2012 - Republicans Shouldn't Get to Confident

Not much will change my vote, mainly because of cap and trade and immigration, but the Republicans shouldn't get too confident. Things can change.

Things can change a lot in 2 years. Imagine this:
(1) Economy rebounds and unemployment goes under 5%
(2) Iran signs a deal and becomes nuke free
(3) The electric car takes off and oil prices decrease
(4) I and P sign a peace agreement and peace is achieved
(5) Troops pull out of Iraq (he will get credit and applause)
(6) OBL is captured
(7) No amnesty bill is signed or presented
(8) There is hope in afghanistan
(9) No bad effects of the healthcare bill are seen (yet!)!
(10) The deficit goes down (that would take a lot)

Imagine if all these things are even a few combined with #1 (heck even #1) happens, then Obama is assured a victory!

Sure would be great if all that happened.....:eusa_pray:

The best hope for Obama is that Republicans and as many Independents as reasonable take over the House and Senate. Republican influence did wonders for Clinton until she blew it.

The dream..the government will have an epiphany and get the message that they work for us and not for their re-elections. The people will respond with confidence and we will be back on track.

For Obama to be re-elected he'll have to be sold on the American people first program. Divided government (in my opinion) works out better for the American people. It just might be possible provided Republicans or Independents don't come up with a truly viable alternative.

It's too early. That's two and a half years away, which is an eternity in politics.

I remember people saying the same thing about Clinton about this time in his first term, and he steamrolled the Republicans in 1996.

And I remember George Bush looked like a shoe-in 9 months ahead of the election.
Wellllllllllllllll......it started a little-earlier-than-that.....​

"His business career was marked by mediocrity or failure which nonetheless resulted in him getting lots of money from his father's political allies. And his political career has been handed to him on a platter by his famous name, and by his dad's cronies."

:booze:

McGovern? :lol: That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay back there mips.

Correct! but I've found wallowing in past political disasters is much more tolerable than dealing with the present political realities....... :tongue:
That's not surprising......

pinkhawks.jpg

McGovern? :lol: That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay back there mips.

Correct! but I've found wallowing in past political disasters is much more tolerable than dealing with the present political realities....... :tongue:

A little avoidance once in awhile is a good thing. Prevents one from tearing their hair out and running around in circles. There are some real doozies now, that's for sure. And to recall how much more calm things were with Bush. Sure there was Iraq, but states were not rebelling and the whole ball of wax didn't seem to be melting on the floor.

Not much will change my vote, mainly because of cap and trade and immigration, but the Republicans shouldn't get too confident. Things can change.

(6) OBL is captured

Imagine if all these things are even a few combined with #1 (heck even #1) happens, then Obama is assured a victory!

Sure would be great if all that happened.....:eusa_pray:

The best hope for Obama is that Republicans and as many Independents as reasonable take over the House and Senate. Republican influence did wonders for Clinton until she blew it.
....After which Hillary's proceeded to make Condi Rice a mere-footnote in U.S. History.

:cool:

(6) OBL is captured

I don't think they should be confident at all. For the life of me I don't understand the popularity of the fuckup currently in charge, but he is popular and will be very difficult to defeat, especially if some of that shit listed happens.

It's too early. That's two and a half years away, which is an eternity in politics.

I remember people saying the same thing about Clinton about this time in his first term, and he steamrolled the Republicans in 1996.

And I remember George Bush looked like a shoe-in 9 months ahead of the election.

"His business career was marked by mediocrity or failure which nonetheless resulted in him getting lots of money from his father's political allies. And his political career has been handed to him on a platter by his famous name, and by his dad's cronies."

No, dumbshit. George HW Bush.

Gee,dumbshit....I guess you should have been more-specific.

:rolleyes:

Gee,dumbshit....I guess you should have been more-specific.

:rolleyes:

"He looked like a shoe in 9 months before the election" can only refer to HW Bush. Sorry. I thought I was posting for someone who has a minimal base of knowledge and would have recognized that. My fault for thinking you were a sentient life form.

Right now, there is no one on the Republican side that even remotely appears to be a viable candidate in 2012. The GOP is not going to gain a majority in either house in 2010. The Tea Party is going to have to have their way and will insist on unelectable far right candidates for the November elections. That will end the GOP hope for making great gains in 2010.

Right now, there is no one on the Republican side that even remotely appears to be a viable candidate in 2012. The GOP is not going to gain a majority in either house in 2010. The Tea Party is going to have to have their way and will insist on unelectable far right candidates for the November elections. That will end the GOP hope for making great gains in 2010.

You're forgetting the flying monkey coming out of Obama's ass....

A lot of these problems were caused by Republican incompetence:

After Republican deregulation destroyed the economy and unleashed Wall Street

The invasion of Iraq freed Iran to develop nuclear weapons. Stopping the oil from Iraq let Iran make the money to finance their agenda.

One of the reasons our economy is so entrenched in oil, is because of the Cheney/Oil Companies secret meetings to decide American energy policy.

Why should they?

We will pull out when they have the army we thought they had when we went in. And now, they are a hard right Islamic theocracy. At least half a million Iraqis are dead. How many did Saddam kill compared to Bush and the Republicans. And how many Americans died from Iraqi attacks? A half million to none? We still have to finish rebuilding their country. Bush and the Republicans signed contracts and treaties for years into the future making sure the current president is hamstrung.

(6) OBL is captured

He will never be found. Not after the head start given to him by the Republicans.

Where was any bill from 2001 to 2009? Bush, from Texas was president and McCain from Arizona was Senator. THEY DID NOTHING!

Maybe in 2001, but Republican neglect has left a terrible mess.

It may cost a little, but NOTHING like the trillions the Republican drug bill will cost if not repealed or "tweaked".

Not without major reform in three areas. Medicare, Social Security, Military

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So the Republican Party will do better if their leaders are replaced by people like Sarah Palin and Rand Paul?

And Obama could experience an apotheosis and become a deity.
Yeah. Right.

More likely:

The economy experiences a double dip when Europe has defaults and CA, NY, and MI all default on their debt
Unemployment goes to over 10%
al Qaeda or some other miscreant stages a terrorist attack in the U.S.
Karzai defects to the Taliban and orders U.S. troops out
Iran explodes a nuclear warhead and makes threatening moves to Israel
You "conservative"-psychics need to find some new hobbies.

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

(6) OBL is captured(7) No amnesty bill is signed or presented

yeah and the republicans went completely tea party crazy

(6) OBL is captured(7) No amnesty bill is signed or presented

yeah and the republicans went completely tea party crazy

Not to worry!!!

Ol' "Mad Dog" Rove is about to do some Teabagger Ass-Whuppin'!!!!!!

roveinked.jpg

Forum List

Back