4 million able-bodied adult americans WITHOUT dependents now get food stamps

Since redistribution is the mode du jour, then I'm doing my part. I keep researching food stamps and how to get them. Not that I need them; just that when I can find a way to legitimately get them I'm gonna grab mine.

Yes, I know that's going to ruin this country but if we don't get on with doing just that we'll never start recovering. Anything I can do to speed that up is a GOOD thing. Are you NOT doing your part, too?

The Dem vote machine rooted in welfare fraud abuse

Buying those votes

Society today is being taught its more honorable to ride in the wagon than pull it

-Geaux

Last edited:
The vast majority of people on food stamps are working poor, including people who work at minimum wage jobs at places like Walmart and MacDonalds. These companies help their workers apply for government assistance programs.

The notion that only the unemployed get food stamps is false, as is the idea that these people all vote for Democrats.

The highest rates of people on food stamps and Medicaid are in red states.

The posters in this thread blaming Obama for this situation seem to forget that this is the result of the past 30 years of mostly Republican economic policies. This is what happens when you bleed the working poor and the middle class white to benefit the wealthy. When Reagan took office, working people had equity and a bit of savings. Now they have poverty and food stamps. Even the ones with jobs.

The vast majority of people on food stamps are working poor, including people who work at minimum wage jobs at places like Walmart and MacDonalds. These companies help their workers apply for government assistance programs.

The notion that only the unemployed get food stamps is false, as is the idea that these people all vote for Democrats.

The posters in this thread blaming Obama for this situation seem to forget that this is the result of the past 30 years of mostly Republican economic policies. This is what happens when you bleed the working poor and the middle class white to benefit the wealthy. When Reagan took office, working people had equity and a bit of savings. Now they have poverty and food stamps. Even the ones with jobs.

Um.. I tend to believe the rise in stamps is because Obama in anti-business thus, no jobs.

-Geaux

Um.. I tend to believe the rise in stamps is because Obama in anti-business thus, no jobs.

-Geaux

Try reading the information on who receives SNAP assistance. It's not the unemployed. The majority of people receiving these benefits are working.

Yes, my point is they are working low end jobs because better ones are not available for a host of reasons. Mainly, Obama's failed fiscal agenda

-Geaux

Hell - i didn't know there there were any people like that getting food stamps. These deadbeats are guaranteed democrat voters.

Number of Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents on Food Stamps Doubles

17 Jan 2014, 6:41 AM PDT 183
The number of Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWDs) receiving food stamps zoomed from 1.7 million to 3.9 million between Fiscal Year 2007 and Fiscal Year 2010. In that same period, food stamp recipients in total grew from 26 million to nearly 40 million.
One reason for the catastrophic growth in the number of ABAWDs is Barack Obama’s 2009 stimulus bill, which opened the door for states to waive the work provision required of ABAWDs. That work provision mandated that to continue receiving food stamps, after three months of being unemployed ABAWDs must work or perform some type of work activity 20 hours per week.

Oh come on, Bigotbarf!!!!!!

The work requirement for ABAWDs was waived by BUSH in 2004.

Good. Another thread about how Americans are shiftless and lazy. Taking from taxpayers while contributing nothing. This one started and maintained by an admitted racist.....and joined by an admitted tax evader and a host of deep thinkers. Each of whom suggest that people who are generationally poor.......vote.

Keep this up, nutters. Write your reps daily. Make sure you let the GOP brass know how you feel. Electoral victory is within teach if you can just get them to voice your concerns.

I don't think there's much doubt that far too many Americans are shiftless and lazy. How do you think Obama got elected?

That's it! A proven winner of a strategy. Be sure and make the banner big enough to get noticed by the cameras.
You think this needs to be promoted? I doubt there are many people out there that don't already understand.

Don't you think people notice when you pay for your groceries with an EBT card?

Hell yes. Our schools have been dumbed down to accomodate all the low-IQ minorities.

What about low-IQ whites, how do we dumb it down enough for them?

HAHAHA. I love how you blacks get furious when we point out the documented fact that american blacks have average IQ of 85 and african blacks even lower!!!

Hey hey a fucking asshole bigot. Bet you think you got an IQ over what? 50? Sounds about right.

At least you offer the proof of your low IQ by what you write.

Really?
Composition of Congress by Party 1855?2013 | Infoplease.com

Since going off the gold standard in 1971, our money is based on happy thoughts and pixie dust. The nationdebt has consequently ballooned to the point it can never be paid off, but the system in place necessitates it never be fixed since trying to do so will make it crash. Our US economy is a ponzi scheme in every sense of the term. So when politicians try 'cutting back' it isn't out of any realistic plan of paying off the debt but a political maneuver to attack opposition and win votes from supporters.

The debt can't be paid off. But if we don't raise the limit every year everything collapses around the world like it almost did in 2008. If our lenders quit lending to us everything collapses including their economies. So the national debt goes up inifinitely regardless of what we do. If we did anything to pay it off we'd crash the global economy.

Cutting back programs doesn't effect the debt in any significant way, it's just political attack on your opponents. If you're worrying about this sort of thing you're entirely ignorant of how the US and global economy actually works. Things are so off the charts bad, worrying about Food Stamps, Medicare, and the like is like worrying about about drowning in "Butch Casidy and the Sundance Kid" when they're peering over the cliff about the jump. It's not the drowning idiot, it's the fall that's gonna kill ya.

Last edited:
Since going off the gold standard in 1971, our money is based on happy thoughts and pixie dust. The nationdebt has consequently ballooned to the point it can never be paid off, but the system in place necessitates it never be fixed since trying to do so will make it crash. Our US economy is a ponzi scheme in every sense of the term. So when politicians try 'cutting back' it isn't out of any realistic plan of paying off the debt but a political maneuver to attack opposition and win votes from supporters.

The debt can't be paid off. But if we don't raise the limit every year everything collapses around the world like it almost did in 2008. If our lenders quit lending to us everything collapses including their economies. So the national debt goes up inifinitely regardless of what we do. If we did anything to pay it off we'd crash the global economy.

Cutting back programs doesn't effect the debt in any significant way, it's just political attack on your opponents. If you're worrying about this sort of thing you're entirely ignorant of how the US and global economy actually works. Things are so off the charts bad, worrying about Food Stamps, Medicare, and the like is like worrying about about drowning in "Butch Casidy and the Sundance Kid" when they're peering over the cliff about the jump. It's not the drowning idiot, it's the fall that's gonna kill ya.

Is the government in violation of Art 1 section 10?

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

You want us to believe that if we (The USA) were to actually balance our budget that the world economy would crash? Sorry, I don't buy it.

Good. Another thread about how Americans are shiftless and lazy. Taking from taxpayers while contributing nothing. This one started and maintained by an admitted racist.....

Liar. When did i admit i'm racist.? As i've said many times, my opposition to affirmative action proves i'm anti-racist.

Hey hey a fucking asshole bigot. Bet you think you got an IQ over what? 50? Sounds about right.

At least you offer the proof of your low IQ by what you write.

The board notes you evaded the issue and made a personal attack. Thanks for admitting i'm right.

Heard on the radio that there are just over 4 million jobs postings listed across America.
The highest in 5-1/2 years.

As for the incentive to work... well we know where that went.

Yes, but when there are bills to pay and food to buy, working 18 hours a day for $2 an hour is not worth it.
$2 an hour?

Forum List

Back