4 day vs 5 day school week.

Record Number of Missouri School Districts Switched to 4-Day Week

A record number of school districts in Missouri have moved to a four-day school week, according to research by the Missouri State University College of Education.

As the 2022-23 school year begins, an estimate of 141 school districts — nearly 25 percent of all districts — will teach students for just four days of school. This is the highest in Missouri history — a number that has steadily increased over the last two decades. In 2010, just one Missouri school had a four-day week. In 2020, the number of schools had jumped to 102.

What do you all think? Is this a good move or a bad one?
Depends. If the Schools are teaching Divirsity ,CRT ,and Fag shit ,the less kids are in those schools ,the better.

You gettin' a cut from that company? :lol:

Try teaching a room full of 30-40 16 year olds and see how far you get into that 48 minutes. :lmao:
I have taught 11th and 12th grades, US History and psychology, 55 minute periods. For me, the 55 minutes flew by teaching psychology while 55 minutes went much slower for US History. That’s of course telling. Even with a “5 minute attention getter” (basically waking up the students in an early morning class and needed again right after lunch) US History shouldn’t be longer than 40 minutes or so.

I prefer, however, working with 5th/6th graders in a small sized, independent school system. My dream job initially was teaching psychology, but not US History. It’s more like pulling teeth at least in my experience. Maybe in part because of a 55 minute class schedule idk.

No, common sense is using a free school bus rather than your personal car to get your kids to and from school. What is your issue with school buses?

Parents should not make that decision FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE but for the best interests of the kids.

Parents do not have to consider the whims of old men when they decide whether to use school buses or not.

Parents should not make that decision FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE but for the best interests of the kids.

Parents do not have to consider the whims of old men when they decide whether to use school buses or not.
I never said they should. stop lying about what I said. or maybe you could go back and actually read the previous posts. My original point was that from a societal standpoint it makes no sense for parents to forego the school buses and spend time and gas, and creating traffic to take their kids to school. and I agree completely, its their decision. There is nothing that says we all have to agree on anything, much less this issue.

I think it's a great idea if you shorten the summer to, say, six weeks. Otherwise, you have too much learning loss, which we have already suffered thanks to the panic over Covid.
We've had that summer 'learning loss' for generations. We've done alright.

Forum List

Back