4 day vs 5 day school week.

Without the parents working the kid isn't fed, clothed, brought to the Dr regularly, and on and on. because of american wages being where they've been, it takes two adults working full time to make it happen. So yes transportation is needed. School shouldn't only be for the rich.

I am asking who has the responsibility to get kids to school?

Maybe this is where we started to go wrong, frankly.

The State must get kids to school. Then feed them, two meals a day when they're there, which the parents also do not pay for.

Then therapy, and social work, and God only knows what all else.

Face it: we are basically running orphanages where the kids go home at night. Only in some of the districts with more needy kids, the kids go home quite late. Because their home life is rot.

I'm saying--this was where we started to go wrong. IMO
If you want to quit, QUIT.

True. If a family wants to live a meager existence it can be done. Who in their right minds wants a meager existence though?
A family where the kids are raised by a mom who is home for them is not "meager." A family where boys learn by example how a man prioritizes his responsibilities is not "meager."

So you quote Ayn Rand but you want to force America's children onto buses because you don't like the traffic?

Geeez
you libs rant about using gasoline, but you support having thousands of parent's cars burning it waiting to pick up and take their kids to school. Libs are nothing if not hypocrites.

you libs rant about using gasoline, but you support having thousands of parent's cars burning it waiting to pick up and take their kids to school. Libs are nothing if not hypocrites.

It is so cute that you called Sue a lib just because of one little disagreement.

It is why I love this forum, anyone that does not agree with you morons 100% is always on the other side

It is so cute that you called Sue a lib just because of one little disagreement.

It is why I love this forum, anyone that does not agree with you morons 100% is always on the other side
obviously you know more about her than I do. I can only respond to what she said in her post. She sounded like a liberal/hypocrite, if she isn't then thats good.

I'm not a lib. I voted for Trump twice. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of fellow conservatives when they hate govt services and public schools but want to force all the kids on school buses so their old hind ends aren't inconvenienced.

Really?

I'm not a lib. I voted for Trump twice. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of fellow conservatives when they hate govt services and public schools but want to force all the kids on school buses so their old hind ends aren't inconvenienced.

Really?
People hate govt services and when those services are gone they lose their minds and say where is that service? Same old story. If you want to eliminate bussing go ahead, I have no skin in this game. But then also get rid of laws mandating education.

Record Number of Missouri School Districts Switched to 4-Day Week

A record number of school districts in Missouri have moved to a four-day school week, according to research by the Missouri State University College of Education.

As the 2022-23 school year begins, an estimate of 141 school districts — nearly 25 percent of all districts — will teach students for just four days of school. This is the highest in Missouri history — a number that has steadily increased over the last two decades. In 2010, just one Missouri school had a four-day week. In 2020, the number of schools had jumped to 102.

What do you all think? Is this a good move or a bad one?

It would depend on what you're replacing the 5th day with. If you have kids doing homework with teachers available to talk to and it all being worth while, then maybe it's fine. If it's just "way hay... we don't have to work today" then no.

People hate govt services and when those services are gone they lose their minds and say where is that service? Same old story. If you want to eliminate bussing go ahead, I have no skin in this game. But then also get rid of laws mandating education.

This is something else.

I can't believe I'm conversing with a bunch of CONSERVATIVES who think The State should be responsible--even by law--for getting schoolchildren to school. And taxpayers should pay for it.

Heh....really

This is something else.

I can't believe I'm conversing with a bunch of CONSERVATIVES who think The State should be responsible--even by law--for getting schoolchildren to school. And taxpayers should pay for it.

Heh....really

Is being responsible for getting schoolchildren to school any less "CONSERVATIVE" than forcing them "even by law" to attend school in the first place?

Forum List

Back