5 Reasons Why Chick Fil-A Is Not What You Think

oye....this is so fucking stooopid. Here is what the man said
"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit," Cathy said. "We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that'"

The Chik-Fil-A CEO did not bash gays, he simply stated his beliefs. If you want to punish people for being against gay marriage, go to any black church. They are vehemently opposed to homosexuality.

I am in favor of gay marriage, I oppose stupidity.

He financially supports, in a big way, organizations that do bash gays. He's a major supporter of NOM, which does advocate boycotts of companies that support same sex marriage.

REALLY, which ones "bash" gays????? Because I thought gay bashing was like the Mathew Sheppard incident, so show me orginizations backing that? I bet your leftists PLO backs it......and your favorite Iranian Presidet....oh thats right they kill gays, but it's ok, if you hate the US?

:eusa_eh: Wow, this is going to get all sorts of crazy...

Opponents of Cathy’s stance — and his donations of millions of dollars to Christian organizations that lobby against equal rights for gay people — have planned “Kiss Mor Chiks” for Friday, asking people of the same sex to show up at Chick-fil-A locations and kiss each other.

Chick-fil-A supporters turn out on appreciation day - KansasCity.com

Chick+Fil+A+-+Anti-Gay.jpeg

I'd like to see how Chick Fil A react to that.

So a fast food restaurant that doesn't discriminate against homosexuals on premises is being targeted because they donate money to anti-gay marriage groups; why should the business be punished? Its not like they have signs on the door saying 'gays are evil' or 'no gays here', :eusa_eh:

So a fast food restaurant that doesn't discriminate against homosexuals on premises is being targeted because they donate money to anti-gay marriage groups; why should the business be punished? Its not like they have signs on the door saying 'gays are evil' or 'no gays here', :eusa_eh:

They believe gay people are not equal and shouldn't be treated like everyone else.

According to HuffPo (and I assume a few will crucify me for my source, but feel free to provide another) Chick Fil A have donated money to hate groups, who compare gay people to pedophiles, and want them exported out of the country.
They have also been sued more than a dozen times for employment discrimination. One women who is currently suing says she was sacked because the managers wanted her to be a 'stay at home mum'.

David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

If this is true, it goes beyond free speech.

One thing Chick Fil A certainly IS: Making piles of money from a massive outpouring of support of their free speech. :clap2:

One big day of sales to support their hatred of gays does not mean a thing. The long term effect is going to be severe. Those who hate gays will eat there like they always have. Those who support gay rights, not so much. Those losses may well become permanent.

They believe gay people are not equal and shouldn't be treated like everyone else.

WOW the equality nazis......so should pedophiles be treated like everyone else? muderers.......incest......bestiality....necrophilia......polygammy.....yeah......

According to HuffPo (and I assume a few will crucify me for my source, but feel free to provide another) Chick Fil A have donated money to hate groups, who compare gay people to pedophiles, and want them exported out of the country.
They have also been sued more than a dozen times for employment discrimination. One women who is currently suing says she was sacked because the managers wanted her to be a 'stay at home mum'.

Sigh.

Do you have any idea how stupid it is to start a post with the words According to Huff-Po?"

1. What, pray tell, does a hate group have to do to get certified? Is there a national certification agency for them like there is for universities?
  2. So? Is it now illegal to have opinions that run contrary to those of the progressive agenda? What happened to tolerance and diversity?
  3. So has the APA.
  4. They do not discriminate against customers, which is all that should matter to you.
  5. I fully support a businesses right to fire people for any reason what ever, or no reason at all.

One thing Chick Fil A certainly IS: Making piles of money from a massive outpouring of support of their free speech. :clap2:

I would assume that the support is coming from those who don't think gay people should be treated like equals, so I wouldn't want to buy anything from them, either.

Aren't you the same person that assumed the article at Huff Po is accurate?

Lets ask an owner of a business who is uber-Christian in values enough to not even conduct business on Sundays what he thinks of gay marriage, then act shocked and offended when he actually says the obvious answer...

