2023 summer was hottest on record; New York City flooded. Are you worried about global warming yet?

2023 summer was hottest on record; New York City flooded. Are you worried about global warming yet?
If you're still not worried about global warming, you're either willfully ignorant or living in a fantasy world.
The summer of 2023 was the hottest on record, with temperatures soaring well above normal levels all over the world. Heat waves baked North America, Europe, and Asia, and wildfires raged out of control in many countries.
And in New York City, the most populous city in the United States, severe flooding caused widespread damage and disruption.
These are just two of the many extreme weather events that have been linked to climate change in recent years. Others include more intense hurricanes and typhoons, more frequent and severe droughts, and rising sea levels.
To the climate change skeptics:
Wake up and smell the coffee. The planet is warming at an alarming rate, and it's having a devastating impact on people and ecosystems all over the world.
Lol, what you have written down for the last 150 years it was warmer this year :auiqs.jpg:

If you're still not worried about global warming, you're either willfully ignorant or living in a fantasy world.
The summer of 2023 was the hottest on record, with temperatures soaring well above normal levels all over the world. Heat waves baked North America, Europe, and Asia, and wildfires raged out of control in many countries.
And in New York City, the most populous city in the United States, severe flooding caused widespread damage and disruption.
These are just two of the many extreme weather events that have been linked to climate change in recent years. Others include more intense hurricanes and typhoons, more frequent and severe droughts, and rising sea levels.
Wake up and smell the coffee. The planet is warming at an alarming rate, and it's having a devastating impact on people and ecosystems all over the world.

Are you worried about global warming yet?

No

I worry about being force to walk, ride the trolley or peddle a bicycle to work thanks to crazy eco libs

How cute, Chicken Little yowlings from our resident liberal shill. Get back to me when giant cold blooded creatures are walking the whole of the planet. Hint: not possible while there is still winter, so stop your whining.

“Hottest ever” is very very vague and non specific and deliberately so. DC area at or slightly below average summer 2023
Hottest ever where?’The under sea volcanos are now finally recognized by more than just weather people like me .
Sure, if you put a thermometer by the White House and 200 other places like it you will Naturally find higher temperatures in those specific sites than 30+ years ago due to urbanization. That DOES NOT equate to the entire planet warming but rather more macadam and such around those tiny measurement areas
Facts are there if you don’t get neck deep in emotion and punitive measures.

And not a thing we can do here. You planning on invading China and India?

Hottest ever where?’The under sea volcanos are now finally recognized by more than just weather people like me .
Sure, if you put a thermometer by the White House and 200 other places like it you will Naturally find higher temperatures in those specific sites than 30+ years ago due to urbanization. That DOES NOT equate to the entire planet warming but rather more macadam and such around those tiny measurement areas
Facts are there if you don’t get neck deep in emotion and punitive measures.
Hottest ever? What---for the last 138 years of records? LMAO.

I don't think humans caused the heat wave, but Mother Nature likely did. It's usually fall by now in the lovely Piney Woods of E. Texas, but instead, the hot weather dominates the falling leaves. Whew! I'm tempted to drive up to Casper Wyoming, where I spent 35 years during the years my children were growing up. It was a little bit too cold, though. I had bronchitis from September to May every year. Brrrrrrr! Just thinking about it makes it 10 degrees cooler. Just kidding, but not thriving in freezer weather seemed as though it would never end.

Last edited:
Another lib who wants tell everyone else how to live

If I need a healthy lifestyle I will choose it for myself
These were the people overflowing with arrogance of the certainty that all of us MUST get Covid shots to benefit Them

It Keeps on Raining Too Much Too Fast

Even an inch of rain, if it falls too quickly, can overwhelm a place.
By Kendra Pierre-louis

Commentary:
Indeed. the sewage system and drainage system are tied together in NYC and it`s five boroughs. The problem comes when the system is not maintained.
All you have to do is ask the average citizen of NY, when was the last time they saw their corner sewer drain point cleaned out?
Sure you can complain about 'Climate Change' but that is a natural occurrence with our seasons.
Maintaining the systems and improving on them is a necessity yet those we elect fail to do so to save money to spend on some frivolous projects.

Forum List

Back