27 Viruses?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I was on a website last night about this one celebrity and then I got the popup that my device was now infected with twenty-seven viruses after visiting an adult website. Now clearly I wasn't on an adult website and the fact that it told me that I specifically have twenty-seven viruses was a tad bit unusual. I'm pretty sure it was a scam because my tablet seems fine and from what I looked up about it it appeared to be a scam. Of course I still clicked out of there immediately nonetheless. I'm just curious if anybody else has gotten a popup message like this before.

Avoiding "click bait" is something everyone should do as they commonly have such fake messages to get people to pay for useless "cleaning".
I would suggest using a safer browser like Brave or installing a an adblocker like AdBlockPlus... make sure however that you install the ad blocker through your browsers add on page. Don't Google "AdBlockPlus" etc. as there are several scam applications called something similar.

Avoiding "click bait" is something everyone should do as they commonly have such fake messages to get people to pay for useless "cleaning".
I would suggest using a safer browser like Brave or installing a an adblocker like AdBlockPlus... make sure however that you install the ad blocker through your browsers add on page. Don't Google "AdBlockPlus" etc. as there are several scam applications called something similar.
I prefer uBlock Origin, it's a little better than AdBlockPlus.

I was on a website last night about this one celebrity and then I got the popup that my device was now infected with twenty-seven viruses after visiting an adult website. Now clearly I wasn't on an adult website and the fact that it told me that I specifically have twenty-seven viruses was a tad bit unusual. I'm pretty sure it was a scam because my tablet seems fine and from what I looked up about it it appeared to be a scam. Of course I still clicked out of there immediately nonetheless. I'm just curious if anybody else has gotten a popup message like this before.
It's always a good idea to run your anti-virus scan just as a precaution after running into something like this. Not because you might have those 27 viruses but because the fleeceware popup might have loaded it's own virus on your computer. Probably unlikely but ya never know.

Forum List

Back