40% of residents in San Francisco plan on leaving.

40% of 500 is 200 are planning to move out in the next 3 years.

My opinion, not all of 200 will move out of the city.

Of course they won't. First of all, 500 is a tiny sampling. No poll with under a thousand respondents is to be taken very seriously.

Secondly, 20% more Americans plan to move this year than last. Americans are transient. Always have been. OP needs to take a child pill. ;)

Almost half of San Francisco residents are planning on moving out of the city due to rising crime and a deteriorating quality of life, according to a recent poll.

The poll of 500 San Franciscans, commissioned by the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, showed that just over 40% of residents plan to move out of the city in the next few years.

Additionally, 8 out of 10 people polled said crime has increased in the city, and almost 90% of those polled said they believe that the homeless crisis has gotten worse. Roughly three-quarters of residents in San Francisco said their quality of life has declined over the past year.

Police statistics show certain crimes have been increasing in California’s fourth-largest city, including a significant surge in car burglaries, which are up as much as 700% in some areas.

San Francisco’s police chief has pointed the finger at two factors: not enough police on the streets and criminals being let out of jail due to relaxed prosecuting.

And this is the good news, you can still leave areas Democrats have destroyed. The bad news is what if they get enough power to turn nearly the entire country into San Francisco? There will be no place to run unless it's to another country.

Ray, don't be silly. Democrats will never have that much power to do as you say! Maybe not, but they are going to get as close as they can.

Trump failed to make his amerika great. He messed it up so badely that it will take decades to recover from his so called presidency.

Understandable. I've been a landlord for over 25 years and have never seen the rental market like this than the last ten years. Younger people don't want to deal with the problems and responsibilities of home ownership, and so it seems, rentals are the future. I get people calling me all the time to sell my properties to them.

Blue state people are used to paying twice to three times what a property is actually worth, and if they're willing to come there and pay the price for a house, cost is the last thing on their mind. Then thanks to Biden, you have the immigration problem to deal with as well. They say at this rate, by the end of the year, we will have over 2 million more illegals in the country than we had last year. They have to live somewhere.
Until the building industry starts building new homes in the numbers that they did in the 80s through 2000, this crises will continue. There is virtually no inventory. Houses in the NW are selling above asking price in one day. A newer home in a middle class neighborhood in that area will cost over half a million dollars. Even if the populace was making $50K a year, they can't afford that. Supply has to meet or surpass demand in order to reverse this trend.

You’re a canadian

What makes you an expert on America?
Actually, it's Americans themselves that have made me 'qualified' to comment at length on America and its failings. One of the best examples of today is Ray's thread on America's failed 'quality of life' and his claims that 40% of the people are leaving (sic) San Francisco. (my ability to separate the bullshit from the chaff too)

All of you have contributed everything I need to know.
Ask me about anything that's relevant to America's failing.

Until the building industry starts building new homes in the numbers that they did in the 80s through 2000, this crises will continue. There is virtually no inventory. Houses in the NW are selling above asking price in one day. A newer home in a middle class neighborhood in that area will cost over half a million dollars. Even if the populace was making $50K a year, they can't afford that. Supply has to meet or surpass demand in order to reverse this trend.

My father is a retired bricklayer. He built the house we grew up in in 1967. I was seven years old when we moved there. He said today it would be impossible for him to do. Way to much government involved and only the major construction outfits are invited to the party. My city makes us have an apartment inspection before we rent to each new tenant. No matter how many times they inspect a unit of mine, the next time they come they find something else wrong. Many times it's new updates by the city or state.

Housing is unaffordable to many people which is one of the reasons rent is the next best option. The average price for a house in CA is 800K. That's the average. As long as government keeps sticking their noses where they don't belong, housing and apartments will keep increasing in price.

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan

Trump failed to make his amerika great. He messed it up so badely that it will take decades to recover from his so called presidency.

Damn it, you're so right, Trump screwed up America.

He secured the border that saved taxpayers billions of dollars. He gave us the best economy in 50 years. We had a new median household income high under Trump. Before the virus we had nearly a million more jobs than Americans who could do them. Women and every minority group had record low unemployment since records began. He got Jong to stop firing test missiles. We became the worlds largest energy exporter with Trump's support on energy. Speaking of which, in spite of our booming economy, the national price of gasoline never hit $3.00 a gallon. Inflation traveled in the 1% range as it has for many years. He rebuilt our military and no Afghanistan American deaths in his last 15 months. Even after Covid he signed contracts with 8 different potential vaccine companies guaranteeing Americans came first once it passed the FDA.

I don't know how we're ever going to fix those screw ups.

