300,000 deaths from COVID are expected by the first of December

those numbers are not credible.
Quit pretending you know what the fuck you’re talking about.

i know those numbers are not credible.

Because Trump told you so, and Trump NEVER lies!

nope. i have not listened to trump on this issue at all.

they have admitted that they are counting deaths WITH convid, as deaths FROM convid.

for one limited, but huge example.

the numbers are complete garbage.

we won't be able to judge this pandemic or our response to it, for decades, due to bad data gathering and partisan noise.

Well, by all means, don't listen to scientists about this! These are the same nuts that believe in evelution!

For under-70 it’s .04 %.
Flu is .1%.
First, that's a fake number. Second, the difference is that covid is caused by a novel virus for which we have no immunity or effective treatments. This is why scientists have been sounding the alarm from day one. If you don't understand this fundamental aspect of the pandemic, you should not even be commenting.

48oddo.jpg
So, a weak yearly flu?

Yeap...big deal...my thoughts exactly.

Weak yearly flu? Fewer than 40,000 are estimated to die from the flu each year in the US...
Actually, Fauci himself said it was akin to a . . . what was the wording? Oh yes, a "severe seasonal influenza." :heehee:

". . . If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2"

Fauci said it might end up closer to a seasonal flu than to SARS or MERS as far as case fatality rates. The flu does not kill anywhere near 100,000 people a year in the US, let alone the 150,000 or so COVID-19 is supposed to have killed so far or the 300,000 guesstimate brought up by the OP. That 150,000 is already more than both the 1957 and 1968 estimates for US deaths from those flu outbreaks.

I hope that case fatality rates similar to SARS and MERS isn't the bar people use to determine whether a disease is worthy of concern.

The 300,000 prediction from the OP may be entirely wrong, but based on current numbers, COVID-19 has killed far more people this year than the flu does in any given year in the US, other than the 1918 pandemic.
Yes, but the point of the thread is that bureaucrats are clearly padding the numbers because politicians are paying them to do so.

We have no idea what the real numbers are.

You cannot state with any amount of certainty how many people have actually died because of, or died with Covid-19.

If you are? Then you have become a partisan yourself.

The number of flu deaths isn't certain either, it's an estimate. I suppose the question is just what information one is willing to accept, even provisionally.

And I'm pretty sure the point of this thread was not that bureaucrats are padding numbers. :p
Bureaucrats have been fired for not cooking the books to downplay this virus that`s been giving us a 9-11 every 3 days.

This really shows how pitiful the response has been in the country compared to other nations. We account for 1/4 of all deaths worldwide. We also have the highest rate of new cases worldwide. Meanwhile, in South Korea, a country with a population of 50 million, has 300 deaths.

I'm shocked that the nation with the highest rate of Trespassers and BVs and international visitors and municipal density has a lot of people who get sick and recover from COVID.
And the most people dying per capita.
Which makes sense.
Are we counting the 10s of 1000s murdered by Andrew Cuomo?
20% of the covid deaths in NY were from nursing homes.....
37% of the covid deaths in Florida were from nursing homes
31% of the covid deaths in Texas were from nursing homes
67%of the deaths in Pennsylvania were from nursing homes

43% of all covid deaths in the USA are from nursing homes

Cuomo deserves a standing ovation!

I think this is the easiest thing to understand, the numbers do actually show what the picture does. Meaning they numbers they use, are what is shown. This is only the US.

Pertinent to the information:

Why doesn’t CDC base its seasonal flu mortality estimates only on death certificates that specifically list influenza?
Seasonal influenza may lead to death from other causes, such as pneumonia, congestive heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It has been recognized for many years that influenza is underreported on death certificates. There may be several reasons for underreporting, including that patients aren’t always tested for seasonal influenza virus infection, particularly older adults who are at greatest risk of seasonal influenza complications and death. Even if a patient is tested for influenza, influenza virus infection may not be identified because the influenza virus is only detectable for a limited number of days after infection and many people don’t seek medical care in this interval. Additionally, some deaths – particularly among those 65 years and older – are associated with secondary complications of influenza (including bacterial pneumonias). For these and other reasons, modeling strategies are commonly used to estimate flu-associated deaths. Only counting deaths where influenza was recorded on a death certificate would be a gross underestimation of influenza’s true impact.