And Christian groups who don't believe in gay marriage (just as they don't believe in things such as *GASP* divorce) are not "hate groups"... well, unless you think of gay groups that bash Christians and Christianity as also "hate groups"

It's not just his words, it's his actions. He contributes millions to homophobic organizations, including National Organization for Marriage. Don't you even see the height of your absurdity, since NOM organizes boycotts against companies that don't discriminate? So while you were wolfing down mediocre chicken today, to support free speech, part of your money actually supports organizing boycotts against companies that don't discriminate.
Contributing to orgs that boycot is fine. There is nothing wrong with that at all nor does it violate anything whatsoever. Government blocking your company from opening a store to suppress your first amendment rights is a violation and flat out illegal. It does not supersize me that someone a thick as you cannot tell the difference.

Fuck, why defend Chick-fil-A so strongly? It's a fucking corporate change machine. It's not a person.

the CEO? Dipshit Bigshot who got slapped for opening his big mouth

which ceo? cathy or mumbles? :lol:

it was the thought that counted Mumbles' mouth and heart were in the right place.

Myself, I'd use zoning and everything in my power to legally harass the Chickcreep. Happens all the time and no one gives a shit about rights.

the bullshit concern for Cathy's rights is nothing more than political theater...poor political theater. Cheap seats

Of course you would. You seem to have no problem with the government taking away ones rights or violating law just because someone disagrees with you. That is far more harmful than anything the CEO ever did or said.

One big day of sales to support their hatred of gays does not mean a thing. The long term effect is going to be severe. Those who hate gays will eat there like they always have. Those who support gay rights, not so much. Those losses may well become permanent.
There will be no long term affect. Please, Americans memories are as long as a sitcom. Add to that the whopping 5 percent of the population that actually vas about this and you have a non starter.

The Chik-Fil-A CEO did not bash gays, he simply stated his beliefs. If you want to punish people for being against gay marriage, go to any black church. They are vehemently opposed to homosexuality.

He financially supports, in a big way, organizations that do bash gays. He's a major supporter of NOM, which does advocate boycotts of companies that support same sex marriage.

REALLY, which ones "bash" gays????? Because I thought gay bashing was like the Mathew Sheppard incident, so show me orginizations backing that? I bet your leftists PLO backs it......and your favorite Iranian Presidet....oh thats right they kill gays, but it's ok, if you hate the US?

NOM, and you still don't get it? I've got one of the Nutsack Suckers whining that I'm repeating myself. Is idiocy a new right wing value?

Last edited:

There will be no long term affect. Please, Americans memories are as long as a sitcom. Add to that the whopping 5 percent of the population that actually vas about this and you have a non starter.

American memory may be short, but you seem to think our people are idiots. You're quite the elitist.

WOW the equality nazis......so should pedophiles be treated like everyone else? muderers.......incest......bestiality....necrophilia......polygammy.....yeah......

Are you too ignorant to know that most child sexual assault victims/perps, are male predators on female children?

Please take these facts into consideration, and report back with a coherent argument.

This Chick Fil a controversy is bullshit from the left, whetehr one agrees with gay marriage or not the govt and city officials do not have the right to block people from starting and opening up businesses simply because they don't share the religious beliefs of certain people, if Chick Fil A was denying emplyment to people because they take it up the ass thats a different story, that would be discrimination because people cannot and should not be denied employment based on sexual orientation. People have the right to their religious beliefs whetehr we agree with it or not.

And your money going to them is used to finance organizations like NOM, who try to silence other legal companies.

I have no issue with individuals boycotting a company if they wish, I do have a real issue with the government not allowing a business to operate because it runs the against their agenda.

I agree.

Huffington post the gay voice? Do you actually think anything coming from huffington post with the title the gay voice will have anything truthful to say about chick fil a?:eusa_whistle:

You have lost the argument if you are comparing homosexuals to pedophiles and other deviants.

Repeating yourself over and over again does not make your statement true...

Refusing to look at all sides of the issue leaves one narrow.

:lmao:

yeah, those nazis had their good points too.

there is no other side, yo yo.

Forum List

Back