, if everyone has a calculator, maybe he even visited some states three or four times, holy crap! How cool is that!

So (and please feel free to refer back to the above example), what he is saying is that he flew from state A into state B 57 times. Yes, I admit that such a statement ("57 states") does require a little intellectual elasticity, but I was really under the impression that a vast, vast majority of people would "get it". I was wrong. Not the first time, no shit.

I hope this helps. So, now that we have covered this, I am confident that more people understand that it is possible that Barack Obama does not think that the United States of America does not consist of 57 states, and that I won't have to cover this again. And please feel free to share this information with any friends or family who have been laboring under the same misconception, I have no doubt they will appreciate it!

Questions?

What a bunch of bull shit.

Forum List

Back