Influenza-Chart-Infographic-high-res.jpg

Ok... Now Covid... This information was updated today. Here's the link to the page, I got the numbers through excel. This is ALL US TERRITORIES. So Somoa and Guam are on it as well.

Total Deaths Covid: 160,220
Total Confirmed: 92,530
Total Probable: 9,967

So... It's damn near half of what the OP's title says it will be in December.

Edit: And just to ask again... Am I really the only one on this whole site that has actually got it?

This really shows how pitiful the response has been in the country compared to other nations. We account for 1/4 of all deaths worldwide. We also have the highest rate of new cases worldwide. Meanwhile, in South Korea, a country with a population of 50 million, has 300 deaths.

I'm shocked that the nation with the highest rate of Trespassers and BVs and international visitors and municipal density has a lot of people who get sick and recover from COVID.
Which makes sense.

The rest were from Hospitals, mostly in the first few weeks.
After this, Cuomo sent 10s of 1000s to nursing homes to kill off the old folks.
For someone who seems to be concerned with every death, you sure are happy with the 10s of 1000s murdered by Andrew Cuomo.

That number is bunk. Joe Biden himself already said that 120 million Americans have died from the Shanghai Shivers, so I'm going with that.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-...llion-americans-have-died-coronavirus-1513696

Joe Biden would never lie.
What is this even supposed to mean? Biden gave a wrong number therefore no statistic should be trusted?

Ok... Now Covid... This information was updated today. Here's the link to the page, I got the numbers through excel. This is ALL US TERRITORIES. So Somoa and Guam are on it as well.

Total Deaths Covid: 160,220
Total Confirmed: 92,530
Total Probable: 9,967

So... It's damn near half of what the OP's title says it will be in December.

Edit: And just to ask again... Am I really the only one on this whole site that has actually got it?
Hey moron no one is debating the current death toll, but yeah, based on current projections, it is supposed to reach 300,000 by then. The statistic is gleaned from the increasing rate of inflations that has steadily gone up in recent months.

Which makes sense.

For someone who seems to be concerned with every death, you sure are happy with the 10s of 1000s murdered by Andrew Cuomo.
The nursing home deaths were not from the residents returning from their hospital stay....They were isolated, until they could fully recover..... before being put back in to their old room and general population in the nursing home.

The covid spread in nursing homes came from the outside, via their nursing home aids and workers, and even family visitors early on.

The number and rate of nursing home deaths in ALL the States, continuing to this very day PROVE the made up stories about Cuomo, to be incorrect.....

All states, are killing nursing home residents STILL.... without doing what Cuomo did, and these other states are killing these old folks at a higher rate than New York....some at more than double the rate of Cuomo's New York nursing homes.

THAT'S what my link showed you.

End of story.

Which makes sense.

The nursing home deaths were not from the residents returning from their hospital stay....They were isolated, until they could fully recover..... before being put back in to their old room and general population in the nursing home.

The covid spread in nursing homes came from the outside, via their nursing home aids and workers, and even family visitors early on.

The number and rate of nursing home deaths in ALL the States, continuing to this very day PROVE the made up stories about Cuomo, to be incorrect.....

All states, are killing nursing home residents STILL.... without doing what Cuomo did, and these other states are killing these old folks at a higher rate than New York....some at more than double the rate of Cuomo's New York nursing homes.

THAT'S what my link showed you.

End of story.
It traveled the vents.........in non negative vent BS.......as the staff came to and fro work giving it to more....................

They can die of the Flu.........the gov't........nursing homes FAILED MISERABLY......which isn't new as they failed on basic services for decades in those places.......My own daughter stopped studying to be a nurse from what she saw in those places............Stone cold quit.......after locking herself in a room for a week on what she witnessed in those places.......

COULD and EXPECTED are not the same thing.

Forum List

Back