27 years ago today, Waco

The government made some serious mistakes at Waco and Ruby Ridge ... mistakes they did not repeat at The Democratic People's Republic of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge ... so if the lesson was learned, I'm fine moving on ...
I find this comment VERY interesting because every training class I've ever attended has reiterated the fact that having a firearm on federal property is forboden, including U.S. Postal Service property to mail a letter, even if you have a concealed carry permit. So I don't understand how "forcibly" taking over a government facility while armed ends in no harm no foul.

Thoughts?

As far as what happened at WACO, my understanding is that they were using psychological torture against the occupants of the compound before they torched the place and that they made the fire trucks stay away so it's kind of hard to not believe that our government was sending a message - a fucked up message but a message nonetheless. As has been pointed out, they could have picked up Koresh while he was in town on his regular weekly errand run, thereby eliminating the possibility of harm to the women and children, but instead they chose to kill everyone. My observations have been that when law enforcement runs out of patience it's game over, particularly for certain factions in society.

Oh yeah, nice shot on Fincum. What ever came of that I didn't follow. Nothing,,, as usual?

Another county was tasked with investigating ... they found the same as what the video showed ... Finicum reaching into his jacket ... Oregon police are allowed to shoot under these circumstances ... sometimes these police shootings are legal ...

The government made some serious mistakes at Waco and Ruby Ridge ... mistakes they did not repeat at The Democratic People's Republic of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge ... so if the lesson was learned, I'm fine moving on ...
I find this comment VERY interesting because every training class I've ever attended has reiterated the fact that having a firearm on federal property is forboden, including U.S. Postal Service property to mail a letter, even if you have a concealed carry permit. So I don't understand how "forcibly" taking over a government facility while armed ends in no harm no foul.

Thoughts?

Having a firearm on Federal property depends on the type of property ... forbidden on Wildlife Refuges, I think National Parks, the Capitol Building for some stupid reason, these kinds of places where there no reason to shoot a gun (except for the Capitol Building) ... almost all BLM and National Forest land is open for hunting, and ya gotta have a gun to kill Bambi's mom ...

Oh yeah, nice shot on Fincum. What ever came of that I didn't follow. Nothing,,, as usual?

Another county was tasked with investigating ... they found the same as what the video showed ... Finicum reaching into his jacket ... Oregon police are allowed to shoot under these circumstances ... sometimes these police shootings are legal ...

In the back?

The federal warrant alleged that Branch Dividians were converting rusty British junk surplus into fully automatic weapons but not a single converted surplus firearm was recovered after the disaster. Who would have thought that the U.S. government would use tanks and attack helicopters against it's own citizens? The gas that was sprayed into the compound (C.S.) is illegal to use in prisons. The stuff is in powder form and the gas carrier was toxic and had a flash point similar to lacquer thinner. The electricity was turned off so what did they think would happen when the gas hit propane lanterns? They could have had Koresch when he stopped at the local 7-11 but the ATF wanted a dramatic show. Koresch was wounded but the authorities refused to give him medical aid or an attorney.

In the back?[/QUOTE]

Watch the video again ... see how the van smashed through the snow bank ... see how fast Finicum bolted out the door towards officers ... see how Finicum's hand is in and out of his jacket ... notice no children were killed, something Oregon police are trained in ...

I feel for the guy's family but this is not how we behave at a police road block ... or we're going to get shot ...

Did you know The Donald pardoned the Hammonds? ...

I seen the videos enough times to know.
What was he to do, lay down?
No didn't know he pardoned the Hammonds.

I would have suggested keeping his hands in the air ... when he went from a surrender position to an attacking position, he was likely to get shot ...

Yeah, that's the big news up on the high desert ... glad to see them home early after such a miscarriage of justice ... using our Free Speech rights should never be considered during sentencing ... the trial judge was right IMEIO ...

Bill Clinton and the FBI murdered all those children at Waco.

Janet Reno agreed to take the blame, and she was rewarded.

She appeared on SNL, jumping through a wall with jack boots stomping all over the place.

The liberals at SNL thought it was funny that Janet Reno was a murderer.
I recall how smoothly Slick Willie handed off Waco responsibility to Ms. Reno. Perhaps relaxing afterwards with a staff bj?

I seen the videos enough times to know.
What was he to do, lay down?
No didn't know he pardoned the Hammonds.

I would have suggested keeping his hands in the air ... when he went from a surrender position to an attacking position, he was likely to get shot ...

Yeah, that's the big news up on the high desert ... glad to see them home early after such a miscarriage of justice ... using our Free Speech rights should never be considered during sentencing ... the trial judge was right IMEIO ...

He looked pretty much surrender to me. Yes hands up certainly helps, but not if some agency wants an example. I'm not anti cop/agent,,, terrible job you can get killed too easily. It just didn't look right to me. Neither did Waco or Ruby.

Forum List

Back