What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows 11?

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on USMB tried Windows 11?
Do you like it?
What is good about it?
What is bad about it?

Votto

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I insta.led it and iiiiiiiiiiiit came ouuuuuuuuut grea#

Just kidding, I just want them to leave me the hell alone. No updated, no more installments, no more new computers to cope with all the fabulous new computer power. Just let me surf the net in peace without paying thousands of dollars every few years to do it.

Last edited:

lg325

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is the cause but since Windows 11 installed on my computer jumps around. Sometimes I will be posting on one board and it will jump to another or I am on one site and then suddenly I back at my home page.

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is the cause but since Windows 11 installed on my computer jumps around. Sometimes I will be posting on one board and it will jump to another or I am on one site and then suddenly I back at my home page.
That sounds like a browser problem not an operating system error.

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on USMB tried Windows 11?
Do you like it?
What is good about it?
What is bad about it?
I installed Win 11 on my gaming desktop, other than a recent problem with a graphics driver update, (never allow Microsoft to update your drivers), I've had no issues with it. Basically it's a Win 10 upgrade with some strict security protocols rebranded as Windows 11. It does boot up much faster. Of course I installed a few third party apps that allow me to configure it the way I want it including StartisBack which gives me the old Win 7 Start Menu and Winaero Tweaker to completely shut off things you normally can't.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I bought a new laptop with W11 pre-installed. I've had problems with music file processing and playback. But knock on wood after turning off some "enhancements" it's been good lately.

beautress

Always Faithful
Reaction score
That sounds like a browser problem not an operating system error.
I have the same problem. The other day, I found a post I had written to one thread, and it appeared on another. lol. I have no idea what happened. But sometimes it seems like I have more than one browser... Even if you told me what to look for, I probably wouldn't understand it because I have an abiding antipathy to technology. :coffee:

fncceo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
my computer jumps around

Cut off its feet!

45138_505053102859147_1569606927_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. The other day, I found a post I had written to one thread, and it appeared on another. lol. I have no idea what happened. But sometimes it seems like I have more than one browser... Even if you told me what to look for, I probably wouldn't understand it because I have an abiding antipathy to technology. :coffee:
I find I accidentally hit the wrong key and it opens whatever tab I'm on in an newly opened browser (the same browser) or in my other browser. Sometimes I accidentally close my browser and it takes me a few seconds to figure out what I did....... Most of these type of occurrences are we the user hitting a wrong key accidentally or accidentally hitting the mouse button when it's hovering over something else.

lg325

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was in the middle of a chess game that moved my Bishop and the game vanished and these things didn't start until Windows 11. I am not sure if it has anything to do with it or maybe someone is messing with me because my rook vanished first as the screen flashed and then my Bishop froze the game then the screen flickered and I was back at my home page.

Dekster

Gold Member
Reaction score
Other than the start button being in the middle of the toolbar I haven't noticed much difference with it on the computers I installed it on. I have it on a computer at work and on a dell that I completely reinstalled everything on that was having all sorts of issues. I am convinced dell now makes their computers glitchy unless you use their optimization programs that aren't free after the first year. They used to be good computers. Now they are too loaded up with proprietary crap. We just use that one for browsing because with limited reinstall licensing on a lot of software, we don't want to burn up a reinstall on a unit that may get all pissy again.

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was in the middle of a chess game that moved my Bishop and the game vanished and these things didn't start until Windows 11. I am not sure if it has anything to do with it or maybe someone is messing with me because my rook vanished first as the screen flashed and then my Bishop froze the game then the screen flickered and I was back at my home page.
First step is to uninstall your browser then reinstall it in safe mode. Make sure you back up your saved bookmarks first. If that doesn't fix it then the only other problem I can currently think of is your graphics card doesn't like the game.

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a new computer that runs Windows 11. The rest of my studio equipment from Apple. But for one particular task I couldn't justify the price of another iMac. The all-in-one from Dell has a big enough screen, runs fast enough and has limited memory - though sufficient to my needs. I quickly discovered that the key to using it for my purpose is to deny it access to the internet. Entirely. The downside of that is when I want to move work-in-progress I have to use "sneakernet" - copy to a USB drive and walk it between rooms. With the speed of today's USB drives it's not much of an inconvenience.

If you want a computer for general purposes including a lot of internet browsing then a new computer with Windows 11 makes sense provided you have lots of time to deal with the crap Microsoft constantly throws at you AND you can learn enough about the system to do everything you need without allowing MS to screw around with your operating system or applications without specific permission.

Apple has been drifting more "big brother" but MS has it refined to an art form.

FJB

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's all that different from Windows 10.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Personally I am sick of WIndows 11 continuously wanting me to upgrade on my desktop PC at the office.
I run several applications and don't want to lose any data or find out the hard way there are issues with Win 11.
I swear I have clicked NO at least 25 or 30 times.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List