3.4 Miles

Not too shabby.

Pfft!!

Death-Star-I-copy_36ad2500.jpeg

:eusa_whistle:

Not too shabby.

Nice playing around. Good to get an Artie round up your wassu. Now for the real life.

A Canadian sniper breaks the record for the longest confirmed kill shot - but how?

A Canadian sniper breaks the record for the longest confirmed kill shot - but how?

The soldier shot an IS militant dead from 3,540 metres, which is just over two miles away, in Iraq last month.

The previous record was held by British sniper Craig Harrison, who killed a Taliban fighter in 2009 in Afghanistan from 2,475 metres away (1.5 miles).

The Canadian Armed Forces now holds three of the top five positions for longest confirmed kill shots.

Not too shabby.

Nice playing around. Good to get an Artie round up your wassu. Now for the real life.

The soldier shot an IS militant dead from 3,540 metres, which is just over two miles away, in Iraq last month.

The previous record was held by British sniper Craig Harrison, who killed a Taliban fighter in 2009 in Afghanistan from 2,475 metres away (1.5 miles).

The Canadian Armed Forces now holds three of the top five positions for longest confirmed kill shots.

The point here is, the Sniper gets one shot maybe two. His Spotter is going to have to determine the first shot and have the second shot on the way and arrive before the sound of the first shot can arrive on target if a 2nd shot is needed. There is NO 2nd shot. If you push your luck for a 3rd shot, the other side just might have a Mah Duece or a Russian equiv nearby and trust me, that will have the range to return fire at up to 6800 meters and it will place a hell of a lot of 50 call slugs in your vicinity.

Not too shabby.

Who the heck is Canada going to shoot?

Why do they even have an army?

3.4 miles is extreme long range for a man with a scoped rifle. Where is the woman sniper in the pic?

Not too shabby.

Who the heck is Canada going to shoot?

Why do they even have an army?

Canada is standing Shoulder to Shoulder with the US and Britain in Iran, Syria and Afghanistan. The only joke here is you.

Two miles! That’s a hell of a long way when you stop to think about it. Try looking at something two miles away when out in an open area some time.

I’ve been in a cockpit locally a few times looking down 10,000 feet of runway 8R - 26L ahead and it’s hard to imagine having the skill to put a bullet right where one wants it at that distance.

Two miles! That’s a hell of a long way when you stop to think about it. Try looking at something two miles away when out in an open area some time.

I’ve been in a cockpit locally a few times looking down 10,000 feet of runway 8R - 26L ahead and it’s hard to imagine having the skill to put a bullet right where one wants it at that distance.

I went through training out to 1200 yds. After 800 yds, it's a whole new world. And after 1200 yds, it's a whole new world again. They hadn't invented the 50 cal barrett or the like yet. I can't imagine having to adjust to the curvature of the earth as well as everything else. And that bullet is going to pass through multiple thermal layers as well. The 20 power scope helps but the rock solid nerves and hand is a must. Plus, at 3000 yds, it's going to be as much science as it is voodoo to hit a center mass. I'll bet that there are only about 1 in 500K that can be trained to do that shot, if then.

Standing on a flat surface, you really can't see 3000 yds. Shots like that, you are going to be elevated or your target is going to be elevated. I never even thought of that until I read up on that 3400 yd kill shot. The old M741A could NEVER reach that far out. 1200 yds was about it's optimum limit. Same goes for the M-22/24 which would have about a 1000 yd optimum limit. Both could go further but you have to have enough energy left to get the kill.

Forum List

Back