My father is a retired bricklayer. He built the house we grew up in in 1967. I was seven years old when we moved there. He said today it would be impossible for him to do. Way to much government involved and only the major construction outfits are invited to the party. My city makes us have an apartment inspection before we rent to each new tenant. No matter how many times they inspect a unit of mine, the next time they come they find something else wrong. Many times it's new updates by the city or state.

Assuming that you're being honest Ray, you are once again exposing another failing of America. A homeowner in Canada can still indeed build his own home.
The rules, regulations, and hoops we need to jump through in the process are all designed to protect our fellow Canadians who could become buyers of the home we build. That's social responsibility Ray, concept that is somehow foreign to Americans. At least according to you?
Housing is unaffordable to many people which is one of the reasons rent is the next best option. The average price for a house in CA is 800K. That's the average. As long as government keeps sticking their noses where they don't belong, housing and apartments will keep increasing in price.
If you wish to live in the most desirable regions of your country, you have to be able to afford the going rates.

If you can't pay the money then move to one of the cities that you Americans call shitholes.

You might be able to come to Canada but don't depend on B.C.

Of course they won't. First of all, 500 is a tiny sampling. No poll with under a thousand respondents is to be taken very seriously.

Secondly, 20% more Americans plan to move this year than last. Americans are transient. Always have been. OP needs to take a child pill.

According to your site they are moving out of commie cities into smaller towns.

Assuming that you're being honest Ray, you are once again exposing another failing of America. A homeowner in Canada can still indeed build his own home.
The rules, regulations, and hoops we need to jump through in the process are all designed to protect our fellow Canadians who could become buyers of the home we build. That's social responsibility Ray, concept that is somehow foreign to Americans. At least according to you?

We've always had regulations but now there are so many it's getting to the point of being unaffordable.

If you wish to live in the most desirable regions of your country, you have to be able to afford the going rates.

If you can't pay the money then move to one of the cities that you Americans call shitholes.

It has less to do with the desirable regions. Look at nearly our entire northeast of the country. Same problem, and they get bombarded with snow every winter. Yet their housing is unaffordable as well. It's not the region, it's government taxes, costly regulations, support of unions that cause the cost of living to be sky high. Anyplace Democrats are in charge the place goes to hell.

I wouldn't want to be in Commida. That's where all our liberals can flock to so we can fix our country already.

No difference.
Try again moron.

It could be blamed on the Democrats, but it's still blame for America's failing 'quality of life'.
Are most poor people Democrats? Poor people obviously cause problems.
Are oppressed non-white people mostly Democrats?
Obviously the top 1% aren't Democrats!

The top 1% are not Democrats? You know nothing about this country, do you? Our most wealthiest people are all Democrats. Hillary and DumBama raised record amounts of campaign funds. Where do you think they got that kind of loot, from the homeless? Nobody is oppressed here. That's all Communist propaganda. The Democrats have been using blacks for generations and the only way to keep them on the plantation is feeding them bullshit like they're being oppressed. Democrats treat their black constituents like the kids on the short bus. Keep telling people they are inherently failures and many will believe you.

We've always had regulations but now there are so many it's getting to the point of being unaffordable.
That's America's failing, once again Ray.
I wouldn't want to be in Commida. That's where all our liberals can flock to so we can fix our country already.
You'll never be able to afford the most desirable areas in either country Ray. Who the fuk cares where you chose from which to moan and groan?

That's America's failing, once again Ray.

And it's government causing the failures.

You'll never be able to afford the most desirable areas in either country Ray. Who the fuk cares where you chose from which to moan and groan?

You're the one who suggested I move there. So I'll never be rich to afford anyplace I want to go. What's your point? Most people can't.

Almost half of San Francisco residents are planning on moving out of the city due to rising crime and a deteriorating quality of life, according to a recent poll.

The poll of 500 San Franciscans, commissioned by the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, showed that just over 40% of residents plan to move out of the city in the next few years.

Additionally, 8 out of 10 people polled said crime has increased in the city, and almost 90% of those polled said they believe that the homeless crisis has gotten worse. Roughly three-quarters of residents in San Francisco said their quality of life has declined over the past year.

Police statistics show certain crimes have been increasing in California’s fourth-largest city, including a significant surge in car burglaries, which are up as much as 700% in some areas.

San Francisco’s police chief has pointed the finger at two factors: not enough police on the streets and criminals being let out of jail due to relaxed prosecuting.

And this is the good news, you can still leave areas Democrats have destroyed. The bad news is what if they get enough power to turn nearly the entire country into San Francisco? There will be no place to run unless it's to another country.

Ray, don't be silly. Democrats will never have that much power to do as you say! Maybe not, but they are going to get as close as they can.

It can't possibly be true that over 40% of people in SF are planning on leaving. That's just more Trumper nonsense.

But if it was true then there could be no doubt that America has failed completely.

Not yet at least!

Forum List

Back