Should Schools Resort Back to Using Corporal Punishment?

Do You Believe In Corporal Punishment?

• Total voters
I don't really see this as an issue and I was born in the early nineties.

Honestly, and while I grew up in the 70's and 80's when public school spankings were common, I do not want one of these modern freaky-deaky school principals touching our children. I have also taught our children to defend themselves, training they would likely employ if some hipster tie in a plaid suit ordered them to bend over. A principal with popped finger joints probably wouldn't look great on their academic records.

• Banned
That surprises me that night_son answered no when he's a Christian and the Bible teaches spare the rod spoil the child.

No!

Would you want some Public School Teacher smacking your kid and if so then it is still no!

When I was a kid the school would ask the parent at the beginning of the school year if it was okay to swat their kids if they misbehaved.
Of course most parents back then said no problem but be sure to let me know what they did so I can see if they need another ass whipping when they get home.
Parents today always seem to take their kids side over another adults,thats just wrong and teaches kids they can get away with anything.
I've always said that time out is just practice for prison.

• Banned
When I was a kid the school would ask the parent at the beginning of the school year if it was okay to swat their kids if they misbehaved.
Of course most parents back then said no problem but be sure to let me know what they did so I can see if they need another ass whipping when they get home.
Parents today always seem to take their kids side over another adults,thats just wrong and teaches kids they can get away with anything.
I've always said that time out is just practice for prison.

Agreed. It's one thing to trust your child, but another thing altogether when you start treating them like innocent little angels.

I went to a paddling school. All it ever made me do was want to kill them. It was so arbitrary. The boys got it more than the girls. The popular kids never got it at all and some teachers were pretty brutal about it. This one piece of shit had a size 13 sandal made from a tire tread. That sadistic bastard had no business teaching school.

In many families now parents and children are more like friends than parent and child

I have a friendship with my mother now that I'm an adult, but as a child no of course not.

Forum List

Back